Author Topic: It was a fun, but short season.  (Read 1082 times)

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
It was a fun, but short season.
« on: Feb 20, 2016, 01:09 PM »
Mother Nature has been very unkind to us this season and for many of us in the midwest, it's pretty much over but we just have to keep on looking forward and hope that next season brings us a colder season to make up for this one... usually I'm on the ice by the beginning of January and end it at the middle of March, but instead have it be just a little over a month of ice fishing. This season, though as bad as it is will never top how bad the 2012 one was and I'm just looking at the positives this season brought me... new friends, new lakes I tried out and new species of fish that I never caught. So even if this season ended early for me, I'm just happy that it ended with so many accomplishments in my ice fishing life. Until next season fellas!  :icefish:
Be who you are and don't listen to others that say you shouldn't. That's how life should be lived as.

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: It was a fun, but short season.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2016, 01:58 PM »
This afternoon is possibly my last time out. Going to see what she looks like and play it as safe as I can. Seen lots of people fishing on sand lake deep lake and cedar lake on my way back to the house. Hoping i can weasel out just one more time.

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2016, 02:13 PM »
This afternoon is possibly my last time out. Going to see what she looks like and play it as safe as I can. Seen lots of people fishing on sand lake deep lake and cedar lake on my way back to the house. Hoping i can weasel out just one more time.

Stay safe man, have some picks or a spud bar at the hand
Be who you are and don't listen to others that say you shouldn't. That's how life should be lived as.

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2016, 02:14 PM »
Tough season for sure. The mild winter along with being in school only allowed for 4 trips. Luckily 2 of them were with my grandpa and I was able to teach him how to ice fish as he never has before, and we were able to share some comical moments that I am grateful for. Looking forward to some spring fishing though!

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2016, 06:53 PM »
Stay safe man, have some picks or a spud bar at the hand
For sure. Brought a rope with as well. We also got off the ice while it was still light enough to see well. All we got today was catfish. Still over 10" of ice and the shore was good. With the cold nights coming it may actually be alright for a little while yet on some lakes if caution is exercised. If not its time to switch to lake michigan shore fishing. Im not about to push my luck too far but i am not going to hang it up if there is fishable ice. We shall see.

Offline toadhunter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2016, 08:26 PM »
Ya it was a fast season it's hard to believe in the middle of December I had my new bass boat out on the fox chain and a few weeks later I was on the ice and now not even 2 months later and I may be packing up the ice gear and pulling my Phoenix back out man to short to short
early mornings,cold north winds,hard ice,good friends and cold high life..FLAG UP!.priceless

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.