Author Topic: honey holes  (Read 1755 times)

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
honey holes
« on: Feb 07, 2016, 01:16 PM »
Alright fellas there's not too much ice right now and I'm sure theclirkers are out in full force. I was just wanting someone to give up there honey hole. I mean I'm not asking for the lake I'm interested in your best spots as I don't have time to drill the whole lake looking for your spot. Also what color jig?size? Jigging cadence? What do you usually catch outta the hole?

Offline MrHoosier

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: honey holes
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2016, 01:26 PM »
 ???

Offline bubbagill

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Marking Reds, Catching Greens.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2016, 01:28 PM »
Leesburg gravel pit.  Way out in the middle.  14" gills all day long, with ocassional 3lb crappie mixed in. 
Marking Reds, catching Greens.
HOLY COW.  Go Cubs Go.

Offline MrHoosier

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2016, 01:36 PM »
Leesburg gravel pit.  Way out in the middle.  14" gills all day long, with ocassional 3lb crappie mixed in.

Who actually wastes their time catching those dinky 14" gills?? Seems like it would take too many to make a meal  :-\

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2016, 01:43 PM »
How much ice is on the Leesburg pit? Could I get someone to come pick me up as I don't have the gas. I would also appreciate it if I could borrow a pole. Maybe a vex?

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2016, 01:48 PM »
Huh?

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2016, 02:32 PM »
Jigging cadence? Sounds difficult I just throw the bare hook in a hole and then make a cup of coffee in the Coleman propane coffee maker. Fish love it they start yanking on the line. It's like magic! Jigging cadence.....  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Now the flavor of the coffee on the makes a huge difference!

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2016, 02:35 PM »
Ok then what kind of coffee?

Offline goathead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 2016, 02:51 PM »
If you pack the lunch and get the beer , I'll be by about 430 tomorrow morning. Just wait out front and I'll be there

Offline rivereddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 07, 2016, 03:21 PM »
crappies runnin' small this year eh?

need new drag washers

rivereddy

Offline bubbagill

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 07, 2016, 04:05 PM »
How much ice is on the Leesburg pit? Could I get someone to come pick me up as I don't have the gas. I would also appreciate it if I could borrow a pole. Maybe a vex?
Do you also need some one to drill holes find fish and Bait the hook?  I sure as heck hope your not serious.   This is a joke right?
HOLY COW.  Go Cubs Go.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 07, 2016, 04:09 PM »
Straight out from the ramp and slightly to the right!

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 07, 2016, 04:10 PM »
Really you're thatvgullable Lmao. Yea I'm just kidding. Probably put 200 fish in the freezer already this year. It was a funny hence the others posting about Leesburg hello!!!👐😂😂😂😂😂

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 07, 2016, 04:13 PM »
Oh that was you bubba no I don't need any new spots I've worked hard over the years and I have quite a few northeast indiana lakes that I know pretty well. It was meant as a funny everyone always wanting to know lakes. (not looking for your honey hole just a place I can fish) that's what the funny is about. Relax bubba

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 07, 2016, 04:14 PM »
Straight out from the ramp and slightly to the right!
Hamilton?

Offline trophytaker1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 07, 2016, 04:51 PM »
There were a couple of vehicles parked at the pit this morning.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 07, 2016, 05:01 PM »
Hamilton?

Works at Hamilton and several other crappie hot spots!  Stinky usually goes a little to the left though, he brings them in with the coffee!!

Offline bubbagill

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Feb 07, 2016, 05:08 PM »
Oh that was you bubba no I don't need any new spots I've worked hard over the years and I have quite a few northeast indiana lakes that I know pretty well. It was meant as a funny everyone always wanting to know lakes. (not looking for your honey hole just a place I can fish) that's what the funny is about. Relax bubba
Im the most relaxed fella in the world lol.  I had hoped it was a joke, but You'd be surprised how many post are made here every year just like your post and the op is serious as a heart attack.  I have an auger you can borrow too lol  :P
HOLY COW.  Go Cubs Go.

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 07, 2016, 05:13 PM »
Got a tip long ago, works sometimes. Get a little extra flavor on that bait, before you reach for the bait scratch your bottom or pick ur nose. Sticking finger in ear doesn't work they don't like that earwax flavor.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 07, 2016, 05:15 PM »
Works at Hamilton and several other crappie hot spots!  Stinky usually goes a little to the left though, he brings them in with the coffee!!

I was thinking Fox!

Offline Zktaylor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Feb 07, 2016, 05:17 PM »
Got a tip long ago, works sometimes. Get a little extra flavor on that bait, before you reach for the bait scratch your bottom or pick ur nose. Sticking finger in ear doesn't work they don't like that earwax flavor.

I keep my whole can of spikes between my cheeks. Keeps em nice and warm and give them an interesting aroma! :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Feb 07, 2016, 05:31 PM »
You guys can joke all u want but all I have to do is have a little pep rally and let my spikes know that when the fish opens his mouth swim in and you'll become a fly. Works every time. Well almost everyone and when that doesn't work I just spit some backy' on em' :P

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 07, 2016, 05:35 PM »
I was thinking Fox!
little to the left yep lol

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Feb 08, 2016, 06:07 AM »
little to the left yep lol

That's where everyone else goes..... The honey hole to the right!

Offline walleyepac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • its what u learn after u kno it all is what counts
« Reply #24 on: Feb 08, 2016, 07:41 AM »
I have always wondered about that Hole

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Feb 08, 2016, 08:15 AM »
Location: Round lake straight out from the launch in the channel!
Lure: 3 oz. Diamond spoon
Cadence: Rip it 4 to 6 ft.... Wear eye protection!
Fish I Catch: Goliath Grouper, Pompano and Tarpon
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline SexiVexi28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Feb 08, 2016, 08:46 AM »
Try hitting up Kroger Lake. Start at the "entrance" and there's a hot spot all the way in the back. There's always fish there. The best thing is you don't even have to fillet them!
Lets Go Fishing! ><((((º>

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Feb 08, 2016, 09:02 AM »
Here's mine:
47.918, -88.210

Just plug 'er into you GPS and hit go!!(But take lots of line)
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline slabslayer77

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Take a kid fishing and they are hooked for life.
« Reply #28 on: Feb 08, 2016, 09:24 AM »
Go about ten miles east and take a right at the downed tree that looks like a crossed eyed owl. Head straight until the dirt road ends. Now you will need to walk about 200 yards through briars pulling your gear and watch out for the landowner since he likes to fire his gun in your direction. Don't worry though, he is just saying hello and is aiming high. He only hit my buddy once with birdshot, but we think it was an accident.

By now your at the lake and ready to head to the secret spot. On be careful because this lake has a ton of springs and the ice can be a little crazy. Head 100 paces straight out, 32 paces right, 10 paces left, 32 paces left, 10 paces left, and 10 paces left. No your at the best fishing you've ever seen. Drill 8 holes in the shape of a stop sign with one hole dead in the middle. Only fish the middle hole though or you will scare the fish. You need a minimum of 10lb test pink line with a peach 10mm jig head on a number 10 treble hook. Don't worry, all the fish are big enough to get this in there mouth.

Since this lake is on a fault line, the fish are use to vibrations. You have to jig like a crazy to even get them to look your way. We like to start with an 18 inch up and down motion as fast as we can go and increase from there until we catch the first fish. As for size of the fish, I'll list out the averages we see: 15" Gills, !8" Crappies, 30" Walleye, 14" Perch, 15 " Red ear.

Good Luck and I hope this helps you out.
Pro Staff for 3 Northern Jigs

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Feb 08, 2016, 10:04 AM »
Franke Park

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.