The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Many Thanks! And Couple Less Thumbs!!!  (Read 1020 times)

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
Many Thanks! And Couple Less Thumbs!!!
« on: Mar 14, 2016, 07:21 AM »
Well, didn’t get out nearly as much as I would have liked. Only one skunk though and that was the first trip. Got out for the last time yesterday, chasing whitefish again. It was a little breezy. Had to “stick” my sled so it wouldn’t blow away. Bare trees were blowing to 2 o’clock. But I drove three hours, I was gonna fish. Went out where APJ took me and couldn’t find cooperative fish but read a handful. Tried the area til about 1pm. Moved down the lake. ZERO :-\ . Went back to the first area and there were some whites doing the up and down thing. Had to change lures a few times - green, glow, glow with spots, black, and black and white with a BIG red eye. The red Fiskas with glow dots and little piece of nuggie glow tail and 2 mousees was the answer, for whatever reason. Missed a few, lost two and kept two. The fish weren’t active at all til after 3pm. OR maybe I should have gone to the red with white glow polka-dots earlier. :-\ :-\ :-\

There were a few parties out there. No one did much, according to the bio that stopped bye.

Met a crappie catching guy out there, Mark from Winthrop. Not a shanty member. The guy is kind of burly, about 5’7, dark hair and beard. If anyone knows him, I’d love to get in touch with him. PM me if you know him or let him know.  The guy new a LOT about catching crappies and has the rigs, , sonar, lures and and rod case to go with it. Showed me a pic of a 17.5 inch crappie he got and told me where. It was one of bee’s honey holes.  :woot:

Many thanks to APJ and Whitefishlover for helping me get a bead on the little buggers. At least now I have the proper clues and suspicions. I’m already looking forward to some forays on em next year. May try an open water venture.  ;)

"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline APJ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • A Jig Rod in hand is worth fish on the ice..
Re: Many Thanks! And Couple Less Thumbs!!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2016, 09:36 AM »
You was defiantly a die hard yesterday that wind was terrible. Glad to see you got a couple anyway. I got next week off I thought I was done but I think I got a couple more trips up.. ;D
[img       Former-( Air Plane Jigger)

Offline chum bucket

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2016, 10:55 AM »
How to tough it out, really windy here I can only imagine what you saw. Nice white fish
Semper Fi

Offline MG39

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2016, 12:12 PM »
It's been a good year for you Joe. Enjoyed all the writings during the Winter. Now it's time to switch gears(rods) & start another adventure through the warmer weather. Stay healthy. ;D
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have Trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today & I Will Trust Tomorrow,
Maybe......

Semper-Fi

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2016, 12:58 PM »
Thanks Guys! A few degrees colder and I would’ve dust’d ‘er! I did have to walk in to shore once to get another layer of clothes on and some warmer gloves. It really wasn’t bad, but for the wind and tough bite.

It's been a good year for you Joe. Enjoyed all the writings during the Winter. Now it's time to switch gears(rods) & start another adventure through the warmer weather. Stay healthy. ;D

First and second  gear, in 4 wheel drive, will be with a clam and worm hoe. Woke with a cold this morning. Other than that, healthy so far. You stay healthy too, Bob! I want to get down there and land a few with you guys.  :thumbsup:
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline franklin fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2016, 02:52 PM »
  Way to stay on it.  Glad to see you were able to get a couple more Whitefish.

Offline blacktrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2016, 06:23 PM »
Nice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.