Author Topic: Help Western Slope fisherman take back our fisheries!  (Read 769 times)

Offline Westsloper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • There's always something in my icehole!
Many from the Western Slope are aware of the positive impact Rifle Gap has on the economy of Rifle and the surrounding area. Apparently those representing the CWP fail to recognize nor take into consideration such impact(s) when making critical decisions. In addition, to many sportsmen fail to make there voices heard. Well, here is an opportunity to be heard. Failure to speak up results in unrealistic decisions such as the decisions that are plaguing Rifle Gap and other Western Colorado fisheries. It may not do any good at this point but if you don't speak up even now you have no right to complain.

Below is a petition that I started, the more signatures we get the better. I am in the process of gathering information from a few close friends within the CPW and the Federal Fish and Wildlife offices. I will take this petition and the information I gather to every news outlet I possibly can in hopes to gain some traction with state and federal fish and game dept/agencies. Its time that we start to push back and stop being the ones that get pushed around.

https://www.change.org/p/colorado-parks-and-wildlife-take-back-our-warm-water-fisheries-in-western-colorado?recruiter=428407374&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink
Jiggin up jumbos!

Offline Chadfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Sure, they were biting here yesterday? :(
Re: Help Western Slope fisherman take back our fisheries!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2016, 07:33 PM »
Apparently those representing the CWP fail to recognize nor take into consideration such impact(s) when making critical decisions.

What decisions??? Your petition has no outline for the problems we sportsmen and women are bring pushed around for.
There's time to sleep when your dead....let's go fishin'!!!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2016, 07:49 AM »
Kind of like signing a blank check  ;D
Bud

Offline Westsloper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • There's always something in my icehole!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2016, 09:50 PM »
Just had a 40 minute conversation with Lori Martin (CPW Biologist), they will be holding off on their gill netting operations in Rifle Gap until further input from local anglers and they take another look into the current management plan. There will be another round table meeting in Rifle in the next 2-3 weeks to discuss the management plan for the lake and to talk about other management options. She did say that no gill netting has been done as of yet, rumors going around are false. She also said the petition and all the traffic on social media has caused quite a stir with her upper management. They were scheduled to put nets in today and called it off due to the overwhelming surge in phone calls and emails from upset anglers. She also went into how there is a chance to save the existing walleye in the lake, it will take a lot of legwork on their part. From what I got from my conversation with Lori, she wants to help. She seemed genuinely upset with the situation. I will keep everyone posted on when this meeting is and it would be great to see some faces from the eastern slope as well as the western slope, her words were basically "the more people we can gather the better chance we will have."!

Jiggin up jumbos!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.