Author Topic: Thought you SD guys would like to know...  (Read 1610 times)

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Thought you SD guys would like to know...
« on: Feb 11, 2016, 04:56 PM »
Your friends from the neighboring State of Wyoming (Casper) say Howdy! So if you happen to see a Wyoming tag around your parts, swing by and say hello!  :tipup:

X-posted from the Wyoming forum:
I would like to thank Doz601 and Mrs Doz601 for graciously collecting winter coats, gloves, hats and thermals from other Casper, WY area ice fishing enthusiasts and meeting me halfway today to deliver them (which in Wyoming is no short drive!), for the February 20th Hooked on Hardwater event in Rapid City, SD.

It's amazing to see an event for disadvantaged young boys in western South Dakota reach all the way into Wyoming, and the generosity it brings to the surface from the great Wyoming folks.To top it off, this group of ice fishermen and women are now planning a small event of their own taking young kids ice fishing for next season in the Casper area! I'd be very proud and humbled to be a part of that special day and to cut holes with this group of Wyoming sportsmen any where, any day. "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." - Aesop. Thank you again!

(Image removed from quote.)

If you'd like to swing by and give an Ice Shanty Hello  :thumbsup: to Doz601 and his friends, here's the place to do it: A huge thank you to Doz601 and the Casper area for winter coats!

- wyoutdoors  :tipup:

Offline majormaj

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • They just call me Major.
Re: Thought you SD guys would like to know...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2016, 07:58 AM »
Lived in Casper about 15 yrs ago but only for a year.  Love that place!

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
Re: Thought you SD guys would like to know...
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2016, 12:43 PM »
I used to play in Wyoming a lot with my band. Our guitar player is from Newcastle. Great state with some amazing scenery and good people. We used to play the Bronco Bar in Newcastle, the High Nineties in Newcastle, and Kicks in Gillette. There was also a lodge that had a big party outside every year and we played that too.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.