Author Topic: Polar Bird Lifetime warranty on poles!  (Read 1088 times)

Offline PolarBird

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Polar Bird Lifetime warranty on poles!
« on: Feb 25, 2016, 11:30 PM »
&authuser=0

What do you guys think?
The Polar Bird Team

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired AF,Nam Vet, VFW life member, Wis. Native
Re: Polar Bird Lifetime warranty on poles!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2016, 12:07 AM »
Wow I need to check one of those bad boys out.  :o

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2016, 09:24 PM »
Very interesting indeed but I'd really like to see if that challenge lives up in the real world and real applications when it is 20, 30, even 40 below zero not a 70 degree controlled environment. Just curious!

Offline PolarBird

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 29, 2016, 12:57 AM »
Wow I need to check one of those bad boys out.  :o

Definitely!   ;D

Very interesting indeed but I'd really like to see if that challenge lives up in the real world and real applications when it is 20, 30, even 40 below zero not a 70 degree controlled environment. Just curious!

We are discussing doing a video sometime of real world abuse in the temps we fish in.   ;)  Thank you for sharing!
The Polar Bird Team

Offline hooknhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 29, 2016, 01:50 PM »
I've never broken a rod in my shelter.  I don't know anyone who has.  The problem I've seen with shelters is the fabric and the pockets where the rods set into the fabric and the grommets for the anchors. 

An unbreakable rod is cool, no doubt, but that is not the weakness of the shelters I've been around. 

Show me a shelter where the rod pockets and corners don't tear out and the anchor grommets will last more than 1 season.  That's what I want to see.

Looks like a really nice shelter, though. 

Offline PolarBird

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2016, 02:15 AM »
I've never broken a rod in my shelter.  I don't know anyone who has.  The problem I've seen with shelters is the fabric and the pockets where the rods set into the fabric and the grommets for the anchors. 

An unbreakable rod is cool, no doubt, but that is not the weakness of the shelters I've been around. 

Show me a shelter where the rod pockets and corners don't tear out and the anchor grommets will last more than 1 season.  That's what I want to see.

Looks like a really nice shelter, though.

Quite a few of the competitors models have had issues with broken poles and hubs.  The poles and hubs are the infrastructure of the shelter, so we beefed those up.  As for the corner stitching, we double stitch all our corners and try not to stitch if its not necessary.  This adds to the structural integrity of the fabric and eliminates areas for seepage and tearing.  Our shelters are built very tough and we stand behind our products.   ;D
The Polar Bird Team

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.