Author Topic: Keeley  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Timetofish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Keeley
« on: Mar 14, 2016, 08:25 AM »
Wondering what conditions are like on keeley lake, flood water, snow, truck or sled? Thanks

Offline Rosco39

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Keeley
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2016, 12:54 PM »
Also wondering how Keeley is? I was up on the 7 after fresh snow and we were pushing snow through the od drift with lower part of front bumper. But now that its melted and re froze this week has any body been there Monday or today. So looking for same answers as TimetoFish, hoping to get up Friday

Offline ndurocher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2016, 08:50 AM »
I went to the Ice Fishing Derby on March 13th and it was pretty easy getting into the lake but there was a washout on the main road going back so we had to detour, and all I did was follow other people because I had no clue where they were going.  I didn't catch anything but other guys were more lucky, saw about 10 pickerel caught in the 4 hours we were out there.  First time I went to Keely, we were out quite a ways and it was pretty shallow; like we were out 300-400m and were in 5 feet of water...I had fun though

Offline Rosco39

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2016, 03:28 PM »
Anybody up there for Easter weekend? Just wondering about ice conditions! Can we still drive truck out? I was able to drive out on March 18. I'm hoping to get up for 30,31

Offline Judes83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2016, 07:33 PM »
Some buddies of mine are up right now, but I think they were quadding out this weekend.  Hopefully they have better luck than they had last year.  Slipped going for a tip up and smashed his collar bone.  Off work for 11 weeks.

Offline Rosco39

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2016, 08:43 PM »
Hmmm! Thanks Jude's. Well I'll call lodge tomorrow and see what they say, I'm hoping it's still good to go we are planning to sleep out on the ice in our pop up tent but don't own a sled or quad so hopefully we can drive out!

Anyone else with ice updates would be appreciated

Offline Judes83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 29, 2016, 06:05 PM »
My buddies were up this weekend, got back today.  They said fishing at Keeley was VERY slow and they mixed it up.  Timing, presentation and spots.  Didn't seem to matter much.

Offline Rosco39

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 29, 2016, 06:37 PM »
We are heading up in morning. Guys are still driving out.😀 hopefully the :tipup: are crazy and the eyes come out at night

Offline Rosco39

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Apr 01, 2016, 12:03 PM »
That's all Folks!!!
       We got up to Keeley for our over nighter. We hit up the spot we had done very well this winter for decent pike. But the well had dried up. We stayed here for 7hrs (should have moved but it had been so good this winter) and only 1 fish. So we finnally moved to a new spot. We set up our camp there after catching a couple pike. The wind had been blowing all day but it was +9 so never bothered us. The evening the wind died off and I catch 8 walleye out 1 hole (PB most in 1 day and 1 hole). But then the wind picked up so we decided to take shelter in shack and pulled out the crib board that we picked up at the tackle shop in Meadow Lake. The wind never let up, not sure how strong but it must have had gusts of 70-80kphr. We thought for sure the shack was a goner but I was impressed how well that Eskimo did. We left our rods set up in the tent while we slept hoping for some night walleye. At 2am the jaw jacker went off so I reeled up and it was a 3lb pike. Then 1hr later it went off again and I caught a 12.5lb pike. I never new pike fed at night but I was proven wrong. We never did caught any walleye through the night but did see a nice 4lber swimming around our holes in am.

We ended up with around 20-25 fish I the 2 days. 10 Wallleye and 4 Norhterns over 10lbs biggest 15lb 6oz.

I would also like to say thank you to the guys we stopped to visit with at the mouth of creek to the lodge that advised us of  a truck that fell through in the creek and guided us off the lake to a different spot by the cabins. We never seen the truck in water but it spent the night in the lake with one side that broke through and water in the cab, my buddy told me there is adoring there so when venturing out from the lodge he said stay right, stay right to avoid it. I never knew this so I'm passing it on to everyone. 2 weeks ago we broke through in same spot truck fell about 4" on one side but just thought it was flood water, got lucky!!

Hopefully everyone enjoyed there hard water season, I know I did it was my best season ever!! 🎣 bring on soft water!!

Cheers

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.