Author Topic: Refuge Ice  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Mr Merritt

• Team IceShanty Regular
Refuge Ice
« on: Feb 12, 2016, 12:27 PM »
 I had a report this morning that a party at Hackberry Lake was reporting pick-up sized patches of open water. Where they walked out and drilled they found 6".
 There had been quite recent reports or 13 to 14 inches of ice on the refuge over the weekend. I realize the warm, windy conditions we have had can change ice conditions quickly but I still found this report surprising. Does anyone else have a current ice report for any of the refuge lakes?

Several parties fished on Merritt yesterday, all reporting safe ice conditions. Some melt water is accumulating but so far nothing alarming for Merritt. Overcast conditions with a high of 30 forecast should keep current ice conditions stable for today. With warm weather forecast next week you may want to get out now while there is still ice to stand on.

Offline viasandhillgill

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Refuge Ice
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2016, 07:04 PM »
Limit of Perch and BG on eight inches of ice on dewey didn't see any open water but heard there was some by the handicap boat ramp I would say about one more week of safe ice.

Offline viasandhillgill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2016, 07:06 PM »
Limit of Perch and BG on eight inches of ice on dewey didn't see any open water but heard there was some by the handicap boat ramp I would say about one more week of safe ice.

Offline IceIceCrappie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2016, 09:34 AM »
Fished the refuge yesterday, ice is done we were on Pelican and open water all over and with the wind yesterday it just shredded the ice. 

Offline bluejays14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2016, 02:36 PM »
Ice is not good or safe on the lakes I was at.  six inches is the most I found but it was not healthy ice. Most was 3-
5 and had some cracking.  Pelican lost fish able ice in hoursYesterday...went from 4 inches to wide open by the reeds before you knew it.  I think today is the last day but not sure I'd even go today personally.
Caught good pike on pelican on Friday.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.