Author Topic: Moores reservoir ice conditions  (Read 836 times)

Offline Youngfish96

• IceShanty Rookie
Moores reservoir ice conditions
« on: Feb 12, 2016, 01:51 PM »
Thinking about heading up to Moores Resevoir this weekend. Does anyone know how much ice is up there?  Don't want to make the drive and figure out there's not enough when we get there. Thanks any info would help

Offline xklipze

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Moores reservoir ice conditions
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2016, 03:01 PM »
google the weather.   Negative 50 degrees after wind chill.      One of the things i wanted to do this winter was ice fish moore's reservoir

i would love to know the ice conditions and go fishing one nice day this week

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2016, 03:51 PM »
There is plenty of ice on the dam

Offline xklipze

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2016, 05:18 PM »
sorry,   -30  -    -40 degrees after wind chill

Offline rockhound57

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2016, 09:41 AM »
Fished it Monday with a friend, saw two other groups- a  pretty lonely place to fish, with pretty good reason. It was -6 leaving Bartlett, which held until we crested the notch, then fell to -22 by the time we passed the AMC compound!!!  :cookoo: When we arrived the temp was back to -10 ish. Fishing was great once the sun came up with almost no wind, thanks to my buddy's Bigfoot shelter and Mr Buddy to thaw fingertips. My buddy was more successful. He only had 2-4 flags, but his last (about an hour before mine) ran way off, he set the hook, then wasn't sure if there was anything there as he pulled it in, until it saw the hole, then it put up a short fight ending in landing a 20.5" Brown. What a pretty fish! His first of the trout family through the ice; very exciting! I had about 6-8 flags all day, just hit and drop's, until the last one at 3 ish. It ran out prob 40' of line, and I use Circle hooks, so I never snap the line to set the hook, I just pull it tight, then try to keep it tight. I could feel it following me all the way in, and each time it shook its head, the line would STOP, until it started following me in again. I saw my marker at 8' when it gave a last shake and was gone!! :woot: AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!
Results of a long, pleasant but cold day from 12 traps, 8-12 flags, 1 Brown, 0 Northern, 0 Yellow's

And the ice was consistently 12" in the area we fished, up near the narrows. It's been lowered, I'd guess, 6-8' from the normal high water mark, with 2-4" of blown snow cover
      live free or die in NH, fish western ME

Offline taggin out

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2016, 08:08 PM »
Any update on the ice after all this rain?

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2016, 04:32 AM »
Ice is good BUT the power company starts letting water out this  time of year. It maybe fine one day and very hard to get on or off the next.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.