Author Topic: TEAM NH GET TOGETHER SATURDAY MARCH 12, 2016  (Read 11563 times)

Offline mosred

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bucktails
Re: 2016 TEAM NH GET TOGETHER SATURDAY MARCH 12, 2016
« Reply #30 on: Feb 22, 2016, 03:02 PM »
It will be great to catch up Keith!
Gone fishin, be back at dark-thirty!

Offline ilike2fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 24, 2016, 12:52 PM »
I want in!  See ya there!

Offline Dojigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 25, 2016, 09:13 AM »
A quick heads up.

Boat Ramp at Wellington State Park (Newfound Lake) Closure for Deicing Protection of Dock Pilings

BRISTOL, N.H. – Beginning early on Monday, February 29, the public boat access facility to Newfound Lake at Wellington State Park in Bristol, NH will be closed to accommodate deicing protection of the dock pilings at the ramp. The deicing process will create open water at the ramp so that snow machine, OHRV and pedestrian traffic will not be safe and will be prohibited.  Access to bob houses will not be available through this location.

The deicing procedure is preparation for a project this spring to upgrade the dock piling anchor system so that in future years deicing will not be necessary. The piling upgrade project will take about a month and is planned for a period in April and May with open water to accommodate the placement of a work barge.  During the project the ramp will be in the work area.  There will be no opportunity to launch or retrieve boats during this time period.

New Hampshire's Public Boat Access Program is funded through boat registration fees and federal Sport Fish and Wildlife Restoration funds.  Fish and Game's Facilities Construction and Lands Division acquires land for public water access sites, refurbishes existing sites and builds new public boat access areas.  For more information on boating access locations in NH visit www.wildnh.com/maps/boatfish/index.html

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #33 on: Feb 25, 2016, 10:02 AM »
With that info provided, which launch does the gathering take place out of?
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 25, 2016, 11:28 AM »
Jiggin is currently talking with the conservation officers up there about it.

If We don't have access to the Wellington? The Gathering will take place at the base/foot of the lake. Which is the South end.

Offline Bobber Bob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 25, 2016, 05:59 PM »
Can a Rookie Ice Fisherman named "Bobber Bob" attend? I have a few other Rookies (Minnows) in my circle that would like to attend....

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Feb 25, 2016, 06:05 PM »
Can a Rookie Ice Fisherman named "Bobber Bob" attend? I have a few other Rookies (Minnows) in my circle that would like to attend....

Yes. Any Shanty Member is Welcome

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #37 on: Feb 27, 2016, 11:16 AM »
Jiggin is currently talking with the conservation officers up there about it.

If We don't have access to the Wellington? The Gathering will take place at the base/foot of the lake. Which is the South end.

They will leave the gate open for the ice shanty gathering however the shore line is broken up which means access to the ice could be iffy. We could bring planks if needed but only foot traffic.
 Right now Psycho and I are going to take a ride and check it out. Will report back  with an update

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Feb 27, 2016, 11:24 AM »
They will leave the gate open for the ice shanty gathering however the shore line is broken up which means access to the ice could be iffy. We could bring planks if needed but only foot traffic.
 Right now Psycho and I are going to take a ride and check it out. Will report back  with an update

Thank You for the update Jiggin. Really appreciate you checking that out for us.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #39 on: Feb 27, 2016, 12:29 PM »
 So I just got back with Psycho checking the Wellington boat launch.  Fish n game was there as well.
  We still have access to Wellington parking lot for the gathering and they're going to leave the gate open.
 However getting onto the ice with any vehicles is going to be extremely difficult.  The shoreline is garbage And with the weather coming in for this week its not looking promising. 
 There might be access  onto the ice via foot travel, Psycho and I are looking into building a bridge at the Canoe access  with some long planks  this week.  More on this later.
  Your call NHTF.

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Feb 27, 2016, 12:36 PM »
So I just got back with Psycho checking the Wellington boat launch.  Fish n game was there as well.
  We still have access to Wellington parking lot for the gathering and they're going to leave the gate open.
 However getting onto the ice with any vehicles is going to be extremely difficult.  The shoreline is garbage And with the weather coming in for this week its not looking promising. 
 There might be access  onto the ice via foot travel, Psycho and I are looking into building a bridge at the Canoe access  with some long planks  this week.  More on this later.
  Your call NHTF.

Thank You Jiggin. I will get in touch with You over the next couple of days. I know You're staying out in the shack for the weekend. Talk to You soon. Much Appreciated NHTF

Offline ihunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Feb 29, 2016, 02:09 PM »
In case you weren't aware, this was put out last week by Fish and Game.

Boat Ramp at Wellington State Park (Newfound Lake) Closure for Deicing Protection of Dock Pilings

Garret Graaskamp: (603) 271-1748
Jane Vachon, (603) 271-3211

February 23, 2016

BRISTOL, N.H. – Beginning early on Monday, February 29, the public boat access facility to Newfound Lake at Wellington State Park in Bristol, NH will be closed to accommodate deicing protection of the dock pilings at the ramp. The deicing process will create open water at the ramp so that snow machine, OHRV and pedestrian traffic will not be safe and will be prohibited.  Access to bob houses will not be available through this location.

The deicing procedure is preparation for a project this spring to upgrade the dock piling anchor system so that in future years deicing will not be necessary. The piling upgrade project will take about a month and is planned for a period in April and May with open water to accommodate the placement of a work barge.  During the project the ramp will be in the work area.  There will be no opportunity to launch or retrieve boats during this time period.

New Hampshire's Public Boat Access Program is funded through boat registration fees and federal Sport Fish and Wildlife Restoration funds.  Fish and Game's Facilities Construction and Lands Division acquires land for public water access sites, refurbishes existing sites and builds new public boat access areas.  For more information on boating access locations in NH visit www.wildnh.com/maps/boatfish/index.html

Offline ihunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Feb 29, 2016, 02:11 PM »
I guess I should have read further back, Someone already posted this sorry! ::)

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Feb 29, 2016, 02:55 PM »
In case you weren't aware, this was put out last week by Fish and Game.

Garret Graaskamp: (603) 271-1748
Jane Vachon, (603) 271-3211

February 23, 2016

It you read the entire thread...
Jiggin has already spoken with the local conservation officers and they will leave the gate unlocked for us for the Get Together on March 12th.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #44 on: Feb 29, 2016, 05:28 PM »

It you read the entire thread...
Jiggin has already spoken with the local conservation officers and they will leave the gate unlocked for us for the Get Together on March 12th.

I plan to follow up later in the week just to be safe and will update accordingly.

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Mar 02, 2016, 06:42 PM »
Update***

The TEAM NH GET TOGETHER IS ON as scheduled!

I spoke with Jiggin tonight. He spoke with the local conservation officers up at Newfound and they will have the gate at Wellington State Park OPEN for us for our Gathering on March 12, 2016.

Jiggin and many (approx 20+) of the Newfound Circus Members will be there as well as many others that have contacted me in one way or another (40++)

As of right now there is still plenty of fishable ice on Newfound. However No One accurately predict what it will be like in a week+ 

If You choose to fish Please Use Caution and Check conditions as You go as You would on any water body towards the end of the season.

Regardless of Ice conditions most people have stated they will be there regardless for the BBQ and Raffle. A Big part of the Get Together is to put a name with a face and meet many of the other members here on the site.

Hope to See You all There!

Stay Tuned for more on an Updated Raffle Prize list as it is Growing!!!  ;)

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Mar 02, 2016, 06:57 PM »
see you all there

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #47 on: Mar 02, 2016, 07:10 PM »
see you all there

Looking forward to it Scott!
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
Re: TEAM NH GET TOGETHER SATURDAY MARCH 12, 2016 IS A GO!!!
« Reply #48 on: Mar 03, 2016, 06:57 AM »
fyi,

The boat launch will most likely have a bubbler running so access at the launch itself is highly doubtful especially with any type of atv or snowmobile. It is best to stay away from that area.

Might be able to get on at the canoe access but as NHTF mentions, it is too far away to predict. Although cold now, we have some warm weather and high winds coming.
Psycho and I plan to build a plank bridge to help access via foot traffic next friday evening if deemed accessible but again hard to tell at this point. Once the bubblers start running, it may open up at the canoe access too.

For those of you not familiar with Newfound Lake, The foot of the lake (south end) should have accessibility away from the river, you can park on the side of the road to fish. Other areas, I'm not too sure about so as always use caution and your best judgement.

Cheers!

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Mar 03, 2016, 01:42 PM »
Looking forward to it Scott!
may not be able to fish but I'll have something for us to drink

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #50 on: Mar 03, 2016, 02:09 PM »
may not be able to fish but I'll have something for us to drink

Perfect! I wasn't bringing gear anyway. Just going to socialize

Offline loudonfisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • don't have to ge crazy to ice fish/ but it helps
« Reply #51 on: Mar 03, 2016, 03:45 PM »
Hoping to make it again this year with the grandkids. Always a good time

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Mar 03, 2016, 03:52 PM »
Perfect! I wasn't bringing gear anyway. Just going to socialize

Trying to work out a way to go... if I can, it'd be the same for me... no fishing, would just like to meet the Shanty crew and shake a few hands. Last year I had a wedding to attend, this year it's on my bro's birthday... My mother threatened physical violence if I missed either and despite her being 75... I'm still afraid of her lol.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #53 on: Mar 03, 2016, 07:59 PM »
Trying to work out a way to go... if I can, it'd be the same for me... no fishing, would just like to meet the Shanty crew and shake a few hands. Last year I had a wedding to attend, this year it's on my bro's birthday... My mother threatened physical violence if I missed either and despite her being 75... I'm still afraid of her lol.

Lmao! The respect and  revere should never fade. I hear you loud and clear. It means she raised you right

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Mar 04, 2016, 06:58 AM »
I'm gonna try to get the fish pimp to show with me

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Mar 04, 2016, 10:53 AM »
Hey Guys!

Just an update as We are only about a week away from the 5th Annual Team NH Get Together!

I just spoke with Alan up at AJs and have put together an Awesome list of Raffle Prizes!

Some of the Prizes Up for Grabs so far are...

~New Shappell Bay Runner Portable Shack

~2 Eagle Claw Inline Rod/Reel Combos
~2 Jaw Jackers
~Jiffy Mille Lacs Ice Chisel
~AJs New "Non Lead" Buck Tail Jigs
~Ice Shanty Shirts
~Ice Shanty Winter Hats
~AJs Gift Certificates
~Bass Pro Gift Card
~Tuckaway Tavern Gift Cards
~Jig Sticks
~AJs Hats/Gear
~Custom Made Striper Plugs

& Many other Ice Fishing Related items!

Also a 50/50 raffle with cash prize to the winner.

A BBQ Lunch (steak tips & sausages from Tuckaway Tavern as well as burgers/hot dogs) will be held at approx 12 Noon at the Boat Launch at Wellington State Park with the raffles soon to follow.

Looking forward to seeing You all there!

Offline Dojigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Mar 04, 2016, 03:07 PM »
Thank you kindly for all you do NHTF, your unselfish dedication and heartfelt perseverance used to create the annual NH meet and greet has generated an event that is by far, one of the best internet generated ice fishing enthusiast gatherings here in the Northeast !

Long time fan

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Mar 05, 2016, 08:18 PM »
Wish I could make it with my boys.....We have a trip to Boston planned. Hopefully next year.
Every fish is a good fish!

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Mar 07, 2016, 08:14 PM »
I'll be there enjoyed it last year! Just who ever brought there wife that won all the prizes feel free leave some to us this year LOL

I feel the need to clarify; nobody brought "the wife who won all the prizes". That was Ladybug, who brought her own bad self there. Some of us know how to fish without help.  ;)

She and I are both planning to show up to socialize later in the morning. I sometimes wonder if anyone missed me at all this year (lol), I have only been out 3 times this year, mainly due to just having bought a house and not really being prepared moving in mid-winter. I never really got my gear in order either. But.....I always have my disorganized stuff with me, so who knows?

I look forward to seeing everyone!

Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Mar 07, 2016, 08:43 PM »
I missed you so much Steph that I'm going to the gathering this year.  ;)
Please jot my name down, Keith.
Hitching a ride with Salmonemia.
Have to buy some chances on Roccus' plugs. ;D

I feel so stupid asking this...but figured if I was going to fish I'd be there at dawn.
Well, I'm not planning to fish but would like to connect some faces with handles.
What would be a good time to show up?
When does the crowd dissipate?
Thanks in advance. looking forward to it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.