Author Topic: Who Is Planning on Going to the Team NH Gathering March 12, 2016?  (Read 11341 times)

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey Guys.

Curious to see Who is Planning to Attend the Team NH Gathering on Saturday March 12, 2016? It is planned to be held at Wellington State Park on Newfound Lake by the boat launch.

The Gathering has become an annual event for us. This will/would be the 5th year running. Last year we had over 100 members attend!

The way this season has been going with warm weather and rough ice conditions there have been alot of cancellations. I wouldn't want this event to become one of them. However...

The way the weather has been and with the warmer temps forecasted... The access to the lake is deteriorated. You can access the lake on foot but NOT on ATV, snow machine, or truck. Jiggin has spoken to the local CO's and the gate to the park would be open for us that day for the event but who knows what ice conditions will be by then?

Usually some people will fish for awhile but generally most use it as a meet and great and Enjoy the free BBQ lunch and prize raffles.

Soooo.... Question is this? How Many People still plan to attend? I usually drop between $800- $1000 of my own money to fund the event. That money is spent on food and raffle prizes. I AM willing to have the Gathering as scheduled. BUT want to be sure people are STILL going to attend.

Please Post Here (Your Name and # of people attending) if You still plan on going. Jiggin has told me a majority of the Newfound Circus Members (approx 20) will be attending.

Thank You NHTF (Keith)

Offline BarringtonBrad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • either on the ice or wishing I was
I'll be there  ;D
Tight lines!!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
I will be attending
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline FishEnticer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Keith I won't be back from florida till April.  If I was in the area I would definitely  be there.  It's a great time.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 I'll be there ( with some of those coveted striper plugs)... if the ice conditions don't warrant fishing maybe some of us can get together and do   some basic seminars for those with questions...it's a celebration of friends.. we don't need to go onto the ice to have a good time.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Maybe I'll be there with a boat! Just kidding...never met anyone from IS yet so I'll be there as I am close by.

Offline lawnguyjack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Masshole
Ill be there +1
Newfound (Circus)

Offline Yachtzy

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'm from Mass., and I allowed to attend?

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Our Winter Home on the Lake.
Wouldn't miss it Keith, love seeing everyone again. Count me and the wife in. And thank you for all you do, we appreciate this effort and look forward to it every year. :bow:

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Keith I will be in Pittsburg that weekend with the wife and some buds fishing. Hate to miss it. I'm not sure if the fishing is a big deal. To not fish for one year shouldn't be a problem after all it is a gathering for people to meet each other.  Denny

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

Yes. All Ice Shanty Members are Welcome.

I posted this thread as somewhat of a roll call to see how many members still plan on going despite the weather conditions. This way I'll have a better idea as of what to expect as far as attendance so I know how much food to buy for the BBQ.

Again. Please Post Your name if You plan to attend.
Hope to See You all there.
Thank You.
NHTF

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm from Reading...you're welcome to leave your vehicle in my drive way and come up with me if you want..
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
Keith I won't be back from florida till April.  If I was in the area I would definitely  be there.  It's a great time.

There's John!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
I'll be there ( with some of those coveted striper plugs)... if the ice conditions don't warrant fishing maybe some of us can get together and do   some basic seminars for those with questions...it's a celebration of friends.. we don't need to go onto the ice to have a good time.

I agree

Offline Altonbayicefishingfool

• Team IceShanty Regular
I will be there.

Plus 1

Thanks ~Dave
Life is good!

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Sorry Keith, I cant make it. Have fun guys

Offline mosred

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bucktails
I'm in Keith!
Gone fishin, be back at dark-thirty!

Offline chasingflags

• Team IceShanty Regular
I will be there with my son.
gbp on myfishfinder

Offline FishSlayer20

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'm in !
I will miss my wife this winter, I'll see her in the spring!

Offline jmamos52

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'd like to attend as well, met a few of you guys introduced by Jiggin last year. I was hoping to spend more time with the group this season but too much going on with the move and the lousy season etc. didn't make it happen... next year for sure. However, I'm going to try to make the event. I'll know more in a week or so to be 100%. thanks for the heads up.

Offline gabe

• IceShanty Rookie
News from the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department
Phone: (603) 271-3211
Email: [email protected]
For information and online licenses, visit http://www.wildnh.com
______________________ __________________

Garret Graaskamp: (603) 271-1748
Jane Vachon: (603) 271-3211
February 25, 2016

Boat Ramp at Wellington State Park (Newfound Lake) Closure for Deicing Protection of Dock Pilings

BRISTOL, N.H. – Beginning early on Monday, February 29, the public boat access facility to Newfound Lake at Wellington State Park in Bristol, NH will be closed to accommodate deicing protection of the dock pilings at the ramp. The deicing process will create open water at the ramp so that snow machine, OHRV and pedestrian traffic will not be safe and will be prohibited.  Access to bob houses will not be available through this location.

The deicing procedure is preparation for a project this spring to upgrade the dock piling anchor system so that in future years deicing will not be necessary. The piling upgrade project will take about a month and is planned for a period in April and May with open water to accommodate the placement of a work barge.  During the project the ramp will be in the work area.  There will be no opportunity to launch or retrieve boats during this time period.

New Hampshire's Public Boat Access Program is funded through boat registration fees and federal Sport Fish and Wildlife Restoration funds.  Fish and Game's Facilities Construction and Lands Division acquires land for public water access sites, refurbishes existing sites and builds new public boat access areas.  For more information on boating access locations in NH visit www.wildnh.com/maps/boatfish/index.html.

Follow us on Twitter | Find us on Facebook | Pin It on Pinterest | Watch us on YouTube

Copyright 2015 New Hampshire Fish and Game Department. Guardian of the state's fish, wildlife and marine resources for 150 years.
For usage policy, visit http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/about/usage-policy.html
Comments or questions concerning this list should be directed to [email protected]

Offline Yachtzy

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'm from Reading...you're welcome to leave your vehicle in my drive way and come up with me if you want..

That's very nice of you Roccus, thank you!  I may have to drive up alone incase I have to leave early to be on time for dinner reservations,  it's my birthday. If not, I can pick you up also if you want to sit back and enjoy the ride. Thanks again.

Offline justatrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
Keith you already know I will be there , because we are going together  :cookoo:

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
News from the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department
Phone: (603) 271-3211
Email: [email protected]
For information and online licenses, visit http://www.wildnh.com

Garret Graaskamp: (603) 271-1748
Jane Vachon: (603) 271-3211
February 25, 2016

Boat Ramp at Wellington State Park (Newfound Lake) Closure for Deicing Protection of Dock Pilings

BRISTOL, N.H. – Beginning early on Monday, February 29, the public boat access facility to Newfound Lake at Wellington State Park in Bristol, NH will be closed to accommodate deicing protection of the dock pilings at the ramp. The deicing process will create open water at the ramp so that snow machine, OHRV and pedestrian traffic will not be safe and will be prohibited.  Access to bob houses will not be available through this location.

The deicing procedure is preparation for a project this spring to upgrade the dock piling anchor system so that in future years deicing will not be necessary. The piling upgrade project will take about a month and is planned for a period in April and May with open water to accommodate the placement of a work barge.  During the project the ramp will be in the work area.  There will be no opportunity to launch or retrieve boats during this time period.

New Hampshire's Public Boat Access Program is funded through boat registration fees and federal Sport Fish and Wildlife Restoration funds.  Fish and Game's Facilities Construction and Lands Division acquires land for public water access sites, refurbishes existing sites and builds new public boat access areas.  For more information on boating access locations in NH visit www.wildnh.com/maps/boatfish/index.html.

Follow us on Twitter | Find us on Facebook | Pin It on Pinterest | Watch us on YouTube

Copyright 2015 New Hampshire Fish and Game Department. Guardian of the state's fish, wildlife and marine resources for 150 years.
For usage policy, visit http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/about/usage-policy.html
Comments or questions concerning this list should be directed to [email protected]

If You read the entire thread and both the Get Together threads... I have Already stated that Jiggin (one of our regular/veteran members who lives in town) has spoken to the local Conservation officers and they will leave the gate open/unlocked for us on that day so that we can still hold the event.

Offline FishGuy603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Togue1
I am making the trip up! Hope to see y'all there! Tight lines :tipup:

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
If You read the entire thread and both the Get Together threads... I have Already stated that Jiggin (one of our regular/veteran members who lives in town) has spoken to the local Conservation officers and they will leave the gate open/unlocked for us on that day so that we can still hold the event.

No worries NHTF....I plan to follow up again later in the week and will update this thread.

Stay tuned.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
Keith you already know I will be there , because we are going together  :cookoo:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
I am planning on coming. Looking forward to it.

Jimmy
that is thinking with your dipstick......jimmy

Offline Cub

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Wish I could make it.. Have fun everyone!
Jig em up!

Offline FishEnticer

• Team IceShanty Addict
There's John!
Hi Frankie   Have a place down here in full renovation.  A couple weeks after the 2015 derby I came down till April.  This year I came down after thanksgiving.  No time to fish and there's plenty around the St Pete area, just working my butt off.  I've been following the post and want to congrats you guys for making the best of a not so cold winter.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.