Author Topic: Stocking Walleye at Moore dam  (Read 1291 times)

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Stocking Walleye at Moore dam
« on: Mar 16, 2016, 06:24 PM »

Walleye stocking at Moore Reservoir.
« on: Mar 14, 2016, 03:10 PM » Reply with quote 

I've always dreamed of fishing for pike and walleye locally rather than spending great deal of time and money to travel north  to Quebec or Ontario.  Now Moore offers trophy pike fishing.   Next should be trophy walleye fishing!!   That was my hope when Vt. and NH biologists offered a public proposal to stock walleye in the twelve mile long Moore Reservoir.  That was two years ago .   Because the local TU chapter didn't like the idea of stocking "non-native fish"  and ruining the ecosystem NHF&G have spent two years sampling all aspects of the system.   

At 6:00 PM on April 18th NH & Vt. will present a summary of their finding and again discuss the walleye project.   Gabe Gries will represent NHF&G
Jud  Kratzer will represent VtF&W.   Anyone in favor of the walleye stocking must show up or contact Vt. or NH  biologists.   I'm sure that the local TU  chapter will be there to offer a biased presentation. 

As good showing might convince the biologists that Moore Reservoir could be a great fishery for bass, pike and walleye.   It would be like bringing a small piece of Canada to NH and Vt.

I hope to hear that a large number of fishermen are interested in this great fisheries project.

Dick

Catching big fish is like winning the door prize!
Have to be there to win!!!!

Offline FishinDJ

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Stocking Walleye at Moore dam
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2016, 08:24 PM »
Interesting.....where will this discussion be held?

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2016, 10:38 PM »
You can find the original post and answer on MFF NH.

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2016, 04:53 AM »
Interesting.....where will this discussion be held?

It will be in Littleton NH, I had the date from another post Dick Baker posted this on Myfishfinder.com ,just copied it...

Catching big fish is like winning the door prize!
Have to be there to win!!!!

Offline nhfresh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2016, 10:22 AM »
There's already Walleye and Pike there, why do they need to stock it? Do they want to wipe out everything else in the reservoir? ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.