Author Topic: Hogs on Lake Winnipeg this year  (Read 2979 times)

Offline Steven_Polaris

• IceShanty Rookie
  • GEMME WALLEYE
Hogs on Lake Winnipeg this year
« on: Mar 15, 2016, 05:55 PM »
This year went by so fast, was able to catch my first master angler measuring at 29" and just under 10 pounds.
It pays off to move lots throughout the day and get on top of the baitfish, marking baitfish means walleye are close. Just wanted to share a few pics of some nice greenbacks!!!

"A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work"

Offline bandit

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Born to Fish
Re: Hogs on Lake Winnipeg this year
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2016, 08:18 PM »
Some how I was able to open up your photo bucket. Take it easy looks like some pretty big fish on the filet table. I hate to see you whining about the poor fishery on Lake Winnipeg in a few years.

Offline anglure

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2016, 08:28 PM »
Good pics ! NICE EYES ! Thanks for the share !

Offline avidangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2016, 09:58 PM »
Very nice pics and fish..ty

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2016, 09:50 AM »
Some how I was able to open up your photo bucket. Take it easy looks like some pretty big fish on the filet table. I hate to see you whining about the poor fishery on Lake Winnipeg in a few years.

A couple pretty strong age classes swimming the lake right now. Lets hope a good recruitment of dinkers are coming up the pipe. IMO retaining a legal limit of walleye on Lake Winnipeg will have little effect on the fishery in the near future as the big hogs will rapidly disappear regardless...

FF
He who hesitates is lost...

Offline Steven_Polaris

• IceShanty Rookie
  • GEMME WALLEYE
« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2016, 12:15 PM »

::) ::)    Yea......its good to know that you have your eyesight on me and my dastardly activities ;D ::) Guess I wont be applying for any Liberal candidacies in Southdale or NDP in Fort Rouge anytime soon with all my past fishing insubordinations and malfeasances. Stellar work! ;D

Offline Steven_Polaris

• IceShanty Rookie
  • GEMME WALLEYE
« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2016, 12:25 PM »
A couple pretty strong age classes swimming the lake right now. Lets hope a good recruitment of dinkers are coming up the pipe. IMO retaining a legal limit of walleye on Lake Winnipeg will have little effect on the fishery in the near future as the big hogs will rapidly disappear regardless...

FF

I agree....the fact that these last 2 weeks are essentially pooched also gives a good indicator of the graduating class as well.  Fishery is healthy and verdant and all predictors point they wont be crashing anytime soon, a la Mille Lacs.

Offline IceDog88

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 20, 2016, 12:45 PM »
Good bunch of Eyes. And yes, persistence seems to pay off when you can locate bait fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.