The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Does anyone think there will be fishable ice this weekend in SE MI  (Read 893 times)

Offline FilletofSoul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • if its brown its down
With the cold temps, does anyone think they might be able to fish any ponds with new ice? Wishful thinking perhaps, just wondering if anyone else is entertaining the idea.
But don't quote me on that. I have a drinking problem, I keep running out of beer. I've always been a little bit crazy, but its kept me from going insane.

Offline Jeff S

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish and a 40.
Not on new ice.  Ice that didn't let go  completely is probably only chance.
I've only seen a few lakes that didn't lose all their ice. Those that held some ice, might be only chance to be on it.
Lake Chemung in Brighton still had some ice.  I fished on ice few days ago but also was 15 feet from open water.
Be safe.
"Yes dear, I'll be in when fish stop biting"
How many have you got?
"None! They haven't started biting yet."

Offline BukHwt

• IceShanty Rookie
I hope so, I'm going to call some bait shops this afternoon and see if they've seen anyone going out lately. I'll update with any information I find.

I've only been out once this year on Whitmore Lake and I'd like to get back out there if there is any decent ice.

**Edit**

No one that I called had anything good to say. Going to go look at Lake Chemung this morning and if all else fails at least I'll have an excuse to get some fast food breakfast.

Offline FilletofSoul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • if its brown its down
I tried to access a couple lakes around the area, but shore was rotted from the snow. Seen some people standing on the ice between howell and brighton. I drilled in a pond and the ice was all honeycombed. Recreational passport just expired, so might get a ticket somewhere Sunday. Wasn't very impressed by the looks of things around here, but Im sure some people will be out tomorrow. I might go north to get away for a few and better ice, but who the hell knows.
But don't quote me on that. I have a drinking problem, I keep running out of beer. I've always been a little bit crazy, but its kept me from going insane.

Offline FilletofSoul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • if its brown its down
Theres quite a but of ice left in Fairhaven, caught lots of little perch.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.