Author Topic: short perch video from my last ice trip  (Read 1024 times)

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
short perch video from my last ice trip
« on: Mar 03, 2016, 11:35 PM »
https://youtu.be/GPMNQ6ZIh-U

i give a couple quick tips and catch a fish. enjoy!

Offline IDAHOAUGER

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: short perch video from my last ice trip
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2016, 03:07 PM »
Thanks for posting. What type/make portable shanty were you sitting in, in the video?
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.  ~Doug Larson

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2016, 02:10 AM »
that's actually the Kelty Cabana, which is a sun shelter normally used for beaches and ball games and such. it's basically half a dome tent and makes an AWESOME ice fishing windbreak providing you have ice anchors for it. i got mine pretty cheap on Amazon, and there are plenty of other styles and brands out there. the only downside i've found is that the chair i use is abnormally tall for a camp chair, so when i'm sitting in it i'm about 5 feet tall, but the Cabana is only 4.5 feet tall, so i had to sit on a small bucket that trip. i have other chairs that would work just fine though, and the floor is water-resistant, so in deeper snow you could theoretically plop down without a chair and be perfectly comfortable and dry.

Offline IDAHOAUGER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2016, 09:18 AM »
I like that!  What a great idea! I have been debating getting something to use as a "Ice-Shanty" short of buying an actual portable shanty made for ice-fishing.  They are just a bit too pricey for me all things considered but was wondering about alternate less expensive alternatives I can use like a hunting blind, tent, etc. Big reason is also for my kids to have a private place to do their business in a bucket if you know what I mean when we are out ice fishing all day.  I like it. Thanks.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.  ~Doug Larson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.