The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: myfishfinder.com website  (Read 1160 times)

Offline slickice

• Team IceShanty Regular
myfishfinder.com website
« on: Mar 07, 2016, 09:29 PM »
Tried 6 times to link w/myfishfinder.com in order to get info on Montana lake/river updates/reports w/negative results.  Can any Montana Ice Shanty members verify the validity of this site.  Seems like it's nothing more than some distant NY scam that's struggling to mimic IceShanty.  Wassup?   

Offline Shakedown St.

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: myfishfinder.com website
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2016, 09:34 PM »
Definitely a valid site.  You are not the first I have heard of in having problems accessing it, but I have been lurking lately with this nice weather.  MFF has far less activity than IS though, if there were to be a negative about it.....

Offline slickice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2016, 09:54 PM »
So if I ever am able to access their site, will I be able to openly & freely obtain info on specific areas of Montana with interaction?  What is currently available to non-members is both ambiguous and worthless to any avid fisherman. What am I missing?

Offline Papa John

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2016, 10:22 PM »
http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?board=26.0

It's the real deal. There are some guys willing to help out or just tell you fish tales. There is not as much action or help available as Ice Shanty though. Ice guys are just more social, or so it seems.

Offline slickice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2016, 09:16 AM »
Registered last Saturday & immediately received an email confirming the registration which said I'd get a second email enabling me to post.  Never received the 2nd email and cannot post to the site.  Sent a follow up email to them w/no response.  Now that's frustrating.  Guess I'll load up the boat & head out for some "eyes" tomorrow, but I sure won't share any info to that site as to where I went & how I did.

Tinker

« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2016, 09:40 AM »
Well someone has to start giving some info if you are ever going to get any in return.  Yes it can be very frustrating on that site.  I personally have no problems giving general info, such as color, lure, depth, that kind of general info from a stranger at the lake has helped me many times turn a no fish trip into a good trip.  Just don't go bragging that you hammered them on X lake unless you are either wanting company or are lying about which lake you were on to get the crowds to go somewhere else  ;) 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.