The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: back from Fla  (Read 718 times)

Offline The Dowagiac Dangler

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Rippin' Lips
back from Fla
« on: May 13, 2016, 09:21 PM »
after having missed a season due to winter work in Fla, I'm back. my son has decided that this winter will be his first winter on the ice with me. He can already read a flasher, has been able to since he was four lol. My question is this... what is a good website to purchase a Vex from, cost wise? I have one for myself, just need one for the little guy. I just bought a house in last October, so a brand spanking new one is out of the question, from a monetary perspective. was checking out the refurb ones on the vex site. any other sites I may be able to find a decent deal? I have seen a bunch, but maybe I'm missing some. thanks guy (and gals) :tipup:

Offline WestSideAl8x8

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pants up, don't loot!
Re: back from Fla
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 07:50 AM »
I bought mine off of Craigslist. I bought an FL18 for $200 and then ran across a deal on a Vex camera. I bought the combo stand for $100 from Franks Great Outdoors and have a total of $500 into a unit that retails for $1,100. Be patient, they go up for sale all the time on CL.

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 10:29 AM »
I've bought off of ebay before. Just read the description well and look at the sellers history. I don't find it too risky if you do your homework.

Offline Jig_Pounder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 11:16 AM »
Buddy of mine bought a referb off the internet. Half the price and still came with a warranty. Try Amazon and see what they have.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.