Author Topic: Cold one this weekend  (Read 2324 times)

Offline FishGuy603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Togue1
Cold one this weekend
« on: Feb 08, 2016, 06:39 PM »
Trying to get home this weekend to visit my parents. Was thinking of doing a little fishing on saturday and sunday, maybe bass and lakers, but it all depends on the conditions. Is anyone going out this weekend? It looks like it will be prevailing cold front conditions and I'm wondering if its worth heading out. I would sure love to test out my new transducer..... Tight lines!

Offline ssduramax66

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Cold one this weekend
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2016, 07:29 PM »
I'm pumped there is finally gonna be a good stretch of cold...going out Saturday or maybe Sunday with the gf for valentines day... How romantic is that!   :)

Offline FishGuy603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Togue1
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2016, 07:54 PM »
Very  ;D, as long as she likes to fish lol. And same, I can finally try out my transducer on my favorite 2 trap lake. Tight lines man and I hope you have a productive weekend!

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2016, 08:28 PM »
I know I'll be out. Love that Arctic blast. I love being out in that cold when everyone else stays home. I guess its part of the addiction we call Ice Fishing!
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline cperry807

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2016, 08:52 PM »
I'll be out Saturday through Monday

Offline FishGuy603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Togue1
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2016, 10:49 PM »
HuntnFish603, gotta love it. Will try to get a good bass or crappie morning bite on Saturday. The bass pond I know can get pretty windy and if it is, I will hit the crappie pond. Either ways, gotta get the ducer wet! Tight lines!

Offline Rando5512

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather go fishin'!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2016, 03:37 AM »
I'm on vacation starting Saturday so I'll be out for the whole week hopefully!

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2016, 06:05 AM »
I'm on vacation starting Saturday so I'll be out for the whole week hopefully!

Jealous!
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline OldCaveman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2016, 08:49 AM »
  I'm headed to the 1st Conn on Fri for the long weekend. Going to be COLD up in God's country
John

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 09, 2016, 09:08 AM »
I will be out both sat and sunday, hope the winds stay away. Im fine with the cold.
Salmonemia

Offline Nitro16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 09, 2016, 09:43 AM »
I will be out both sat and sunday, hope the winds stay away. Im fine with the cold.
I'm seeing windy all weekend. **censored**. Don't mind the cold but cold and windy on a big lake is no fun
Born to fish, forced to work....

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 09, 2016, 12:32 PM »
Things are definitely looking better for ice this weekend, I had planned on spending it on the ice but just heard back from the insurance adjuster... looks like I'll be truck shopping this weekend instead.
Big thumbs up to the plow driver that had too many beers to keep his junk between the ditches and totalled my Caddy while it sat 40 feet from the road in my buddies driveway last night. We need to instate the death penalty for DUI.
Good luck to everyone that can get out, be safe.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline FishGuy603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Togue1
« Reply #12 on: Feb 09, 2016, 04:10 PM »
Jeez, 800, sorry to hear that and I agree, too many idiots out on the road :(. Everyone else, good luck and tight lines! Most importantly, keep warm and safe

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 09, 2016, 06:14 PM »
sunday looks to be the worse of the weekend wind wise. find a protected cove to hide from the wind and hope the fish are there

Offline perch_slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 09, 2016, 06:21 PM »
I'm going on my first trout trip of the season sunday no matter how cold it is. will be posted up in the shack with the heat on
I hate my username. I made it when I was 14 and I dont know how to change it.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 09, 2016, 09:27 PM »
Things are definitely looking better for ice this weekend, I had planned on spending it on the ice but just heard back from the insurance adjuster... looks like I'll be truck shopping this weekend instead.
Big thumbs up to the plow driver that had too many beers to keep his junk between the ditches and totalled my Caddy while it sat 40 feet from the road in my buddies driveway last night. We need to instate the death penalty for DUI.
Good luck to everyone that can get out, be safe.
Sorry to hear about your rig, Stealth.
Agree that DUI penalties need some stiffening up!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 10, 2016, 08:13 AM »
Jeez, 800, sorry to hear that and I agree, too many idiots out on the road :(. Everyone else, good luck and tight lines! Most importantly, keep warm and safe
Sorry to hear about your rig, Stealth.
Agree that DUI penalties need some stiffening up!

Thanks guys, its just a truck but it took me a month to find the exact one I wanted and went to PA to get it but oh well... The part that really pissed me off was my buddy was snowblowing when I got to his house 20 minutes earlier... could have been him instead of the Caddy. I've already lost friends to scumbag drunk drivers... Don't need to loose any more. Be safe out there folks, not just on the ice but on your ride to it also... We're surrounded by morons that don't know when to hang up their keys.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline sgthoskins

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 10, 2016, 10:05 AM »
Clearly we need to ban plows   ;D
“The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government”

www.northeastshooters. com

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 10, 2016, 10:13 AM »
Franklin Pierce University gave us a long weekend with no school Monday so I'll be home fishing braving the cold front. Hopefully the fishing won't be slow! Hopefully I won't be a fool for trying to target trout !!
Tight Lines!

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 10, 2016, 12:57 PM »
If we have to deal with high winds, hopefully they will at least clear some of the snow off the ice...  will help with safety and ice formation.

Offline FishGuy603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Togue1
« Reply #20 on: Feb 10, 2016, 09:16 PM »
Franklin Pierce University gave us a long weekend with no school Monday so I'll be home fishing braving the cold front. Hopefully the fishing won't be slow! Hopefully I won't be a fool for trying to target trout !!

We should get together and fish this weekend

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Feb 10, 2016, 10:21 PM »
Definitely! I'll shoot you a text
Tight Lines!

Offline Dipstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ( jigging Joe)
« Reply #22 on: Feb 11, 2016, 08:18 AM »
Fishguy, I will be taking a couple of guys out from the Keene state fishing club. If you have interest they want to target bows and Lakers. I'm going to check Nubi early am, then meet them for an afternoon at silver. They don't have much experience, if any, so it could be interesting!

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Feb 11, 2016, 08:46 AM »
Fishguy, I will be taking a couple of guys out from the Keene state fishing club. If you have interest they want to target bows and Lakers. I'm going to check Nubi early am, then meet them for an afternoon at silver. They don't have much experience, if any, so it could be interesting!

With the weather that we are suppose to get with the wind and fishing at "Nubi" and them being "Newbies" I'm betting that this might be their last ice fishing trip for a while.  :o  Good luck.

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Feb 11, 2016, 09:09 AM »

I didn't know Keene had a fishing club, I almost started one at Franklin Pierce last year. Could be nice to link up with some fisherman nearby, let me know if you're ever around Pearly or Grassy!
Tight Lines!

Offline FishGuy603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Togue1
« Reply #25 on: Feb 11, 2016, 06:57 PM »
Dipstick, sounds good! Honestly, I haven't had too much luck fishing lakers through the ice but I know a tournament angler who is teaching me this stuff. He put me on a nice spot where I got a flag my first time out, it took out some line but I unfortunately missed him    :(. I went twice last year and only once this year for like 20 mins because of the wind. If I go, I'll be at Silver. Look for a green polar tip up and a blue lawn chair. I'll be in a green jacket and black snow pants. Come by and say hi, tight lines!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.