Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Holliday Lake  (Read 2211 times)

Offline BigBuckDown

• IceShanty Rookie
Holliday Lake
« on: Feb 08, 2016, 09:04 PM »
Just wanted to know by chance if anybody's ever fished it and could offer some tips on places their to try? Its a private lake so I've never fished it, but figure I better take advantage of it with the tournament there this Saturday. Any information would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Offline EricB86

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Holliday Lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2016, 07:34 AM »
I will be there too! Fished it last year, my buddy won big crappie! I would give you advice, but you will be my competition! Lol.

Offline EricB86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2016, 07:37 AM »
The only spot we did good last year a a decent walk from the ramp! That's about all I know! Last year big perch was 13", so there is good fish in there!

Offline PhishinFil

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2016, 08:29 AM »
My sister owns houses there and let me fish it twoweeks ago with my son. We both caught giant gills 10+ inches and some bonus perch that ranged all under 10". Perch where in open flats and blues on dropoff tight to bottom. We where luck to have a 4 wheeler so search was made simple. Unfortunately we cannot make the fishoff! We concentrated the inside edges of the arms. Found lots of trees.

Offline BigBuckDown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2016, 02:19 PM »
The only spot we did good last year a a decent walk from the ramp! That's about all I know! Last year big perch was 13", so there is good fish in there!

For the tournament, are ice shacks allowed? Know some tournaments get strict about that. Also, does the lake allow minnows?

Offline EricB86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2016, 03:32 PM »
Shacks yes! Minnows I would guess no... We caught all our crappies on waxies! I'm going plastics this year, with waxies as my backup!

Offline Santa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2016, 04:53 PM »
Is the tournament Feb. 13th, and do they allow 4 wheelers and ice shacks. Also what is the starting time ?
Lot of questions maybe someone could post a flyer.

Offline BigBuckDown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2016, 09:03 PM »
Yes it is the 13th. No ATV's. Yes it sounds like ice shacks are allowed. Sign in time is between 6:00-7:00 a.m. Tournament is over at 1:00 p.m.

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2016, 07:49 AM »
You can use minnows as far as I know.  It's a great fishery. Regardless of how you finish, you will have fun fishing it. Really awesome lake.

Offline EricB86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2016, 01:39 PM »
Fishing Ponderosa after the tourney!  2 private lakes in the same day! That is a good day!!!

Offline BigBuckDown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 14, 2016, 12:57 PM »
How'd everyone do out there yesterday? Between 3 guys we probably caught close to 20 fish. Mainly perch and bluegill. Nothing of any size. Seen some impressive fish being caught by other people though!

Offline cyclones30

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 14, 2016, 07:29 PM »
We'd never been there before, ended up doing pretty well. Took home one prize and were just short on 2 others. I'd guess we caught maybe 30 fish a piece or more with some real nice ones, never setup we just kept hopping away from the crowds.

Offline BigBuckDown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 14, 2016, 09:50 PM »
What category did ya win? And yeah we'd never fished it before either so we really had no clue where to go. Had our best luck right next to the shack where they were measuring fish.

Offline IaCop

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I came, I saw, I fished....
« Reply #13 on: Feb 23, 2016, 11:07 AM »
I have the opportunity to fish here Saturday.  Unsure of how safe the ice is?

Offline cyclones30

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 23, 2016, 08:15 PM »
It's leaving in a hurry in the area. Many farm ponds and smaller lakes are wide open or mostly open south of 80. I'd guess it has ice, but with this forecast and waiting till Sat. I don't think I'd waste my time without calling ahead.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.