Author Topic: Ct getogether  (Read 1779 times)

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Ct getogether
« on: Feb 08, 2016, 05:31 AM »
Looking good for get together on sat. at Winchester. Cold all week then real cold Thursday. and fri. and sat. High sat. about 17 degrees. Dress warm , looking forward to meeting people and putting faces to names.

Offline Dave N.

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ct getogether
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2016, 09:06 AM »
Yuuuup, lookin real good.....maybe our host Metalfish will drop in in style by parachute. ;D...he has one jump already under his belt.....(yes Ian I did see that video on youtube...looked like fun)

Offline icechaser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2016, 03:48 PM »
Unfortunately I am on-call this weekend- so if someone in the new britain/Kensington area has no heat or frozen pipes; I have to go fix it quick-so no Winchester for me: sorry all- would've loved to meet more people- but I will be on crescent tomorrow morning; just not in the middle.

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2016, 04:44 PM »
Yuuuup, lookin real good.....maybe our host Metalfish will drop in in style by parachute. ;D...he has one jump already under his belt.....(yes Ian I did see that video on youtube...looked like fun)

Too cold for that, I would freeze solid!

Offline Icicle1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2016, 06:00 PM »
Icechaser. I'm like U. On call. Rolling the dice. Come on up. Take chances. I hear the cell reception there is minimal. OOPS. Never got call. :-)
Is it sometimes a fish being caught or you?

Offline icechaser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2016, 07:18 PM »
wish I could- need the work tho- unless you know someone who needs a good carpenter/tiler/ drywaller-remodeler+ repairman for like 20 an hour-enjoy it up there- I'm always out icefishin' somewhere-long as I got a tiny bit o' time+ some ice-

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Work was made for people who can't fish, I'm retir
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2016, 04:41 PM »
Nine guys showed,two old friends,the rest New ones.It was one of the coldest days we could have fished.we watched the cold front come across the lake about 11am,Temps dropped about 10* in Min's,30 mph winds with snow. The ice a good 5" except near shore,my wet right foot will tell that story. fishing was slow just a few stink logs. All of us sitting in a semi circle telling fish stories . PRICELESS. A hardier bunch of guys you will not find. ICE Shanty Connecticut Lives. Good call Metalfish      :tipup:  Ron  AKA ( octanehi5)

Offline icechaser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2016, 06:06 PM »
Sounds like good times- I actually got a call in the morning so I stayed close expecting more as it is arctic out there- happy to hear some fish came up; and hope to see a few of you all out there on the ice this season-

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2016, 06:48 PM »
Good times , good people. Not a lot of fish but good company. Windy , cold , striker hard water got a good test . Never cold actually sweated setting holes. I have a picture of the intrepid fisherman (minus me ) and will post tomorrow . Thank metal fish for setting this up ;D.

Offline ATrexOnTheIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • WOMAN SEEKS LARGEMOUTH BASS
« Reply #9 on: Feb 13, 2016, 07:04 PM »
You guys are awesome! and brave! i was able to make it up about 1pm hoping to chat but saw the conditions and wasn't brave enough for the walk out. looked like you were having fun- the heros of ice shanty ct for sure!

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2016, 07:53 PM »
Thought I saw someone start out and turn around. Wanted to meet you. Was good time and as long as we stayed out of wind it wasn't bad.

Offline wastingtime12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 13, 2016, 08:41 PM »
Besides the dismal fishing, it was an awesome time meeting everyone and spending the day on the ice!

Offline ATrexOnTheIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • WOMAN SEEKS LARGEMOUTH BASS
« Reply #12 on: Feb 13, 2016, 09:00 PM »
Thought I saw someone start out and turn around. Wanted to meet you. Was good time and as long as we stayed out of wind it wasn't bad.

Yep that was me. im pretty upset with myself for chickenin out def. wanted to meet you guys too! I was telling eiderz hopefully our paths will cross soon, as theres still plenty of time left after this cold snap. I was happy to see you guys see the plan through though!

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 13, 2016, 10:21 PM »
I would love to say thanks for all that showed up. I enjoyed meetin everyone that came out! I am bad with names but I think it was Tim and I that went on a fish search and found no biters. I had a blast! THANKS FOR COMIN Out \m/

Offline 78marcint

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 13, 2016, 10:49 PM »
I wish if next time u can do fishing on sunday thats my only day off :-(

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 14, 2016, 04:43 AM »
The intrepid fisherman minus metal and kube who were on a mission.

Offline thndrvlly

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Feb 14, 2016, 06:11 PM »
nice pics, wheres the grill?, gd day to test out the cold weather gear,

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 14, 2016, 07:52 PM »
Octane used my shanty as a cook tent .

Offline infamusc

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hard water fanatic
« Reply #18 on: Feb 15, 2016, 06:50 PM »
this is awesome. I wish I was able to go . thanks for all the effort in getting people together to share a dying sport

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 15, 2016, 06:59 PM »
Going to hit mashapaug Friday nite if the ice holds and I think it will. All comers welcome

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.