Author Topic: 8lb rainbow on sqaum  (Read 9214 times)

Offline Jadler311

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 8lb rainbow on sqaum
« Reply #60 on: Feb 09, 2016, 02:14 PM »
Unreal. Great catch!

Offline ihunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Feb 09, 2016, 03:30 PM »
Huge, Congrats to him! By the looks of that picture, I've fished that very spot many times myself!

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #62 on: Feb 09, 2016, 05:07 PM »
I'm a little late to the party but congrats on a beautiful fish. 
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline FishSlayer20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Feb 09, 2016, 05:17 PM »
Huge, Congrats to him! By the looks of that picture, I've fished that very spot many times myself!

Hope to see everyone there this weekend! ;D
I will miss my wife this winter, I'll see her in the spring!

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Feb 09, 2016, 05:37 PM »

Unless he took the picture there and not from the spot it was really taken. Good troutzilla def wall  worthy
Salmonemia

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Feb 09, 2016, 06:11 PM »

What I get a kick out of is...

Everyone says that's a fish of a lifetime & most people know how incredibly slow the fishing is on that lake.

So what makes people think that if everyone rushes over there that there's another one there waiting to be caught? 

Seems to happen whenever and where ever a big fish gets caught.  ::)

Offline BuKhUnT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Feb 09, 2016, 06:15 PM »
Same as deer hunting... I will never understand it LOL Personally rather fish Somewere I don't have to worry about a crowd!
Scott P.

Offline BuKhUnT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Feb 09, 2016, 06:17 PM »
I'd really like to see thaqt thing on the scale, because there is no way that thing is 8lbs. I believe it to be much bigger or heavier than that I am serious that is a pig. I keep looking at it trying to see how in the world it is only 8lbs.

10LB easy!
Scott P.

Offline kl3377

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Feb 09, 2016, 07:25 PM »
WOW!
A watched lake never freezes.

Offline FishSlayer20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Feb 09, 2016, 07:31 PM »

Everyone says that's a fish of a lifetime & most people know how incredibly slow the fishing is on that lake.

So what makes people think that if everyone rushes over there that there's another one there waiting to be caught? 

There was a lot of sarcasm when I said that. But you and I know that is exactly how this weekend is going to play out!  Its "the OMG did you hear"  issue with the internet. Love seeing these big fish, makes me cringe seeing where they come from. look how many views it has. everyone is biting there nails to get a chance to catch a fish like this on squam this weekend.

Offline BuKhUnT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Feb 09, 2016, 07:37 PM »
But the real question is did it really come out of squam?? Maybe little squam, hmm maybe even winni hahahaha anything is possible and pictures can be taken anytime anywhere! Truth is in the hands of the hook setter  ;D...
Scott P.

Offline Mr.Harry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #71 on: Feb 09, 2016, 07:45 PM »
There was a lot of sarcasm when I said that. But you and I know that is exactly how this weekend is going to play out!  Its "the OMG did you hear"  issue with the internet. Love seeing these big fish, makes me cringe seeing where they come from. look how many views it has. everyone is biting there nails to get a chance to catch a fish like this on squam this weekend.
and let them! You never know where the 'next one' will come from. I'd rather be pounding a 'slow lake' for the 'next one' than the last 'slow lake' getting pounded everyone. Same rule applied to my choices in dating back in college. Let them chase the dragon.

Offline FishSlayer20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Feb 09, 2016, 07:47 PM »
and let them! You never know where the 'next one' will come from. I'd rather be pounding a 'slow lake' for the 'next one' than the last 'slow lake' getting pounded everyone. Same rule applied to my choices in dating back in college. Let them chase the dragon.
HAHAHA :bow:

Offline tunaking

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #73 on: Feb 09, 2016, 08:07 PM »

Come on Keith you know deep down that there will be eight and ten pound rainbows flopping all over the ice there this weekend! I have no doubt there is or was a fish of that size in there as well as in most if not all of the other big lakes that F&G stocks. You also can't rule out the tributaries of these same lakes as fish that size want out of the lake according to the biologists which could be why you don't see more that size taken. What I find very interesting is a guy that lives in a town that happens to have a seldom heard of lake which also has great potential to harbor a fish that size joins a site and in less than a week posts a picture of a huge fish that someone else caught and tells where it was taken. Not saying it didn't happen but I've found that when you are up to your neck in crap or catching fish that would attract a crowd it is best to keep your mouth closed.       

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Feb 09, 2016, 08:20 PM »
interesting thread
There must be a twelve step program for this

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Feb 09, 2016, 08:41 PM »
Unless this lived in the ocean for a few years and came to this lake to spawn, I don't think you can classify it as a "steelhead"
Reminds me of "liberal" professors.
Read the book but really don't have a clue.  ::)
Although I agree with you in this particular instance, Champ and Lake O both have metal heads that have never seen the salt. The "big lake" is their ocean.

I've found that when you are up to your neck in crap or catching fish that would attract a crowd it is best to keep your mouth closed. 

:bow: :bow: 

Offline ToadMaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #76 on: Feb 09, 2016, 09:58 PM »
Unbelievable catch. Biggest rainbow I've seen in my life

Offline Eskimo6120

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FLAAG!
« Reply #77 on: Feb 09, 2016, 10:18 PM »
Seems everyone's talking about having there this weekend, maybe it's about time i jump borders.. Nice catch

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #78 on: Feb 12, 2016, 03:11 PM »
The spot burning comments are funny.  There is so much more to fishing than the mere location.  By the looks of things, that pic isn't even on Squam.  My guess is a little further down stream. Just my .02 cents.
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline Icicle1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Feb 12, 2016, 03:13 PM »
Beast.
Is it sometimes a fish being caught or you?

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Feb 12, 2016, 03:42 PM »
The spot burning comments are funny.  There is so much more to fishing than the mere location.  By the looks of things, that pic isn't even on Squam.  My guess is a little further down stream. Just my .02 cents.

It is funny to watch... Sad though that it happens on so many ponds/lakes these days Thanks to social media.  ::)

Just Glad there are so many options to fish here in NH where you can still find a little solitude when You fish and enjoy the scenery if the fishing is slow.

Offline FishSlayer20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Feb 12, 2016, 04:22 PM »
The problem isn't IS, its that this thing went viral on every Facebook fishing page possible in the sate of NH. I do not think anyone commenting on this cares where it came from or plan on heading there but the viewers might!

Offline jgguppyboy2

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ice ice baby!
« Reply #82 on: Feb 12, 2016, 04:31 PM »
awesome fish!!   I love how people think because one giant fish gets caught there's 50 more there just waiting to be caught!  Just like hunting!  Someone shoots a big buck and the place is a parking lot!  LOL

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #83 on: Feb 12, 2016, 04:34 PM »
awesome fish!!   I love how people think because one giant fish gets caught there's 50 more there just waiting to be caught!  Just like hunting!  Someone shoots a big buck and the place is a parking lot!  LOL

Exactly, when in reality your chances have now declined because deer/fish was taken or now educated
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Feb 12, 2016, 05:09 PM »
Exactly, when in reality your chances have now declined because deer/fish was taken or now educated

As I mentioned earlier in the thread... People call it a "Fish of a Lifetime" and I think we all agree that's exactly what it is.

Ironic thing is...If its a fish of a lifetime? Why do people think if they all rush over there that the odds/chances of catching another one have gotten any better?

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #85 on: Feb 12, 2016, 05:11 PM »
As I mentioned earlier in the thread... People call it a "Fish of a Lifetime" and I think we all agree that's exactly what it is.

Ironic thing is...If its a fish of a lifetime? Why do people think if they all rush over there that the odds/chances of catching another one have gotten any better?

Maybe they know there life expectancy  ::) ;D
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #86 on: Feb 12, 2016, 05:24 PM »
Maybe they know there life expectancy  ::) ;D

Maybe???

I think they have an app for that on Facebook now too?  ::)

Offline Bushman12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #87 on: Feb 12, 2016, 05:27 PM »
Awesome fish way to go

Offline ihunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #88 on: Feb 12, 2016, 05:32 PM »
There were at least 10-12 people fishing that spot on Thursday. It's not a giant area, so I'll be curious to see how many are there on derby weekend?

Offline FishSlayer20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #89 on: Feb 12, 2016, 05:39 PM »
There were at least 10-12 people fishing that spot on Thursday. It's not a giant area, so I'll be curious to see how many are there on derby weekend?
Crazy to think someone would do that to another man's fishing spot, almost like sleeping with his lady. Well that is how I feel at least.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.