Author Topic: High Uinta Adventure anyone?  (Read 880 times)

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
High Uinta Adventure anyone?
« on: Feb 23, 2016, 10:04 AM »
Since the High Uinta lakes (Trial, Washington, Lilly, Lost, Mirror, etc.) are usually the first to freeze and the last to thaw, they are excellent candidates for early and late season ice fishing.  And yet, except for a couple of very early season reports on them, they are pretty much left alone.

I’m wondering if we might be able to put together a small group of folks that own snowmobiles and make an adventure up there via Hwy 150 out of Kamas.  I would love to do this sometime in March, but due to the long ride in and out (about 15 miles one way) and the always present danger of mechanical failure on snowmobiles, I would want to go with a group of at least 5 machines.  Ten machines would be even better.  That way, if a machine did break, nobody would be stranded.

So what say you?  If you own a snowmobile and enjoy ice fishing, would you be interested in getting together with like-minded folks and go fish the High Uintas?
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: High Uinta Adventure anyone?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2016, 08:52 PM »
Sounds like a good time Bob. Wish i could do it but his year its just not going to happen for me. I believe there will be a few talking with you about it at the GTG if your still in for the venue change
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2016, 11:48 AM »
Due to other commitments, I only have one weekend (Saturday) that will work for me.  That would be Saturday, March 12, 2016.  So there you have it folks.

We can plan to meet for breakfast in the Park City or Kamas area and go in from the Kamas area unless somebody knows for sure that going in from Evanston would be a shorter ride to the lakes listed.  If that were the case we could meet in Evanston instead.

If you can make it that Saturday, let me know here.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2016, 11:45 AM »
Really?  Nobody is interested in making this trip?  I need 4 other snowmobilers to commit by this Sunday (Mar 6) or the trip is off.  Come on folks, give it a shot.
Bob Hicks, from Utah

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jul 25, 2016, 11:58 PM »
 Plan another one this year Bob and count me in.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.