New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Joka Therm Mittens  (Read 2037 times)

Offline TheManInBlack

• Team IceShanty Addict
Joka Therm Mittens
« on: Feb 13, 2016, 07:14 PM »
Does anyone know if any of the places in New York sell Joka Therm Polar Mittens (as seen here: http://www.jokasafe.fi/en/jokatherm.html).  They are European.  I bought a pair at a fishing tackle store here in Rochester about 10 years ago.  They are great and I love them, but the liners are beginning to finally wear out.  I saw some pairs at a local store a few years ago (can't remember if it was Gander Mountain or Dicks's), but I haven't seen any this year (and I checked all the local fishing/sporting good stores).

It looks like there is a place out in Idaho I can order them from, but was wondering if anywhere in NY sells them.

Thanks

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: Joka Therm Mittens
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2016, 02:10 AM »
I checked the hyperlink you provided for the mitts. Near the top of the page you will see the word "Resellers" put your cursor on this and left click it will give you a list of companies in different countries. HT Enterprises of  Wiscion is listed as a reseller. I believe they call the Joka mitts "Eskimo Polar mitts" and sell two sizes plus replacement liners for each size. Also try Fish USA for the replacement liners. I have similar mitts from a company called Kid or KiDD  and got new liners from Fish USA back in 2014.
Steve

Offline CuseHoops88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2016, 03:58 AM »
I know that All Seasons up in Pulaski, ny sells them. Call them up, I'm sure they would ship a pair to you.

I was just bragging about how awesome those gloves are to someone else yesterday. I love them because I can wear a pair of finglerless gloves inside of them.

Offline SizeMatters

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2016, 05:54 AM »
I've seen them locally in the last few weeks.  I bought mine at JK on Norton St. a few years ago.  I've seen them recently with the HT branding so it has to be Dick's, Gander, or Ted's Tackle in Lakeville and I'm pretty sure it was Ted's.

Offline xxxbeer247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2016, 06:55 AM »
Could always try eBay like I did. I bought the glove version instead of the mittens as I prefer to have some finger movement with them on. Highly recommended! I think I paid $25 with the shipping but they are well worth it

Offline TheManInBlack

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2016, 07:42 AM »
Yeah, I love the mittens, I slip them on and off pretty quickly, and they are so warm and stay so dry.  I'll reach out to Ted's and see if they carry them.  If I cannot find them locally, I will use the internet.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.