Author Topic: Who Is Planning on Going to the Team NH Gathering March 12, 2016?  (Read 11345 times)

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Bring Your Appetite. Just "some" of the food for the BBQ

Over 30lbs of meat there.

A couple friends are also bringing a couple cases of Burgers and Hot Dogs as well.

Offline NH piker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm tracker2011 on MFF
If its not too late to add myself and Salmon Egg to the gathering we would like to add our names to the list.  I just learned that I have Sat. off from work so I am able to attend.  This will be our first time making it to the gathering and it will be nice to meet all the people who we talk to here on iceshanty.

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Our Winter Home on the Lake.
Keith, Big Jim and daughter will be attending again this year.

Offline Altonbayicefishingfool

• Team IceShanty Regular
Sorry for asking as I know I saw it somewhere.. What time is this going to get rolling?

Thanks!
Life is good!

Offline longbeardking

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Keith, I don't see that Ben has replied. He usually adds me to the list. If it's OK, Nan and I would like to be there.
Times have NOT changed. PEOPLE have!!!

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Keith, I don't see that Ben has replied. He usually adds me to the list. If it's OK, Nan and I would like to be there.

Not  problem Steve.  All Shanty Members are Welcome and ok to bring a friend or family. I initially posted the thread  asking for a general idea " show of hands" if you will to make sure people would still show with the lack of ice.

As far as ice on Newfound lately. I got reports today that you need to pick your spots to get on as the shorelines are going but there are a few Circus Members out fishing today on 5-8"

But this is the time of year where everyone needs to be cautious and check for themselves often as they go.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
BAD NEWS!!

The ice on Newfound is junk. We were able to get out on the ice at the canoe access however the shore line is open. Once you cross that, the rest of the ice is Black and there are Black patches all over.
Where the ice is Black, you can lay your chisel on the black patches and within 3 pushes will go through. Not punching with your chisel, just simply pushing it into the ice. I don't believe you can get onto any deep water, I didn't even bother trying.
It's honeycomb and garbage. We decided it wasn't even worth building a bridge to get onto the ice.

My recommendation is to stay off the ice.

Sorry for the bad news.

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict

Thanks for your efforts and the report Jiggin. Less stuff to load up now that's all.

Jimmy
that is thinking with your dipstick......jimmy

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
  Thanks for your efforts and the report Jiggin. Less stuff to load up now that's all.

Jimmy

What's the name of your company brother? I'll spread the word in good name
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
Heres the Striper Plugs custom made and Courtesy of Roccus,  :tipup:
(Image removed from quote.)

Gorgeous!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
Re: Who Is Planning on Going to the Team NH Gathering March 12, 2016?
« Reply #100 on: Mar 11, 2016, 05:27 PM »
What's the name of your company brother? I'll spread the word in good name

NFS....Northern Fabrication Solutions.

Jimmyrig does awesome work and easy to work with to your specs.

Looking forward to seeing you Jason.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #101 on: Mar 11, 2016, 05:31 PM »
Right on!

Offline longbeardking

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #102 on: Mar 11, 2016, 06:12 PM »

Jimmy

Jimmy,

Thank you for the report. I was hoping to fish, but as I always have told my son, some things are just out of your control.
Times have NOT changed. PEOPLE have!!!

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #103 on: Mar 11, 2016, 06:13 PM »
Thanks guys! Looking forward to seeing you guys as well. Jiggin, I hope you enjoyed the little bit you got to use your new shack this year.... Here's to a much better season next winter!

See you in the am... I am shooting for 9:30 arrival.

Jimmy
that is thinking with your dipstick......jimmy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #104 on: Mar 11, 2016, 07:31 PM »
I'll be up at the lake for 630am.

Jiggin says that the local C/O should unlock the gate to Wellington State Park around 730am.

Ive gotten several mixed reports in regards to Ice conditions. Some from people who were out fishing today on Newfound.
Obviously if You decided to go out. Use Great Caution & Check often as You Go.

Alot of people will be there just to socialize and talk fishing/hunting.

Everyone should plan on being over at the Boat Launch at Wellington for about Noon time for a BBQ Lunch with the Raffles soon to follow.

Looking forward to seeing everyone

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #105 on: Mar 11, 2016, 07:36 PM »
Thanks for the report Jiggin...I also  was hoping to  fish but...it is what it is. ..I'm already moving on....looking forward to tomorrow. ..should be a blast. .
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #106 on: Mar 11, 2016, 08:45 PM »
Bummer. Was hoping to get some last of the season fishin in. Oh well, Ill be up there early anyway. Tipups still in the truck, so maybe take a ride around and see if I can find a spot in 4-6 fow somewhere. See y'all tomorrow.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline Clams

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #107 on: Mar 12, 2016, 08:05 AM »
I won't be able to make it now, my car is leaking radiator fluid this morning and I've got to take care of it. Bummer.  :(

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #108 on: Mar 12, 2016, 08:33 AM »
I got one from Northern Fabrication for this season.  High quality, well built and good guys.  It was a short season, but fished is in the below zero weekend in total comfort.

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #109 on: Mar 12, 2016, 08:30 PM »
I want to say THANK YOU!!! to Everyone who came out today.

I've met alot of Great People and made some life long Friends through this site. Hopefully the Get Together allows many of You to do the same.

That's the reason why I put this Event together every year. I Really Enjoy watching You all have a Good time. Makes it all worthwhile for Me.

I Also want to Thank Everyone who pitched in and donated some of the food and Raffle Items. It all helps the Event be that much better for Everyone! Also a Huge Shout Out to NH Trout Freak for Bustin A** not the Grill. Food tasted Great

Here's a few pics from today.

I Never Got an exact count but I think we were in the ball park of about 80-85 people this year. Not Everyone was in the group photo as a few showed a little later.

Portable Bob House Winners.

Grand Prize Winner of a 6x8 Aluminum Welded Bob House Frame Generously Donated By Northern Fabrication Solutions. Thanks Again to Jason & Todd!

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #110 on: Mar 13, 2016, 07:38 AM »
Just want to say thanks to NH Trout Fisherman for putting on a nice gathering . My wife & I made the trip to N.H. we meet some
very nice people... A special thanks to lawnguyjack & his son jake.. we met them the day before at the state park. we both rolled in at the same time to check the ice and Jack saw my N.Y. plates and said "hey are you deweyicefish?" surprised a few people that we made the trip. so glad we did. met and fished with some of the Newfound Lake Circus..... had a great day and hope to come and fish NH again next year.... thanks again to everyone and stay on top....
images.jpeg

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #111 on: Mar 13, 2016, 09:02 AM »
Just want to say thanks to NH Trout Fisherman for putting on a nice gathering . My wife & I made the trip to N.H. we meet some
very nice people... A special thanks to lawnguyjack & his son jake.. we met them the day before at the state park. we both rolled in at the same time to check the ice and Jack saw my N.Y. plates and said "hey are you deweyicefish?" surprised a few people that we made the trip. so glad we did. met and fished with some of the Newfound Lake Circus..... had a great day and hope to come and fish NH again next year.... thanks again to everyone and stay on top....
It was great to meet you Dewey. And you were lucky enough to catch a NH laker while were here.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline lawnguyjack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Masshole
« Reply #112 on: Mar 13, 2016, 09:22 AM »
Deweyicefish, it was great to meet you and your wife. I'm glad you two made the trip out. Also, glad to see you get that nice laker! Come back anytime!
Newfound (Circus)

Offline JRFlatlander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #113 on: Mar 14, 2016, 07:46 PM »
Great job Keith organizing this fine event ! Thanks for all your time and efforts. You do a hell of a job Great turn out. Any idea on a head count ?Congrats to all the winners of the raffle prizes. NFS you guys do some great work. I enjoyed checking it out close up. That set up is the balls. I spent a few hours thinking what I could do with it on the way up there. Couldn't believe I could pick it up with one hand effortlessly. Roccus plugs are  works of art for sure.  When you hold one you can really tell  there are so many hours into it.    Thanks to everyone that donate stuff.   Nice meeting some new people and some oldies . 

Birds eye view of Frogs fishing seminar

[

Mama Says happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you're feeling blue.......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.