Author Topic: Peyton to the Colts "How DO You Like Me Now" song(Toby Keith)  (Read 750 times)

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Peyton to the >>>> Colts " How Do You Like Me Know". Yes I'm born/raised in Indiana but when they got rid of Peyton, that sat wrong with me. Not a Luck fan either.

The song is very fitting to Peytons winning the 50th SB. Toby sings his song to some old flame in a football stadium, in the song he says he took off to Tennessee, Peyton played for Tennessee. How fitting is this song for Peyton spitting in the Colts eye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3umaLe37-LE

Sorry folks for all the FB post, but ain't got nothing else to do, can't get back on the ice "YET".

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Peyton to the Colts " How DO You Like Me Now"
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2016, 09:45 PM »
 @)

Offline Musky50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2016, 09:52 PM »
In an age of me first athletes.....Manning is a true class act. That being said, the Broncos won this Super Bowl because of their defense. The Colts are in good hands with Luck for the next 10 or so years.

Offline Musky50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2016, 09:59 PM »
Colts fans are VERY spoiled. They had Manning during his best years, then have ONE bad year and are in position to draft the best QB prospect in many years.

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2016, 10:47 PM »
I can't put my finger on it, but there's something about Luck that rubs me wrong. Part of it I imagine is throwing Peyton away and replaceing with Luck, but there's something else. Could be that scrufty beard he wears, could be his stupid grin, or it could be something I'm not aware of, I just plain don't care for him. Maybe its because he looks like a doofus and his play doesn't impress me. He was supposed to be the new and improved Colts superman, he's not even close.

In my opinion they should of kept Peyton, let Luck be the backup so Peyton could of goomed him for a couple years. Luck could have learned allot from the Peyton.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline fishinater

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2016, 01:09 AM »
You took the words right out of my mouth Musky on all accounts. I've been patient all these years hoping Peyton would take home at least one more ring. I'll add that this win is especially pleasing to me because of all of the doubters. The analysts have said all year they can't beat the Packers they can't beat the Steelers they can't beat the Patriots and finally they definitely can't beat the Panthers. It just makes this one even sweeter to be the underdog and win.  The Sheriff came to town with Miller as his deputy. Go Broncos!

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2016, 02:00 AM »
I compare the Colts giving Peyton the boot and bringing in Luck to marriage. The wife got old so you divorce her and marry some young fluzzy. No respect is what it boils down to for me. The Old wife got the last laugh, she went out and found a new hubby and they hit the lottery.........

The Defense was one of the biggest reasons they won the game but they had one of the best leaders in Peyton. Without Peyton I don't think they would have won the SB. Inspiration is a great motivator for confedance and he inspired them to push harder.

Like I said, Peyton could have been a great mentor for Luck.

Offline Hermdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Hard, Die Happy
« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2016, 05:01 AM »
I can't put my finger on it, but there's something about Luck that rubs me wrong. Part of it I imagine is throwing Peyton away and replaceing with Luck, but there's something else. Could be that scrufty beard he wears, could be his stupid grin, or it could be something I'm not aware of, I just plain don't care for him. Maybe its because he looks like a doofus and his play doesn't impress me. He was supposed to be the new and improved Colts superman, he's not even close.

In my opinion they should of kept Peyton, let Luck be the backup so Peyton could of goomed him for a couple years. Luck could have learned allot from the Peyton.
Luck is living proof that cave men still walk among us!! :roflmao:

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Peyton to the Colts "How DO You Like Me Now" song(Toby Keith)
« Reply #8 on: Feb 08, 2016, 05:29 AM »
Personally if I were an owner I would of talked to Peyton and said hey I want you to retire as a colt youand know more about the game than anyone I've ever met or heard of. That being said even after your done as a QB I would like you to continue to be part of the program. Your injured and may never get back to perfect health would you be willing to take a pay cut to free up some money..... I'm sure something could of been worked out and an offense created with Peyton's master mind that he could of in fact retired and the Colts would of still been successful. As successful as the Broncos? No Colts have always been more of a out score the opponents hopefully the defense gets a few stops but offense can win the game. So Indy has always had that small defense quick but tiny. We would get owned time and time again by run plays. Seemed like we did ok against passing teams but the dang run games were painful..... Well Irsay decided Luck was the answer and he is a great QB. Doesn't have a line worth a darn kinda reminds me of Peyton when he first arrived spent more time on the ground watching his passes or ended up being sacked multiple times a game. Colts need some serious help everyone was all excited before the season with all the great players. I wasn't impressed in the least and even if Luck would of been 100% the whole season the outcome would still have been bout the same. Salary caps personel changes player changes...... What a pain in the rear. Then there's teams like the Patriots year after year they just get it done time and time again. They follow the same set of rules. Irsay imo isn't the best owner in the league by any means. I could see why there would be internal issues just by the way he acts publicly and with his addiction issues thrown into the mix doesn't help anything. He's making decisions that affect everything and he's probably higher than a kite the majority of the time. He gets it honestly however his dad was pretty much the same way maybe even a bit worse. It's awesome that Peyton ended up where he did he sure wouldn't of had a chance at another ring with the current personel or the roster. Indy is going to be struggling for quite awhile unless Irsay gets his business in order and starts making some intelligent decisions. Congrats Peyton!!

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 08, 2016, 06:52 AM »
Agreed.  I think the colts are a bit of a mess starting at the top. 

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 08, 2016, 07:33 AM »

Payton was one of the best quarter backs in the regular season, but the Colts  blew several opportunities in super bowl games because the team relied on Peyton and he had terrible protection from his linemen. Most of his injuries was lack of protection from the Colts offensive line. And their defense was never that great imo. It was a team built strictly for offense.

I bet when Manning watches the game on film and he sees the 7 sacks Newton received, he will be shouting "welcome to my world".  What made Carolina successful this season was the offensive line giving Newton plenty of time in the pocket. The Broncos tore that wall down and opened up a can of whoop ass.

Anyway, Glad to see PM won another ring with the Broncos and his (defensive line) carrying the way. I think it was a smart move leaving Indy. Now let's hope is quality of life post retirement does not suck as he ages. Read the article on Joe Montana, he is borderline crippled. Physically can not do much of anything.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #11 on: Feb 08, 2016, 09:55 AM »
The Luck family and the Manning families are actually pretty close.  Luck has been attending the manning camps for QB's since he was in middle school.  PM knew he may never play again due to his neck problem and if you don't think PM was instrumental in telling the colts brass to go get Luck when they had the chance you are kidding yourself.  It would have done Luck no good to ride the pine while manning was playing poorly ahead of him at Indy just because he was 'owed' that.  Give a healthy Luck the same level of skill players and olines PM had at Indy and Luck will do just fine.  Luck took them to the AFC title game last year with a crap defense and average at best WR's.  The Colts have a lot of issues but QB is not one of them.  PM was horrible this year and he was not good last night either.  The defense won the title for Denver and there are a lot of qbs that could have done what PM did this year and Denver still would have won the title.   I am glad he won another, but to say the colts made a mistake in getting luck when they could have is crazy. 

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 08, 2016, 10:03 AM »
I agree 100% Mike.

Offline Indyicer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 08, 2016, 12:23 PM »
It was an awful Performance from #18, he absolutely choked, again, but was bailed out by a top notch D.....1 for 13 on 3rd down, 0 TD's, about 100 yrds passing, 2 turnovers, those are choke #'s and would beget a loss most days....Don't credit Manning, it absolutely was another one of his big game choke jobs, he was just bailed out by the Defense this time, easily the worst performance by a winning QB in super bowl history, maybe the worst performance from any QB in super bowl history.

Offline spring bobber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Feb 08, 2016, 01:14 PM »
After all the years of carrying the Colts, he deserves to play with a good defense for once. He'd have more than a foot injury if he were behind center for this years colts thats for sure
Proud member of the Shiners!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/McLovinLife3

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.