Author Topic: ? regarding swedish pimples and for those that really know chev chases  (Read 1911 times)

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I was taught when putting a single hook on a swedish pimple to put the flapper/blade on the outside of the gap, the A side as in the picture above. Seems to work fine with hooking up no problems. I recently got some chev chase trolling lures and the flapper is on the inside of the gap or the B side as marked in the picture I posted. I ordered these Spoons direct from AJs with single hooks so I figured if he sent them to me this way its fine? Does it really matter? will the blade really interfer with hook up ratios?

Salmonemia

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Wayne
I would not want to contradict AJ.
IMO, that flipper blade belongs on the side opposite the gap!
No exceptions.
My guess is that Alan was busy. You have to pay attention, because the split ring gets twisted around and I'm sure he used siwashs and then you got the flipper. Easy to get them on the wrong side.

Should not be saying this in public.... BUT, you should be switching those hooks out yourself. AJ's got enough going on.  ;D

Took another look at the pic. That's not the same Chevy Chase my mother gave me 50 years ago. Mine have a twisted wire (hole). Did they change things around?

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Yeah wasn't a dis on AJ he got them directly from moosalamoo. Just trying to figure it out so they run true. Even my needle fish spoons have the flapper on the outside of the gap. No disrespect just trying to figure it out and fix it thanks CD
Salmonemia

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
you think too much.. ;D... I've put them on either side ( not because I wanted too.. but because I was too lazy to "do it again")...it never seems to matter... laws of "correctness" say the flipper ought to be opposite the gap... personally I don't think the fish care. ::)
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
you think too much.. ;D... I've put them on either side ( not because I wanted too.. but because I was too lazy to "do it again")...it never seems to matter... laws of "correctness" say the flipper ought to be opposite the gap... personally I don't think the fish care. ::)
Im a thinker LOL
Salmonemia

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Wayne
Took another look at the pic. That's not the same Chevy Chase my mother gave me 50 years ago. Mine have a twisted wire (hole). Did they change things around?

Correct its not a Chev chase in the picture just was using the pic as an example in regards to flipper location. All is good I re did all of them last night after a few drinks, there still on correctly. Thanks CD
Salmonemia

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Correct its not a Chev chase in the picture just was using the pic as an example in regards to flipper location. All is good I re did all of them last night after a few drinks, there still on correctly. Thanks CD
Sounds good.
Did you happen to check them again today, after you sobered up?  ;D

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Sounds good.
Did you happen to check them again today, after you sobered up?  ;D
I was navy and Im a fisherman, I work fine after a few. ;D There ready to go
Salmonemia

Offline fishlessman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
the hooks are on backwards on those lures to the right ;D

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
the hooks are on backwards on those lures to the right ;D

Left to right I think 3 & 4 are.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks The photo was an example only pulled from Google. I added the a and b. That's it. My hooks are good to go. Thanks
Salmonemia

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice thanks Tom
Salmonemia

Offline WhereDaRainbows

• Team IceShanty Regular
Flipper blade goes in the trash
"I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret." -- Roderick Haig-Brown

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.