The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ice fishing in Wisconsin  (Read 1579 times)

Offline bigmike7272

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ice fishing in Wisconsin
« on: Feb 14, 2016, 03:45 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm gonna be heading down to the Sheboygan area this weekend. I may be going all the way to Madison to fish with my brother in law but I'm not sure if he can get out yet. So I was wondering if you guys could share any info with me on inland lakes in the Sheboygan area. I'd be willing to drive about an hour, hour and a half tops. I'm not all about catching my limit of fish and taking em all home, I just like to be out fishing. I'll find a lake somehow I was just wondering if I could get some local knowledge on the lakes, I'm open to fishing any species but I really like going after panfish. PM's are welcome.

Thanks in advance guys,
  Mike

Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember some of it. Involve me and I will have lifetime knowledge.

-Anomymous

Offline brooky

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice fishing in Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2016, 08:06 PM »
What I would do is go on lake link and go to lake finder. Pick out the county and it will list the lakes. Then start reading some reports on lake link...go back several years ....then when you find a couple that seem promising look at the lake map on lake link and pick out some areas of the lake you think will hold fish....then read back through the thread and maybe message one of the regular posters who fishes the lake you picked and ask if the areas you picked out on the map have a chance of holding the fish you are targeting.

Thats how I do it and once in awhile I get lucky and catch a fish or two . I don't like asking people for their spots. Now its true that some piece of shot may give you a bum steer but I generally try to have faith in my fellow man lol.

Offline bucknuts

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2016, 06:54 AM »
Be careful I found that fishermen from Wisconsin are mostly B.ASS'S and will totally give you no info or wrong info. I bet that if the ones who lie to you would send someone to a bad lake and they get hurt or die they probably wouldn't care!

Offline brooky

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2016, 08:25 AM »
lol buckjuice you should lighten up a little. I generally find about 3 out of 4 people I talk to out on the ice are friendly and helpful. I show people no problem what I am catching them on if they are biting. Not sure who gave you the bluebuckballs but you should probably get over it hahaha !

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2016, 09:06 AM »
Be careful I found that fishermen from Wisconsin are mostly B.ASS'S and will totally give you no info or wrong info. I bet that if the ones who lie to you would send someone to a bad lake and they get hurt or die they probably wouldn't care!

Bucketnuts, not much going on, on all those Ohio fishing boards? You know the ones talking about all those farm ponds and fish tanks.

Offline bearlake16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2016, 08:42 PM »
My first choice in that area would be long lake 1/2 hour to the west. Great little lake that has a nice mix of fish.Good fishing!

Offline bearlake16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2016, 08:45 PM »
Go to wdnr web sight and you can get info on that lake, species, landings and stocking info.

Offline bigmike7272

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2016, 05:31 PM »
My first choice in that area would be long lake 1/2 hour to the west. Great little lake that has a nice mix of fish.Good fishing!

Thanks for the info. That was actually one of the lakes I was looking into. My wife's family lives in Sheboygan but nobody had an interest in ice fishing until I got in the family so none of them have any idea where to go either.

Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember some of it. Involve me and I will have lifetime knowledge.

-Anomymous

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.