New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Top 5 pike lakes?  (Read 3393 times)

Offline Cowboys#1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Top 5 pike lakes?
« Reply #30 on: Feb 15, 2016, 10:58 AM »
Most fish? St lawrence river.

Biggest fish? St Lawrence river.

Most fishable water with ample opportunities at lots of pike and large ones? Not the st lawrence river. Lotta water and tough to target where the hell do you start lol.

Someone mentioned Meacham that had me giggling lol is there a pike left in there?

The biggest? Hahahaha....last i checked the NYS record came out pf The GSL.....maybe you cought the state record out of the river and never told anyone!

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 17, 2016, 04:46 PM »
Most fish? St lawrence river.

Biggest fish? St Lawrence river.

Most fishable water with ample opportunities at lots of pike and large ones? Not the st lawrence river. Lotta water and tough to target where the hell do you start lol.

Someone mentioned Meacham that had me giggling lol is there a pike left in there?

The biggest? Hahahaha....last i checked the NYS record came out pf The GSL.....maybe you cought the state record out of the river and never told anyone!

There are more big fish of every species swimming in the st lawrence then GSL. Everybody knows about the "almost too big to be true" record from GSL which I doubt was even accurate to begin with. All I meant was the St Lawrence has a lot of huge fish swimming in it, but they are hard to locate. Is that inaccurate? I don't think so..

You are a cowboys fan though, I already assume you to be narrow minded and ignorant.

Offline Cowboys#1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 17, 2016, 06:05 PM »
Wow that was a childish reply! I never said there wasnt big pike in the StL river. I personally have had great luck with pike on the river but to state that the biggest pike are in the river is crazy when the US record and previous world record pike came out of the GSL! Dubuc's pike was 52" 46lbs! I hope next time i fish the river I catch a bigger pike then Dubuc's or maybe beat my personal record of 46" caught on the GSL!

Offline Rickr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Feb 17, 2016, 06:11 PM »
What is gsl?

Offline Cowboys#1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 17, 2016, 06:13 PM »
The Great Sacandaga Lake

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Feb 17, 2016, 06:32 PM »
Wow that was a childish reply! I never said there wasnt big pike in the StL river. I personally have had great luck with pike on the river but to state that the biggest pike are in the river is crazy when the US record and previous world record pike came out of the GSL! Dubuc's pike was 52" 46lbs! I hope next time i fish the river I catch a bigger pike then Dubuc's or maybe beat my personal record of 46" caught on the GSL!

I hope you do too. I love to see big pike.

I was kidding about the Cowgirls part....

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
« Reply #36 on: Feb 17, 2016, 06:41 PM »
There are more big fish of every species swimming in the st lawrence then GSL. Everybody knows about the "almost too big to be true" record from GSL which I doubt was even accurate to begin with. All I meant was the St Lawrence has a lot of huge fish swimming in it, but they are hard to locate. Is that inaccurate? I don't think so..

You are a cowboys fan though, I already assume you to be narrow minded and ignorant.

I used to think the same,but from everything ive heard from dec people and read there is no dispute at all, unless you adhere to a conspiracy theory about it.. Sure the St lawerence has nice fish there is no arguing that,or that it has more fish, I mean i hope it would, its only tied to lake ontario and borders another country and goes from here to the atlantic.. But since that record has hit the books, fact of the matter is the ST.L hasn't beat it..

TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Feb 17, 2016, 06:42 PM »

I was kidding about the Cowgirls part....

As a Giants fan I love this...  ;D ;D
            P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Feb 17, 2016, 06:43 PM »
Why does gsl produce big pike vs other bodies of water? Genetics? Forage?
Beer will get you through times of no ice better than ice will get you through times of no beer...

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Feb 17, 2016, 07:03 PM »
I used to think the same,but from everything ive heard from dec people and read there is no dispute at all, unless you adhere to a conspiracy theory about it.. Sure the St lawerence has nice fish there is no arguing that,or that it has more fish, I mean i hope it would, its only tied to lake ontario and borders another country and goes from here to the atlantic.. But since that record has hit the books, fact of the matter is the ST.L hasn't beat it..

I don't adhere to any "conspiracy theories," all I know is that the record is a larger then life fish that was caught in an era plagued by fake and exaggerated record fish from many states and species. An era where records were remarkably easier to falsify, an era when someone's word was as good as gold. I'm sure there is lots of evidence backing it up, I am thrilled to think NY has north Americas biggest pike. I'm just a skeptic, that's all! Hard not to be.

Besides the record fish, thanks for simply repeating my only point lol. STL has lots of fish and some big ones lol.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Feb 17, 2016, 07:37 PM »
Why does gsl produce big pike vs other bodies of water? Genetics? Forage?

I would like to think that it is "jet skiers" in the summer months...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Feb 17, 2016, 08:27 PM »
Lol, I'm sure you love them ripping by your house Doug!
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Feb 17, 2016, 09:21 PM »
Lol theyre not THATTT big. Or is there something youre not telling us  ;D
Beer will get you through times of no ice better than ice will get you through times of no beer...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.