New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Lake Lauderdale Pike  (Read 2446 times)

Offline Northeastangler

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake Lauderdale Pike
« on: Feb 09, 2016, 06:06 PM »
Anyone catch big pike on Lauderdale? I caught my biggest here, 32 1/2" On Jan 31. was wondering if anyone's caught any 36" or bigger on this lake 😁

Offline Garufi518

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lake Lauderdale Pike
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2016, 06:12 PM »
Last year I got a 36" 10.5 lber I have a sweet pic but idk how to post it lol

Offline Northeastangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2016, 07:21 PM »
just figured out how to get the picture up haha, check out the picture posting instructions post in the Help and (FAQs) main page.

Offline xxxbeer247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2016, 07:37 PM »
Got a 38" er about 10 years ago out of there. Skinny fish so it wasn't much over 10 lbs but I didn't weigh it. DEC has been putting tiger Muskie in there the past couple years so hopefully some of those guys will do some growing and create some fun for the years to come

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2016, 07:41 PM »
Congratulations Northeastangler..... :thumbsup: :clap:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline RIVERRAT2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • try to fish over 200 days a year,have cut back now
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2016, 08:56 AM »
Anyone catch big pike on Lauderdale? I caught my biggest here, 32 1/2" On Jan 31. was wondering if anyone's caught any 36" or bigger on this lake 😁 (Image removed from quote.)
NICE pike and great photo thanks for sharing.what did you use for bait?
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
I LOVE FISHING.IT IS A FULLTIME JOB

Offline Northeastangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2016, 07:32 PM »
This one bit on a medium shiner. xxxbeer I saw those stocking reports hope to see some nice tiger muskies reported in a few years

Offline Fish-N-Adventures

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2016, 10:25 PM »
This one bit on a medium shiner. xxxbeer I saw those stocking reports hope to see some nice tiger muskies reported in a few years
truly, not to many tigers left in the lake. I've got a buddy who lives on the lake and fishes it for the bass and gills mostly. But, yes there should be a few more monsters to show up.  ;)2

Offline nkocak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2016, 06:36 AM »
That is a great fish!!!!! How do you access this lake? I fish Cossayuna, relatively close right? looks like a great spot to catch some nice fish!!! Thanks for any info!!!!!

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 12, 2016, 09:12 AM »
the stocking all depends on the size of the tigers released. anyone know or have information on the size of them stocked? for instance, Lincoln pond is stocked annually, but they stock that small, around 7" or so. I have a camp on the lake and they are very hard to get. im pretty sure that once stocked, which ever ones don't die once entering water, are fish food for the largies, pike and maybe even perch

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #10 on: Feb 12, 2016, 09:24 AM »
they've been stocking lauderdale with tigers as long as i can remember.   I have an issue of in-fisherman from 1990 or 1991 with a pic of a lauderdale tiger (state record used to come from there, too).    they stopped stocking tigers for a short time when the rich jerk landowners got their way in 2009, but that has since been restarted.

this is a very small lake, can't take a lot of pressure.   Hate to see it get decimated like the other little pike lakes in our area already have been.

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 12, 2016, 10:37 AM »
they've been stocking lauderdale with tigers as long as i can remember.   I have an issue of in-fisherman from 1990 or 1991 with a pic of a lauderdale tiger (state record used to come from there, too).    they stopped stocking tigers for a short time when the rich jerk landowners got their way in 2009, but that has since been restarted.

this is a very small lake, can't take a lot of pressure.   Hate to see it get decimated like the other little pike lakes in our area already have been.

Too late.  Actually the lake association decimated the entire lake.  I believe it was around 2010 or 2011 they obliterated the weeds.  All the baitfish disappeared and has never recovered.  The weeds are back, but the thousands of golden shiners have completely disappeared and the bluegill/perch/crappie are a fraction of what they used to be. I know some of the property owners, I laugh in my head when they complain the panfish fishing sucks now.  Try to explain that's what happens when you kill every weed in the lake, they don't get it.  I caught and released many wall mount worthy fish until the year they killed the weeds.  What used to be a trophy pike/tiger fishery is now reduced to a rat fest of anorexic pike. I'd fish all day looking for that 1 flag and fish.  I went once this year and had around 20 flags using big dead bait, the biggest was maybe 20" and very unhealthy looking.  Too small to even keep to try to thin them out.   They're reduced to eating whatever few panfish remain and each other. Not belittling the pike in the picture at all, but look at how big the head is on that pike compared to it's body.  If the lake were healthy that would have been a mid to upper 30" pike weighing in the low teens. 

PS- the pike in my avatar is from there.  That's what they USED TO look like.
I love clipboard man

Offline xxxbeer247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 12, 2016, 05:57 PM »
Jon ny do you feel that cossyuna has also suffered similarly to lauderdale? I have noticed that the yearly tournament has yielded a smaller winning pike each year throughout the past decade.

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 12, 2016, 06:31 PM »
Jon ny do you feel that cossyuna has also suffered similarly to lauderdale? I have noticed that the yearly tournament has yielded a smaller winning pike each year throughout the past decade.

I honestly haven't put in enough time on Coss to tell but never caught anything worthwhile.  Recent or in the past.  That lake always had my number.
I love clipboard man

Offline steelycandy101

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 12, 2016, 06:37 PM »
Nice Pike and great photo thanks for sharing!!

Offline Northeastangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 12, 2016, 06:39 PM »
Thanks nkocak, it's about 15 min away from cossayuna on 22. I just parked at the main lot before the gate and walked the road into the state park. Jon ny thanks for the info, saw DEC that day too and nothing bigger than that one from what he heard as well, mostly low-mid 20's. Same thing with me on cossayuna, I never seemed to catch anything of size really the few times I fished it.

Offline Esoxman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Certified Bait is ridiclus
« Reply #16 on: Feb 12, 2016, 06:54 PM »
Mr Esox has a monster caught15 years ago when giant Cisco's and golden shinners were prevalent.My opinion by needs to update there research they stock using primative methods.Can't even stock the right lake's anymore.more worried about certified bait.come on man.I know my licence far don't do me No good no more.big bait big fish
Ice Fish only, stricly targeting Esox lucius and Masquinongy, everything else is just bait.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.