Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1685777 times)

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #1170 on: May 03, 2017, 07:01 AM »
not ice fishing but scored some Berkley power bait from Dick's. was on sale 4 jars for $10 plus a $10 mail in rebate. net cost for the 4 jars - FREE

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1171 on: May 03, 2017, 09:17 AM »
Been picking up odds and ends at Cabelas bargain cave.  Clam Drill plate marked to $44 was blue tagged to half off. $22.   I didn't read the tag that said parts missing.  LOL, they got last laugh, maybe.  It doesn't have the shaft that sticks through the plate.  Everything else is there.  I have my Nils orange buried in my shanty up on the ceiling of my garage so i cannot check it but it looks like the Nils shaft will go through the hole and fit snug with the bearing.  If not a friend will mill something for me, might cost a 12 pack.  I didn't really want a drill plate (at least for $60.)  But decided it might be nice to keep my Milwaukee drill out of the snow when it sits.

Also on a different trip I picked up a Clam small LED Light bar for $20.   Will fit perfect in my Nanook.  All kinds of jigs and what not but i have plenty of them.

Could always get the new and improved Clam Gear Box...that'll get you an input shaft to attach your drill and give you an 8 inch option .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1172 on: May 03, 2017, 10:08 AM »
LOL, they got last laugh, maybe.  It doesn't have the shaft that sticks through the plate.

That's probably the clam plate that my replacement shaft for the one pictured below came from!  :roflmao: :whistle: :woot:

Seriously, all you have to do is ask one of the guys on here who ordered the gearbox for their original shaft.  The gear boxes all came with an integrated shaft.  I'm sure someone will oblige.

DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1173 on: May 05, 2017, 06:00 AM »
Good idea.   Thanks guys.  And now is the time of year to find a gearbox sitting on clearance prices.
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1174 on: May 05, 2017, 11:11 AM »
Public Service Announcement.  So during my daily deal-hunting ritual this am., I come to find that Overton's online store is now completely devoid of fishing items.  Wow, that was fast.  No rods, no reels, no lures, no nothing.  All gone.  Overnight.

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1175 on: May 05, 2017, 06:54 PM »
Thank you for the PSA Deal Ninja. I'm guessing it is related to the Gander Mountain bankruptcy.
Steve

Offline Dustr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1176 on: May 05, 2017, 09:49 PM »
Go to that big auction site in fishing/vintage/lures and type in the word  sound  . You will see the sound reflex lures from Sweden. It's an attracting lure 7/8 inches long and 1.4gr that can be worked very slowly and subtly to produce a fluid waving of the wings and clicking sound. The wings have a curve to them that makes them catch water and move at the slightest movement. Add a couple size 0 split rings and a 3-5 inch leader below it. It's a winner.

Offline Dustr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1177 on: May 05, 2017, 10:04 PM »
If 1.4gr is too light, then find those sound reflex lures and search for   myrpirk   under the sellers other listings. Think of the old Ronnie Bird lures. He will sell them individually if asked to do so. Good fishing for every one next season.  :)

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #1178 on: May 15, 2017, 08:27 PM »
30% off ice fishing gear at gander. that makes the lx7 524$ for those thinking about one. some of the gear is on sale plus the 30% off.

i found a lazer 6" auger mis-marked for 59.95 (priced for the blue mora augers). with 30% off made it 41.95. one of the managers was trying to tell me she couldn't mark it down because she scanned it and thier pos said it supposed to be 99.95.
lots of ice rods and combos out and many are on sale with the extra 30% off is a great deal. they are bringing out jigs and plastics and such soon they said.

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1179 on: May 17, 2017, 10:46 PM »
At first I heard the liquidation sale was only going to last 20 days. last Sunday while at a store in ohio several employees there told me 20 weeks for inventory liquidation. Store  was busy but seemed like most purchases were small stuff. If the 20 weeks is true it will be awhile for real deals to be had.

Watch the final discount real close when checking. I opted not to buy quite a bit of stuff. All electronics is 10% off but the accessories in marine dept although under 20% off header were still only 10 % . The register clerk told me the cash register is the final judge. Regardless where it was displayed or what the banner said.

My original intent to purchase @ 250 dollars  or so. Soon shrank to a mere 70 after the cash register decided too much against me. Wished when they had liquidations like this. They could make it a simple format. The charts they post at the various sales islands mean nothing if you think you getting a 30 % discount. When the final discount the register says nope 10 %. Doesn't anyone operate in a straight forward and truthful manner in this day and age ?
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1180 on: May 24, 2017, 08:33 AM »
Anyone looking for a bargain on "Show Demo" (Aqua View, Garmin, Humminbird, Lowrance, Marcum, Vexilar) electronics.  Head to Reeds here:  https://www.reedssports.com/info/demo-electronics-sale

All units carry a full factory warranty.  There are some really good buys on both ice and open water units.  These will go fast once the word gets out.  If you see something(s) you want, Call asap!

DN

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1181 on: Jun 05, 2017, 06:53 AM »
Pflueger President Spinning Reel 6920X - $37.04  This is a good buy.  Most of the other sizes are discounted as well, but this and the 6925X ($41.80 - also a good buy) are the most popular ice reels.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005OU1BOK/ref=twister_dp_update?_encoding=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

Happy deal hunting,

DN

Offline Caseman2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1182 on: Jun 06, 2017, 04:52 AM »
Go to that big auction site in fishing/vintage/lures and type in the word  sound  . You will see the sound reflex lures from Sweden. It's an attracting lure 7/8 inches long and 1.4gr that can be worked very slowly and subtly to produce a fluid waving of the wings and clicking sound. The wings have a curve to them that makes them catch water and move at the slightest movement. Add a couple size 0 split rings and a 3-5 inch leader below it. It's a winner.

I jumped on this. Looks awesome. I can't find anything on them from the little I searched.

Good find thanks!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1183 on: Jun 06, 2017, 12:45 PM »
Might be getting time to check out the Gander Mountain stores that are doing the liquidation sales, At my store half a dozen Otter XL Pro Cabins showed up $849 with 40% off.
Bud

Offline Caseman2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1184 on: Jun 06, 2017, 07:34 PM »
I'm wausau Wisconsin. They have a rt-9 at my gander for 40% off. But it's an open box.. This was a few days ago.

I am holding out for a better % on a hub. Shelter that I don't need..

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1185 on: Jun 08, 2017, 09:44 AM »
Aqua Vu Micro w/DVR ....use code DAD17...50% off...this code may work for all of aqua Vu products.

http://www.aquavu.com/Products/Aqua-Vu-Viewing-Systems/AVMicroPlusDVR
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1186 on: Jun 09, 2017, 08:27 AM »
Since this thread and Deal Ninjas website? is the main way I have been finding out about great sales this past winter figured I 'd help out with another ice rod deal, instead of posting it to a FB ice fishing group.  :P
13 Fishing Wicked Rods crazy deal on amazon right now. Get em while they last, I picked up 2 combos.

26" ML wicked combo $17:
https://www.amazon.com/13-Fishing-Wicked-Medium-Light/dp/B01L1Z5UO8/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1497014351&sr=8-8&keywords=13+fishing+wicked+ice+rod
25" L wicked rod $19:
https://www.amazon.com/13-Fishing-Light-Wicked-Right/dp/B009SQ51Y2/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1497014351&sr=8-7&keywords=13+fishing+wicked+ice+rod
24" UL wicked rod $19:
https://www.amazon.com/13-Fishing-Ultra-Light-Wicked/dp/B009SQ5412/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1497014351&sr=8-11&keywords=13+fishing+wicked+ice+rod

Offline Cfilbert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1187 on: Jun 09, 2017, 10:13 AM »
Aqua Vu Micro w/DVR ....use code DAD17...50% off...this code may work for all of aqua Vu products.

http://www.aquavu.com/Products/Aqua-Vu-Viewing-Systems/AVMicroPlusDVR

Just picked one of these up.  Also you get the Carrying case and 12 Volt Charger for free through the websites Rebate.
Is the ice thick enough yet?

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #1188 on: Jun 09, 2017, 10:22 AM »
Since this thread and Deal Ninjas website? is the main way I have been finding out about great sales this past winter figured I 'd help out with another ice rod deal, instead of posting it to a FB ice fishing group.  :P
13 Fishing Wicked Rods crazy deal on amazon right now. Get em while they last, I picked up 2 combos.
thanks for the share!

10$ off of 30$ is good.
these are the discontinued version, but i like them better than their newer version and are my main rod. it's very hard to find them in a 19 inch ul or 20 inch sul on sale.

the new versions are black and white grip.
here's one on sale
https://www.amazon.com/13-Fishing-Wicked-Medium-Heavy/dp/B01L1Z5OJY/ref=sr_1_34?srs=8453273011&ie=UTF8&qid=1497021937&sr=8-34

could you pm me Deal Ninjas website?

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1189 on: Jun 09, 2017, 10:26 AM »
New from Aqua Vu .....Those looking to update/record/ view wirelessly for their underwater camera ...works on any make/model underwater camera with an RCA video out jack 

Introductory offer $99 ...from MSRP $149

http://www.aquavu.com/Products/Aqua-Vu-New-Underwater-Cameras/AVCONNECT

Offline Joe Henry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1190 on: Jun 09, 2017, 07:53 PM »
Amazon has the Eskimo HC40 8" Propane Auger for $338 bucks right now....thats a really good price.

Offline Bubbadoyle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1191 on: Jun 09, 2017, 10:32 PM »
I'm wausau Wisconsin. They have a rt-9 at my gander for 40% off. But it's an open box.. This was a few days ago.

I am holding out for a better % on a hub. Shelter that I don't need..
I just picked up the rt9 in Madison at gander for 40% off. All ice fishing stuff 40% off.

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1192 on: Jun 13, 2017, 11:56 AM »
Not as big of a Clam guy as I used to be, but just thought I would pass a bit of info along from their FB page...
...online sale begins this Friday (6-16) and lasts until the following Friday (6-23). Up to 90% off on certain items (sale does not include fish houses)
Apparently they ARE NOT going to do their annual warehouse "Clam Garage Sale", instead, they are doing it online this year making it available to the general public rather than only the people who show up at their warehouse!

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #1193 on: Jun 13, 2017, 12:55 PM »
just bought a bunch of new old stock Tecumseh parts off a guy.enough to fill up half my town and country van seats down,hope there some carb kits in the lot for Tecumseh powered augers.some are from the70s,couldnt resist at the price of $250 for over 400 boxes of engine parts!i see mufflers,cam shafts,fly wheels,gas tanks,pistons,ring sets,valves,points,recoil parts,carbs and rebuild kits.going to take me awhile to inventory and sell these but the profit is going to be huge..has 4 electric start units for snowblowers new in box.garage sale score!wouldnt of bought them but Tecumseh brand oem parts will get scarce sooner or later.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1194 on: Jun 13, 2017, 02:50 PM »
the Dr. can handle it good job

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1195 on: Jun 14, 2017, 01:09 PM »
Since this thread and Deal Ninjas website? is the main way I have been finding out about great sales this past winter figured I 'd help out with another ice rod deal, instead of posting it to a FB ice fishinggroup.:P

Just saw this ^^^.  If you are referring to the Ice Fishing Deals dot com website, that is not my site.  I do pass on deals that I find to them, that's why you see me mentioned there occasionally.  Other than sharing a friendly deal hunting hobby with them, I am not affiliated with them at all.  The owner of that site does receive some renumeration from purchases on websites that his site directs traffic to.  My deal hunting is strictly for fun and the challenge, and to share great deals I find with my fellow ice fishing enthusiasts.  If I find a great deal, I will always post on Ice Shanty first, especially Amazon deals, where one purchase can immediately blow up the deal.  I just wanted to clarify this so there is no confusion.

I scan roughly twenty websites daily from Amazon to Thorne Bros. and everything in between for deals.  There are tricks you develop over time to quickly search and ferret out deals.  I generally only post ice fishing deals in this site/thread because, well, it's an ice fishing site.  If you have a fishing item in particular you're looking for, even if not ice-fishing related,  I would be more than happy to keep my eyes peeled for you.  Just pm me the VERY specific item(s) you're looking for a deal on, and I'll pm you back if I see something that might interest you.

I wouldn't normally post this in Ice Shanty, but since it's always slow this time of year, hopefully no one will mind...  Right now Glen's Army/Navy   http://www.glensoutdoors.com/fishing/rods/spinning-rods?manufacturer=Fenwick   is having a big sale, but in particular, the higher-end Abu Garcia and Fenwick rods.  Both casting and spinning rods are priced to sell.  Generally speaking, the more expensive the rod, the higher the discount.  For examples, the Abu Garcia Fantasista Regista spinning rods are marked down from $499.95 to $325.99 and the Fenwick World Class Spinning rods are marked down from $299.99 to $205.99.  That's 35% and 30% off respectively.  Those are great deals on top flight rods, maybe not in the same rarefied air as the G. Loomis NRX, but fine, light and very sensitive rods just the same.  Fwiw, the Abu Fantasista Premiers, also $205.99, and Fenwick World Class rods share the same 3M Powerlux 500 blanks.  I have four of the Fenwicks and they are excellent rods.  $206 for either the Fenwick World Class or the Abu Premier is an awesome buy.  There are plenty of decent deals on reels as well.

Happy Deal Hunting!
DN   

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1196 on: Jun 14, 2017, 03:03 PM »
2017 SkiDoo Tundra.  Great off season deal.  Picking up this weekend.

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1197 on: Jun 14, 2017, 10:04 PM »
Just saw this ^^^.  If you are referring to the Ice Fishing Deals dot com website, that is not my site.  I do pass on deals that I find to them, that's why you see me mentioned there occasionally.  Other than sharing a friendly deal hunting hobby with them, I am not affiliated with them at all.  The owner of that site does receive some renumeration from purchases on websites that his site directs traffic to.  My deal hunting is strictly for fun and the challenge, and to share great deals I find with my fellow ice fishing enthusiasts.  If I find a great deal, I will always post on Ice Shanty first, especially Amazon deals, where one purchase can immediately blow up the deal.  I just wanted to clarify this so there is no confusion.

I scan roughly twenty websites daily from Amazon to Thorne Bros. and everything in between for deals.  There are tricks you develop over time to quickly search and ferret out deals.  I generally only post ice fishing deals in this site/thread because, well, it's an ice fishing site.  If you have a fishing item in particular you're looking for, even if not ice-fishing related,  I would be more than happy to keep my eyes peeled for you.  Just pm me the VERY specific item(s) you're looking for a deal on, and I'll pm you back if I see something that might interest you.
[/quote

My mistake.  Thank you for the correction. I appreciate all of the deals you post up!

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1198 on: Jun 14, 2017, 10:10 PM »
Post away Deal Ninja! You are the reason I check this site every day. Thanks!

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #1199 on: Jun 15, 2017, 03:32 PM »
the Dr. can handle it good job
you know it O.G. I already found a brand new oem tecumseh carb in the lot for my jiffy 1 armed bandit auger,keep that for myself..haha.found some cool Tecumseh indian head decals too.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.