The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Frabill aegis 2250 anyone  (Read 1707 times)

Offline sickchopperaltitude

• IceShanty Rookie
Frabill aegis 2250 anyone
« on: Feb 26, 2016, 01:46 PM »
I bought a frabill predator 4255 sidestep insulated model this year.  Nice shelter, thing is just too darn big to hole hop with....obviously.  Anyway, was wondering if anyone has owned frabill aegis 2250 or something similar.  I personally like frabill.  This is for my son and I so I need two seats. 

The other option I'm considering is taking just a sled along also to holehop with and find the fish b4 i set up.  I dunno I haven't fished the ice much b4  but all I want to do is sit in my shelter and fish now.  Another option is a tow bar and 4 wheeler but the ice in southern wyoming is short lived at best.

I'm sure I will hear alot of different experiences on here and am looking forward to some good conversation.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Frabill aegis 2250 anyone
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2016, 04:42 PM »
I'll normally drag a flip shelter along with my gear piled into it and the auger laying across the top. This allows me to hole hop actively and if I find a hot spot or want to stick around and the weather isn't as nice as I'd like it to be, I flop it over. Another option is a lightweight popup, I've seen some and fished out of some really roomy and nice ones this season. Best of luck with whatever you do!  :tipup:

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2016, 09:24 PM »
Was just wondering if someone had some input on some sort of a two person shelter around 80 lbs of weight vs my predator that is 135.  In 6 inches of snow the predator is an anchor.  Flip style is probably out of the question because I need room for two of us right now.  Anyways how do the sled shelters around 80 lbs pull in some snow covered ice? (With all your gear also of course)

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2016, 11:30 AM »
Let me rephrase that.  A quick flip style is out of the question because I need room for 2 of us.  The predator, aegis etc. etc. are not quick flips to me because you have to set up wind support poles and extend the bars what not what not.  Hub style is a big maybe.  I really like the predator/tub style just not the size.  There isn't a whole lot of unpacking involved.  I may just try dragging a bare sled along with everything else to throw the fish finder and auger in to take off with at first.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.