New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Black Creek Pond/Demlers, Wheatfield, NY  (Read 1501 times)

Offline Bbrown24

• IceShanty Rookie
Black Creek Pond/Demlers, Wheatfield, NY
« on: Feb 12, 2016, 03:49 PM »
Has anyone ever fished here? I have a friend who lives on this pond and said I could fish it but ai wasnt sure what it has for fish. Any advice would be appreciated.
Empire State Fishing

Offline don519

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Black Creek Pond/Demlers, Wheatfield, NY
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2016, 09:36 PM »
Its all posted I've heard the fishing is good they are the clay pits that was used to cover love canal that's is only about 2 miles away call Niagara outdoors and ask them about it they are around the corner from them and might have any info you need to know

Offline skinny4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2016, 12:43 AM »
I fish small ponds I shouldn't always be on. I wouldn't fish there. I know a ton of people off road and do alot of stuff in the demler mud flats areas but its not worth it. It is all posted and they will come back there and get you. If I had to fish ice in that area I would try openheim park or hyde park. Both have trout stocked in them and most common fish species. Any of the marinas around there too. Fishing might be good in demlers but there is better days  and bigger fish in legal water around there. Heck for the price of trespassing you could go on a guided trip somewhere. Fishing isn't really that great at demlers.

Offline Bbrown24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2016, 04:02 PM »
Thanks for the replies. If I were to have permission from a homeowner that lives on the water, would that make a difference or is it privately owned by another party? I know some small ponds like that are partially owned by everyone that has waterfront property. I only really want to fish there because I am confident the ice will be safe and my friend told me people fish it open water in kayaks.
Empire State Fishing

Offline skinny4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2016, 05:08 PM »
If you walk directly from your friends lawn onto ice I'd change what I said. I'd go out there any day. But your friend does not own the lake and you can be kicked off. But I doubt that you would get fined for that. Most developments that have ponds have community rules against swimming or boats. Some homeowners will complain and have you thrown off. Those are what I fish. Small ponds that somebody says go ahead. Lots of the smaller ponds get a ton of bass thrown in and are stunted. Those with lots of small bass have big sunfish. But don't drive around the trails and mud around the other side and park and think its OK. They will come back there and get you.

Offline Bbrown24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2016, 06:04 PM »
If you walk directly from your friends lawn onto ice I'd change what I said. I'd go out there any day. But your friend does not own the lake and you can be kicked off. But I doubt that you would get fined for that. Most developments that have ponds have community rules against swimming or boats. Some homeowners will complain and have you thrown off. Those are what I fish. Small ponds that somebody says go ahead. Lots of the smaller ponds get a ton of bass thrown in and are stunted. Those with lots of small bass have big sunfish. But don't drive around the trails and mud around the other side and park and think its OK. They will come back there and get you.

Thanks! I think Ill give it a shot. If I get asked to leave Ill leave, not that big of a deal. I would hope that if law enforcement were called, they would give me some professional courtesy before issuing me a ticket. Sometimes those development ponds can produce some decent sized fish.
Empire State Fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.