Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Dubuque Area?  (Read 1407 times)

Offline icyclone

• IceShanty Rookie
Dubuque Area?
« on: Feb 07, 2016, 07:53 PM »
Hey guys I'll be moving to Dubuque soon (graduating and beginning real life) and I was wondering if anybody has any experience over there or knew of places to try?  I know the rivers right there but I'm skittish at the idea of ice over current.  Any help would be appreciated!

Offline prestonc

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Dubuque Area?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2016, 09:05 PM »
You're not coming into the best time of the year to learn it, but you need to find the areas with little to no current.  I don't know the area well, but there are several places like that in the Dubuque area.  sunfish lake, mud lake, there's also a little area across the river but below the dam by the barge (I can't think of the name), on the Dubuque side below the dam there's the marina.  On a good cold winter with little flow I have fished right below the dam (I think the 1000 foot marker).  Then you have bussy not far to the north.

Offline Crappyfishrman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2016, 08:13 AM »
Definetly stay off ice with current. Plenty of places around dubuque to ice fish. Zolliecoffers near mud lake, above the damn on the Wisconsin side is sunfish lake, on the backside of the dam on the Wisconsin side is o'learys. Working our way down the river on the Dubuque side there are 3 or 4 marinas that people fish. Then there is frenchress lake on the Illinois side, down from there is like 2-3 lakes to fish at the end of Menominee Rd like tippys lake. Little further is Massey station which can be good, that's on the Iowa side. There are more lakes further up the river and down. Good luck!

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2016, 04:45 PM »
theres also the Bertom Lake area by Cassville - just a short drive up river

Catchin' Fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.