Author Topic: Warm weather  (Read 777 times)

Offline eyecrosser65

• IceShanty Rookie
Warm weather
« on: Feb 16, 2016, 03:40 PM »
Looks like ice season is winding down in these parts with the extended forecast showing some warm temps at the end of this week. A friendly reminder to all who brave late ice; go slow, use a spud bar, don't go alone, carry rope, picks, etc…, and let someone know where you will be and what time to expect you back home. I'm organizing my ice equipment and calling it a season. Didn't go as much as I would have liked but fun times when I did go with friends, made some new ones and had fun catching fish. Time to gear up for the Walleye spawn, right around the corner with if these temps stay consistent. Good luck out there and be safe.

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
Re: Warm weather
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2016, 05:06 PM »
Yep! Got out more times than I did last year. Ice gear going into storage for another year. Kind of sad! On the other hand going to got the boat and open water gear ready to go! All in all a very enjoyable ice season! All you fanatics out there, please keep it safe!  JDL

Offline nate95366

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Warm weather
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2016, 09:13 PM »
I was actually able to get out several more times this year than last and, at least where I am in Papillion, the ice was very consistent throughout the whole (short) season. But I too think it's wrapped up when I look at the 10-day forecast.

I would say that I'm looking forward to open water (and I am), but the reality for me is that I don't get out fishing open water half as much as I do on the ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.