Author Topic: Talk to you all next Dec.  (Read 803 times)

Offline Global Warming in CT

• Team IceShanty Regular
Talk to you all next Dec.
« on: Feb 27, 2016, 08:44 AM »
As I get my open water gear ready, I just wanted to say peace out to everyone on the CT board. Lots of good people who are willing to share info on ice, tactics, access spots, and everything else that makes for successful days on the ice. Of course there's always a rotten egg in every dozen, but most of you seem like great people with a lot of know-how. I joined this site a few years back just looking to get ice conditions, but I've learned a lot more than I thought I would from reading a lot of your posts. As a result of your posts, I've pulled more big fish of different species through the ice than I could've imagined. I've gone from getting out on the ice mostly to drink beer to getting out on the ice to catch trophies (although I usually still mix in some beers haha).
A weird season for sure, but I got out more than I thought I would and took some great trips up north. It seems like the warm weather didn't stop many of you diehards either.  Have a great off season, and good luck to everyone in open water and salt water. I'm off to take some casts in the john boat!

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Talk to you all next Dec.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2016, 08:52 AM »
Well, as sad as I am to admit it, the ice season looks to be at an end for us in CT. Should you make a last trip this weekend in CT, please be careful.

If you're into open water fishing take a look at MyFishFinder, we had fun last summer. Hope to see you over there.

http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fishon and often. Leave no trace.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2016, 02:02 PM »
Fished every Saturday and Sunday since 1/9, all in CT.  A lot of people thought I was crazy and that I would fall in.  I will walk on top of the ice for the final trip of the season tomorrow morning.  Just now sure where yet, but it will be in CT. Tight lines.
If you can't play nice, get off the ice!

Offline Global Warming in CT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2016, 03:41 PM »
In unrelated news, I got skunked today in the john boat!

Offline Icicle1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2016, 06:58 AM »
Wader time boys.
Is it sometimes a fish being caught or you?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.