Author Topic: lake of the woods minnesota  (Read 2418 times)

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
lake of the woods minnesota
« on: Feb 06, 2016, 07:05 PM »
 I have a sleeper shack booked for myself and a few of my friends the last weekend of February. Staying at a place called Fred's beds.  It's definitely going to be a new experience for us. I can't wait. Any of you guys been there?
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline Big Buck

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: lake of the woods minnesota
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2016, 07:22 PM »
Im there the same week end hopefully the bite is still on!!!!

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2016, 08:01 PM »
Who are you staying with?

Offline Big Buck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2016, 08:11 PM »
Freds Beds.-We start fishing on sun the 28th and leave wed the 2nd. Cant wait!!!!

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2016, 08:19 PM »
I've looked at their site before. They look like nice cabins. I'm looking forward to both your reports. Good luck!

Offline capaige

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2016, 08:29 PM »
Friends of mine were up there not that long ago. He was using red jigs that I made for him...he was catching more then his buddies. Good luck.

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2016, 01:58 PM »
Headed out tomorrow afternoon. Wish us luck!

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 24, 2016, 06:37 PM »
Good luck to you guys! Stay safe and have fun.

Offline Big Buck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 24, 2016, 07:03 PM »
Good luck!!! I am leaving early sat morning keep me posted on hot lures. We start fishing sun morning. Cant wait!!! Hopefully you have good driving weather!!!

Offline Tikkaman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 24, 2016, 07:31 PM »
Good luck!

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 25, 2016, 05:10 AM »
Good luck and enjoy the trip.  Let us know how you do.  I would love to fish that water some day.

Offline Flintlocker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 28, 2016, 01:34 PM »
I'm heading to Leech Lake area in a couple of weeks. Crossing my fingers that the ice is still good.

Offline Big Buck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 29, 2016, 08:45 AM »
SLOW SLOW SLOW!!!!!

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 29, 2016, 07:33 PM »
Good Luck guys, be safe and smart.
Tom

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 29, 2016, 07:37 PM »
SLOW SLOW SLOW!!!!!

Hopefully, you are fishing again before the front rolls through. Good luck.   :tipup:

Offline potatoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 29, 2016, 08:10 PM »
I would love to make this trip next year early ice with my son, can you guys give us reviews when you get back

Have fun on your trips

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Mar 01, 2016, 03:47 PM »
  I just got back last night. What an adventure. I had a great time with some great friends. Fishing was extremely slow. Between 4 of us we were able to scrape together enough small saugers for a good meal by the end of the second night. Big fish was an 18.5 inch eye. All others below 15 inches. Also got a 8 whitefish to try in the smoker.
  We did have several issues with our service. On day one we arrived a half hour early of our scheduled 7 a.m. start. Ended up having breakfast beers at the bar until 8:30 because the guys in our sleeper were hung over and late getting out. When we arrived at our sleeper we found one of the chairs were broke. He stopped by shortly after  to drop off bait and said he would get us another. Didn't see him again until I texted him at ten the next morning to remind him we needed a chair and more bait. He stopped again at the end of the second night to see how we did. He said it was slow everywhere but a couple of the houses that were shallower did better and said he would let us fish out of one of them on our last day. Our last day came and after not marking a fish by I ten I texted to see if we where still going to move. He replied ya, I will be out to talk to you in a few. He never showed up. We watched out the Windows as he moved all of his other houses to the area he said he would move us to. I texted him after we where done for the day to let him know we were heading out early and he needed to come get his payment. When he showed up he said the guys shallow didn't do any good anyway. Pretty sure he could tell we were pissed. He did cut us a break on the price but no break would have made up for not being put in the best situation to catch fish. I wouldn't recommend Fred's beds but I would go back. I also won't go back in February, which we were told was the worst month.  Hope your doing better than us big buck!

Offline potatoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Mar 01, 2016, 05:46 PM »
good info thanks for report

Offline Big Buck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Mar 02, 2016, 09:28 AM »
I hate to say it but the report is spot on! We still had a great time nothing better than fishing,sleeping,and drinking on the ice! Will definitely be back on that lake. Our largest fish was 16 and a few at 14 there were some nice fish caught south of us. We had a great fish fry and enough for another we landed around 50 fish. Thanks for your report fishinator keep in touch we are thinking early jan next year-fish on fellas!!!

Offline anglure

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Mar 02, 2016, 10:05 AM »
Thanks for the reports guys ! Sorry to hear about the slow fishin and some questionable service........  Sounds like a good effort was made to keep the situation a positive !   KUDOS for that alone !!!

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Mar 05, 2016, 01:10 PM »
Its all about the trip guys, fish are just a bonus. Memories last a life time, fish only last till dinner lol.
Thanks for sharing.
Tom

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.