Author Topic: Lx6/lx7/lx9 Update  (Read 4409 times)

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lx6/lx7/lx9 Update
« on: Feb 11, 2016, 11:20 AM »
I heard earlier this year that they were finally coming out with a shallow water update. Anyone hear anything more about it?

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Lx6/lx7/lx9 Update
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2016, 11:32 AM »
pro staff are using the new firmware and reporting issues back to the marcum engineers. the eta was mid/late january. now, they have no date on it.

when used right, it has 2.5 feet of missing jig. then depending on the ice thickness, you will have none missing or what ever your ice thickness is when using the transducer on the top of the water column.
so if you have 6 inches of ice and the puck is 1 inch in the water you have 2 feet of missing jig/water basically. open water mode helps with this too.

my hb ice-55 has missing jig or water too and has a bunch of clutter when it tries to show water under it. i have seen others posting no missing water and their pics show only clutter also.
if the new firmware adds clutter to my lx9 then i will not upgrade it. i prefer not seeing the clutter.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=327787.0

Offline blueroof

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2016, 11:36 AM »
I heard it's not gonna be released this ice season.
Little bit more fish water
Little bit more fish stew
I want fish stew
Little more, more
More than all the big fishes do

Offline joemx1825

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2016, 12:17 PM »
Hopefully removing the pressure of getting it released this ice season will allow them to cram more fixes/enhancements into the release and really stomp out any bugs in the code..

Offline BAMA3ROLLTIDE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2016, 03:16 PM »
What a joke

Offline blueroof

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2016, 03:37 PM »
Hopefully removing the pressure of getting it released this ice season will allow them to cram more fixes/enhancements into the release and really stomp out any bugs in the code..

Pretty sure Marcum is a side project in Versa's world.  From my interactions, they're not really pounding away trying to improve these things. 
Little bit more fish water
Little bit more fish stew
I want fish stew
Little more, more
More than all the big fishes do

Offline joemx1825

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2016, 08:17 AM »
I agree the time between updates is a joke, you'd think with the number of digital units they've sold over the last few years, they would hire additional programmers to stay on top of the software updates...

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2016, 12:35 PM »
i was told they have the shallow water issue fixed but the ice is not thick enough to have pro staff on to see how the deep water is doing. so no eta on an update for those who think they "need" it.

i was told it costs thousands on top thousands of dollars to have one update built for free for us. i am not going to complain about that. it won't change any thing if i did and mine works so no complaints any way. fine tuning is nice, but i don't expect it. it does what they said it will do and that's why i have it. i out fish everyone every day, so no update needed for me because mine works. sure, it might be nice, but not needed.

Offline egriffin70

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ed
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2016, 02:36 PM »
I would rather them get it right, and add more features then rushing.   My 2 cents.

Offline Cub

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2016, 06:44 AM »
I would rather them get it right, and add more features then rushing.   My 2 cents.

x2
Jig em up!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 14, 2016, 11:51 AM »
ice isn't thick enough for the testers      isn't Marcum in MN          what a bunch of bs

Offline cropdude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 14, 2016, 09:20 PM »
ice isn't thick enough for the testers      isn't Marcum in MN          what a bunch of bs

+1000

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 14, 2016, 09:33 PM »
I'm sure not all of the testers live in Mn. Prostaff guys are all over the country.

Would you rather they rush it so you can b***h about the update having bugs? I appreciate a company that puts the work in to do it right.
Guys probably buy GM too don't ya  ;)
Beer will get you through times of no ice better than ice will get you through times of no beer...

Offline jthod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 15, 2016, 08:03 AM »
Wish they wouldn't have told people it was coming this year.

I had better luck using my $200 lowrance in water under 7' than I did my $700 marcum.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #14 on: Feb 15, 2016, 08:03 AM »
I think before you even release a product for sale it  should be tested and working out of the box.all the other updates should be performance/added feature updates not fixes. jmo. Marcum testers knew there was some bugs and flaws and still put them on the market.does sound like GM.haha

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Feb 15, 2016, 08:40 AM »
I think before you even release a product for sale it  should be tested and working out of the box.all the other updates should be performance/added feature updates not fixes. jmo. Marcum testers knew there was some bugs and flaws and still put them on the market.does sound like GM.haha
are you having issues?

you don't even own one, but are complaining now about some thing you never had.

when you don't understand machine code, it is easy to say those words, for some.
the system you you are using to say how dare they release some thing to the masses before it's finished is silly. did you know your system your on gets updates every day? how dare they do that to you. even smart phones get updates and have tons of bug and security holes, but how dare they LOL! your car is computerized and guess what, has bugs in it's code.

some thing you don't understand is all code has bugs! even the browser you chose to say those words on "how they should never release code until it's finished" LOL! so does your firewall, anti virus and any thing that is computerized. even vex has bugs, but they can't update yours, but they can sell you a new one to fix those bugs and lack of features!

when you change code, you add even more bugs to that code.

like i said, i catch lots of fish and have no problems with mine and many others are not complaining about any thing. a few want to make some noise about a shallow water issue some have. it looks like they just want to complain no update is available. after they get one, they will complain that another new update is not available. that's how some people are.

are you having issues?

what is your lx7 doing wrong for you?
so in your mind the pro staff testers are all in mn.

+1000
are you having issues?
+1000

Wish they wouldn't have told people it was coming this year.

I had better luck using my $200 lowrance in water under 7' than I did my $700 marcum.
better luck?
we were fishing 7 foot last night too. luck doesn't come from a sonar.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #16 on: Feb 15, 2016, 08:43 AM »
you talk crap about vex all the time whats the difference?you don't own one.your quite the know it all.and your right I don't own and will never own any Marcum digitals ever.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Feb 15, 2016, 08:51 AM »
you talk crap about vex all the time whats the difference?you don't own one.your quite the know it all.and your right I don't own and will never own any Marcum digitals ever.
i talk truths, not crap.
i do use a vex almost daily now, thank you very much for your concerns. some people need help setting some thing so simple up to use still.

this is a discussion about some thing you know nothing about.

Offline joemx1825

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 15, 2016, 08:51 AM »
I would cut them a little slack on the infrequent updates... They are not Apple or Google who have thousands of programmers to constantly work on software updates.  Marcum probably has 1-2 programmers who also handle Customer Service, Warranty repairs, etc...

I think we're all a little used to getting our phones fixed with a software update immediately after a bug is found, the smaller companies just can't provide that type of service.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #19 on: Feb 15, 2016, 08:57 AM »
i talk truths, not crap.
i do use a vex almost daily now, thank you very your concerns. some people need help setting some thing so simple up to use still.

you think your the only one that can set up a lx7.i fish with buds that have them and helped them set  up.its not rocket science.they should work out of the box period.im done.spout your propaganda Marcum fan boy.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20 on: Feb 15, 2016, 09:01 AM »
you think your the only one that can set up a lx7.i fish with buds that have them and helped them set  up.its not rocket science.they should work out of the box period.im done.spout your propaganda Marcum fan boy.
they do work out of the box tho. just like what ever you use does. looks like a vex banner under your name, so your vex works out of the box like macrums do. they have knobs or buttons for a reason, even your vex does.

don't get upset about talking about firmware updates, it's not worth it.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Feb 15, 2016, 09:20 AM »
 Marcum can you  send me a New  7 to do some testing for you?

Offline cropdude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Feb 15, 2016, 08:39 PM »

My +1000 comment was because it is a totally B.S. And lame excuse that the ice has not been thick enough for pro staff to test the software.

My unit works just fine and do not need the update BUT all we ever hear and read about are "UPGRADES" not updates. The following is quoted from MarCum webpage:

"Most flashers just get older with time. MarCum digital sonars get better. That’s because MarCum releases free firmware upgrades that make your digital sonar unit even better at finding fish than on the day you bought it."

They are advertising it but my LX7 is getting older at the same rate that my FL-18 is. I feel that by the time that my LX7 "gets better" the next Latest and Greatest unit will be out and the LX will be sitting on the shelf with the same technology on it that it had on it the day it was built just like the trusty old FL-18.

End of rant for now....

Offline iceman10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 16, 2016, 05:17 PM »

My +1000 comment was because it is a totally B.S. And lame excuse that the ice has not been thick enough for pro staff to test the software.

My unit works just fine and do not need the update BUT all we ever hear and read about are "UPGRADES" not updates. The following is quoted from MarCum webpage:

"Most flashers just get older with time. MarCum digital sonars get better. That’s because MarCum releases free firmware upgrades that make your digital sonar unit even better at finding fish than on the day you bought it."

They are advertising it but my LX7 is getting older at the same rate that my FL-18 is. I feel that by the time that my LX7 "gets better" the next Latest and Greatest unit will be out and the LX will be sitting on the shelf with the same technology on it that it had on it the day it was built just like the trusty old FL-18.

End of rant for now....

Marcum could hold off on an update for 20 years and your fl18 still wouldn't be a equal unit ! Lmao

Offline cropdude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Feb 16, 2016, 05:59 PM »
I have never thought or said that the 18 and LX7 were equal units.  I just feel that the rate of technology "upgrades" will be the same on the two units.  Even with the frequent issues that others have had with the MarCum digital products I think that they are an awesome unit. 

Offline varmonter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Feb 17, 2016, 10:57 AM »
I would think marcum had the ability to test these
Things in a lab...why would a corp that makes a product
Have to rely on the weather....wouldn't be "lean".. ::)

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Feb 19, 2016, 11:23 AM »
i talk truths, not crap.
i do use a vex almost daily now, thank you very much for your concerns. some people need help setting some thing so simple up to use still.

3300 some of your truths are not true

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27 on: Feb 19, 2016, 08:04 PM »
3300 some of your truths are not true
we are talking about marcum firmware updates. what is not true about what i have to say about them? or do you have different information about their firmware updates you would like to share with us all?

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Feb 20, 2016, 10:59 AM »

Shame on you. 3300 has all the answers to all things. Just ask.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Mar 01, 2016, 05:48 AM »

By the time they release the firmware, they'll be pushing out LX12's. Costs them thousands to update the firmware?  Are they not making millions off us? 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.