The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Saturday Trip  (Read 857 times)

Offline PeterSaloom

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Saturday Trip
« on: Feb 07, 2016, 07:05 AM »
With ice as bad as it has been in NC MA, We took the drive in search for ice. With a little luck and a bunch of help from other members on this site, we were on good solid ice within about 100 miles. Set up at 7:00am as the sun was coming over the trees and immediately got into the perch on the jigging rods. A lot of tiny ones but we ended up with a pair of jumbos for dinner. Flags were steady all morning and tapered off into the afternoon. Actually got to say hi to a few other shanty members, MillBillyMan, Manitron, and I believe IceHole was there as well. We wrapped things up at 3:00 to make the long drive home. Fantastic day to be outside. No trophies but a bunch of fish to keep us busy and good weather to boot! Now it's back to work and getting the gear prepped for next week.

:tipup: :tipup:
Cheers,

Pete

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
Re: Saturday Trip
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2016, 10:19 AM »
Slow slow day, I was first on the ice and I picked the wrong spots lol. I ended up moving all 5 traps to another guys old holes and landed a decent bass and a pickerel. Good company and good weather, and solid ice!

Offline PeterSaloom

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2016, 07:10 AM »
Nice bass. That is probably the lunker of the day!  :tipup:
Cheers,

Pete

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2016, 11:50 AM »
Nice bass. That is probably the lunker of the day!  :tipup:
I think so too ,had mine beat by a bit. As long as someone's catching bass I'm happy.  Nice to meet you too Pete !

Offline JimC

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2016, 10:25 PM »
Turtle food by the looks of it. :o

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.