Author Topic: Great, First Shanty Gathering  (Read 3260 times)

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
Great, First Shanty Gathering
« on: Mar 12, 2016, 05:34 PM »
Just wanted to thank all those helped put this great get together on, especially NHTF! Also, thanks to all those who donated, setup, and cooked. This was my first Shanty gathering and certainly wont be my last. It was great to get a chance to put some faces to names. I even got to get a little fishin in with some members of the Circus.
What a great end to the season..........Till next year
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Great, First Shanty Gathering
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2016, 05:44 PM »
X2
Was good to meet several of you...now onto spring fishing!
Take care!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2016, 05:53 PM »
X2
Was good to meet several of you...now onto spring fishing!
Take care!

X3
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2016, 06:00 PM »

Was a great day! I still can't believe my son had the first winning ticket for the shack frame.... What are the odds!

Thanks to all involved, all that were able to make it, and especially Keith!

Next year will be a better season for sure, it has to be.

Jimmy
that is thinking with your dipstick......jimmy

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2016, 06:07 PM »
Great to see everyone. ..next year I'll bring a display on the process of how I make my plugs...I'm going to work on some trout sized baits for next season...
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline Rando5512

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather go fishin'!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2016, 06:22 PM »
Agreed. Great day. Also my first get together. Was awesome to meet some new people and talk fishing.

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Our Winter Home on the Lake.
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2016, 06:43 PM »
Excellent Gathering! Great people and food, weather & prizes. Kudos to Keith and to all who donated and help pull it off. Looking forward to the pictures.

Offline justatrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2016, 07:01 PM »
great gathering today weather was great food was great . Nice to meet new people who came and to others who I have met and happy to see again . Keith does a super job  making this a successful event . thanks to all that brought things to help with more things for the raffle . Enjoy the spring , summer and fall fishing . hope to see you guys on fish finder

Offline FishGuy603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Togue1
« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2016, 07:32 PM »
I agree, this get-together worth the 1 1/2 hr drive. A big s/o to Kevin for giving me a bucktail jig that he won because I showed up too late to buy tickets.

Offline Bigtoe27

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Mar 12, 2016, 07:34 PM »
It was my first gathering as well. So glad to finally get to one and meet some members! What a great job Keith does putting this together. Weather was awesome, and some great prizes too. We will definitely be making it to this event next year.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 12, 2016, 08:13 PM »
Definitely a good day. Thanks for putting the event on Keith. It was good to meet some shanty members in person instead of PM's. Looking forward to better ice next season.
Salmonemia

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 13, 2016, 05:45 AM »
Well, admittedly my main incentive to go was to catch up with Stephanie as she's been AWOL this season.  ;)
That being said, I echo all the above thoughts.
Huge kudos to Keith, Jimmy Rig, Roccus, AJ, Jiggin and the grill guy for all their time and efforts, not to mention the other folks that contributed.

Always great to put faces on handles!

I did quickly notice that when you put a bunch of anglers together, the old truism of "all fishermen are born honest but change" is true!  ;D   

Offline NH piker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm tracker2011 on MFF
« Reply #12 on: Mar 13, 2016, 07:43 AM »
I want to give a big shout out to all the people who made this gathering possible.  This was my first one to attend and it was great to meet some of the people who I talk to on this website.  I didn't get to chat with as many as I would of liked but it was a great day and best of all I did win a real nice new jig pole set up.  With the ice going/gone I guess its time to get serious for open water.  Although a very short season it was a good one.

Offline BarringtonBrad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • either on the ice or wishing I was
« Reply #13 on: Mar 13, 2016, 07:46 AM »
Had a blast nice to meet everyone!
Tight lines!!

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 13, 2016, 08:54 AM »
I enjoyed meeting everyone and catching up with others I've met in the past. congrats to laker taker and his new house his brother won. now you can have a bunk house and try to catch more lakers than me!

Offline BarringtonBrad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • either on the ice or wishing I was
« Reply #15 on: Mar 13, 2016, 09:12 AM »
I enjoyed meeting everyone and catching up with others I've met in the past. congrats to laker taker and his new house his brother won. now you can have a bunk house and try to catch more lakers than me!

Thanks for all the info WG enjoyed picking your brain lol you clearly live for fishing I can appreciate that
Tight lines!!

Offline lawnguyjack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Masshole
« Reply #16 on: Mar 13, 2016, 09:25 AM »
Yesterday was certainly a great event. Thank you to all involved. I always look forward to this party. Great meeting some bew faces and catching up with others!
Newfound (Circus)

Offline Altonbayicefishingfool

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Mar 13, 2016, 09:54 AM »
Thanks NHTF for putting all the time and effort into this event! All the food was awesome, especially the steak tips!!
Is was great meeting new people, this was my first year going and look forward to next year!
Life is good!

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Mar 13, 2016, 10:12 AM »
Maybe next year we can make up some stickers to slap on a hat or jacket to "identify" those in attendance...I'll be the first to admit it was a little awkward walking up to complete "strangers" and saying "Hi! Who are you?"   :o

Maybe some wouldn't care to do this under the guise of anonymity or to avoid incarceration ;) JK, but I would have liked to be able to know the ISID of folks...anyone else?

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Mar 13, 2016, 12:54 PM »
Maybe next year we can make up some stickers to slap on a hat or jacket to "identify" those in attendance...I'll be the first to admit it was a little awkward walking up to complete "strangers" and saying "Hi! Who are you?"   :o

Maybe some wouldn't care to do this under the guise of anonymity or to avoid incarceration ;) JK, but I would have liked to be able to know the ISID of folks...anyone else?

Funny thing is Someone thought of that last Year and brought the " Hi My Name Is" stickers. I Actually Had them with Me Yesterday sitting right next to the Raffle gear. No one seemed to notice them and things get so busy once lunch and the raffles get going that they never got used  Lol

Good idea for next year and I'll make it a point to ask people to wear them.

Thank You Again to All those Who made it. For those that didn't... Ask people who went what they thought? Maybe try to make it a point to plan for next year?

I Always have tried to hold the event on the first Saturday of March every year. This way a majority of the derbies are done and there's usually still plenty of ice left. This year was obviously a very odd year. & I decided to push it back a week because so many of the other derbies/events were postponed also. Tentatively. Everyone should plan on the Next Get Together for Saturday March 4th 2017.

Thank You all Again

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Mar 13, 2016, 09:07 PM »

Thanks for all the info WG enjoyed picking your brain lol you clearly live for fishing I can appreciate that
it's all good man. it's great to have knowledge but even better to pass it on

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #21 on: Mar 13, 2016, 09:19 PM »

Nice to hear I wasnt the only one who thought it a bit awkward to just go up to people and ask who they were. I did to some and got to meet some great people. But there apparently were many that were there, that I never even met or talked to because I didnt have any idea who they were. I have alot of respect for you longtime members that all know each other and would someday hope to gain that same sort of friendship with many of you.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Mar 13, 2016, 09:58 PM »
Thank you!

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Mar 14, 2016, 06:45 AM »
Funny thing is Someone thought of that last Year and brought the " Hi My Name Is" stickers. I Actually Had them with Me Yesterday sitting right next to the Raffle gear. No one seemed to notice them and things get so busy once lunch and the raffles get going that they never got used  Lol

Good idea for next year and I'll make it a point to ask people to wear them.

Thank You Again to All those Who made it. For those that didn't... Ask people who went what they thought? Maybe try to make it a point to plan for next year?

I Always have tried to hold the event on the first Saturday of March every year. This way a majority of the derbies are done and there's usually still plenty of ice left. This year was obviously a very odd year. & I decided to push it back a week because so many of the other derbies/events were postponed also. Tentatively. Everyone should plan on the Next Get Together for Saturday March 4th 2017.

Thank You all Again

I brought those last year and Guinea went around tagging people. A few didn't want to be tagged but she told them "No Tag - No Food - No Raffle". Sounds like you guys had a great time wish I could have been there. The reschedule did me in. When I get my 2017 (wow I can't believe it is 2017) calendar it will be the first date that I will mark.

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Our Winter Home on the Lake.
« Reply #24 on: Mar 14, 2016, 06:49 AM »
Nice to hear I wasnt the only one who thought it a bit awkward to just go up to people and ask who they were. I did to some and got to meet some great people. But there apparently were many that were there, that I never even met or talked to because I didnt have any idea who they were. I have alot of respect for you longtime members that all know each other and would someday hope to gain that same sort of friendship with many of you.
I have been to a few and they seem to get better and better and more new faces, but unfortunately my memory seems to get worse and worse. Name tags are good,
now what was I talking about...?

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #25 on: Mar 14, 2016, 07:00 AM »
Name tags area a great idea, there are so many folks i wanted to meet and chat with that later i found out were there.

This is an event the Newfound Circus looks forward to.

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Mar 14, 2016, 08:31 AM »

I agree... great event and happy to make it when I can, but name tags would certainly add to it...

Thanks for putting it together Keith and to all the donated and supported it... much appreciated.

Dennis

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Mar 14, 2016, 09:41 AM »
Name tags area a great idea, there are so many folks i wanted to meet and chat with that later i found out were there.

This is an event the Newfound Circus looks forward to.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Mar 14, 2016, 11:05 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

but it's not complete.... it should say " My name is Jiggin and a I'm a fish-o-holic!"
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Mar 14, 2016, 11:13 AM »
but it's not complete.... it should say " My name is Jiggin and a I'm a fish-o-holic!"

It's an old one from last year that I didn't have time to update.  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.