Author Topic: Bad ending  (Read 1875 times)

Offline sweet lou

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • go deep or go home.
Bad ending
« on: Mar 13, 2016, 01:59 PM »
Fished the first for two days with mixed results. Friday was skunked for the first time in twenty years fishing up there. Saturday  started slow and ended up with 6 lakers the largest was 23 inches 3.5 lbs. and  7 cusk. Talked to a lot of guys that had same results .Good to see you again Den hope you guys did better yesterday. We have to plan a spring trip for sure.

Offline BarringtonBrad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • either on the ice or wishing I was
Re: Bad ending
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2016, 02:09 PM »
That sux Lou  :-\ not the report I was hoping for.how was the ice? Edges still there? If there's ice next weekend I will be heading up for one last trip.hoping to hit lake F and 3rd
Tight lines!!

Offline sweet lou

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • go deep or go home.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2016, 02:15 PM »
should have plenty of ice. Denny could give you the report for the third. I fished just the first brought the sled. I had around 12 - 18 inches in areas had to really watch for drain holes some are scary.

Offline Rando5512

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather go fishin'!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2016, 03:43 PM »
Sorry to hear about the skunk Lou. I had a few of those this year. At least you had a chance to get up to the burg. That is never a bad thing

Offline WhereDaRainbows

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 13, 2016, 07:14 PM »
Fished big diamond on Saturday very slow only a couple small lakers. Left early and fished the afternoon up at 3rd dame thing only a couple small lakers. Fished 3rd again this morning for half day couple small rainbows and 3 or 4 small lakers. 20" of ice on big diamond edges were fine same thing with the third.
"I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret." -- Roderick Haig-Brown

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2016, 06:33 AM »
Sorry to hear about the skunk Lou. I had a few of those this year. At least you had a chance to get up to the burg. That is never a bad thing

Lou great to see you. A spring trip would be great. I'll be up there Father's Day weekend in June.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2016, 06:39 AM »
That sux Lou  :-\ not the report I was hoping for.how was the ice? Edges still there? If there's ice next weekend I will be heading up for one last trip.hoping to hit lake F and 3rd

Edges were real bad yesterday on Francis when I drove by. I saw where someone put plywood out get on. Too lazy to take the plywood with them. Third? Long ways to go not to be able to fish. Edges are going to go fast now. I fished a pond near me on 3/6 with 10" of ice when I drove by it yesterday it was wide open except for a few coves. Roads are heaved up pretty good up there especially to Third. Wish you luck if you go.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 14, 2016, 12:50 PM »
never a bad ending when you are doing what you love and everyone returns home safely...sounds like winner ...winner to me...
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline sweet lou

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • go deep or go home.
« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2016, 04:43 PM »
Lou great to see you. A spring trip would be great. I'll be up there Father's Day weekend in June.
I'll be up that weekend for sure. Fathers day footballs.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 14, 2016, 05:01 PM »
I'll be up that weekend for sure. Fathers day footballs.

Stay in touch I hope the water isn't flood stage like last year.

Offline sweet lou

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • go deep or go home.
« Reply #10 on: Mar 15, 2016, 06:18 AM »
Stay in touch I hope the water isn't flood stage like last year.
Def. won't be snow melt.

Offline FishGuy603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Togue1
« Reply #11 on: Mar 15, 2016, 09:14 AM »
That's too bad sweet Lou, hopefully you will do better in the spring. I'm hoping to go to lopstick cabins after the semesters done to fly fish the tailwater and first lake. Tight lines!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.