The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Striker Floating Suits  (Read 4136 times)

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
Striker Floating Suits
« on: Feb 05, 2016, 06:56 PM »
With all the sketchy ice, if you are in the market for a floating suit, Strikers are on sale at Fish307

http://www.fish307.com/brands/Striker-Ice.html

They also have Kahtoolas on sale

http://www.fish307.com/kahtoola-microspikes-traction-footwear-black/
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
Re: Striker Floating Suits
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2016, 07:11 PM »
I'll be wearing mine tomorrow! 

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2016, 08:22 PM »
Picked up a pair of their fully submersible tip-up gloves. But more for spring/fall trips

Offline FishingWorcester4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2016, 03:15 AM »
I have been looking around for a floating bib or jacket. I cant afford both, but if you had to chose which would be a priority? The mannequins look like there shivering, thats not a good selling point for a jacket lol.
Fishing....A jerk on one end and a jerk on the other.

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2016, 06:26 AM »
Same here. This looks like a good deal not sure if they are ever cheaper than this but I've never been in the market. Which model do you guys wear? Climate, hardwater, or predator? I do alot of jigging which means I drill alot of holes and move around. But I also use tip ups and lay low if weather is bad. If someone can point me in the right direction, I may pull the trigger.
Just add water.

Offline 200fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2016, 06:28 AM »
Go with the bibs.

I have the Predators. Plenty warm and you can layer a bit if temps are extreme.

Those are great prices, by the way. And free shipping!
"Indecision may or may not be my problem"  -Jimmy Buffett

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2016, 06:36 AM »
I have hard water jacket , never been so warm. Sat out in 20 degree with 20 - 25 mph winds. Light long Jon shirt , reg shirt and was toasty all day. Just ordered the predator bibs as I need less insulation down low . Like the construction , better than my old Arctic armor . On sale for great price , was gonna wait till next year but price too good.

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 2016, 06:46 AM »
If you can only get one, get the bibs. I got the Hardwaters because the are made with 600D Endura vs the 320D Tussor on on the Predators. The hardwater also has a little more insulation.

I also have the Hardwater jacket. This thing is WARM!. I dont recall ever being cold in this suit. However I think you can get away with a lighter coat. If i could go back i would probably go with the Guardian Jacket and Hardwater Bibs.

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #8 on: Feb 06, 2016, 06:52 AM »
I would get the set and may actually donit right now. I don't see the predator bibs in any other size than medium anyways. So do you recommend the climate set or the hardwater set? I am 5'11" and 200lbs. I am thinking the xtra large in both. Anyone agree?
Just add water.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Feb 06, 2016, 06:57 AM »
You're not going to beat those prices. 

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Feb 06, 2016, 07:00 AM »
I would get the set and may actually donit right now. I don't see the predator bibs in any other size than medium anyways. So do you recommend the climate set or the hardwater set? I am 5'11" and 200lbs. I am thinking the xtra large in both. Anyone agree?

Give Striker Ice a call for sizing. You want to order to your dimensions. Dont assume leaving space for layers. Im 5'8 and 140lbs and i got the mediums and was swimming in them. The smalls fit perfect.

If you have the money I would say get the Climate coat and hardwater bibs. That way if its a warmer day you can remove the liner from the coat, and just use the vent zippers on the bibs. The only time I have ever been to warm in the bibs was last week when it was 55deg out.

Offline elevatorman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Cynical people make bad friends.
« Reply #11 on: Feb 06, 2016, 07:05 AM »
I ordered  the climate  bibs and jacket. Thanks for the heads up. :tipup:
A Country boy can Survive.

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #12 on: Feb 06, 2016, 07:14 AM »
If I could only order one then it would be the jacket.  I only put the bibs on when the weather gets really cold or wet.  My jacket goes with me on every outing.  I just feel to constricted in the bibs and only want to wear them when I have to.  I don't mean that as a criticism for the Striker, I feel that way about all bibs.

In the end, if I were only going to buy one, I would get the jacket.  You should buy witch ever one you think YOU will wear the most because if you aren't wearing it, then it doesn't do you any good.

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

"We're going to sit around the shanty mama...."  Johnathan Edwards

"If you are going out there to figure it all out by yourself, well, ice has a
 learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline WNY D

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 06, 2016, 07:43 AM »

SHaRPS... I went through a similar decision process on which to get.  The hardwater is going to be more durable (outer shell material) and the climate more flexible (zip out liners).  Here in western NY we do not get the bone-chilling temperatures that our pals in the upper Midwest deal with.  I also use a flip over shanty most of the time when fishing with my son.  So the climate was a better option for me.  The shell is still plenty durable and I have yet to wear the liners.  If we were to get extremely low temperatures or I plan to hole hop alone, the liners can be put back in.

We are of similar size as I'm 6'0" and 205 lbs.  I went with the large in both bibs and jacket.  For me it was the correct fit based upon the limited amount of layering needed.  It feels fitted but not tight on my frame with my base layer.  If you prefer a loose fit, the XL may be better for you.  My old Frabill suit was XL and it always felt way too loose in the jacket.  I sold it to a pal and put the money towards my Striker set.
The older I get, the better I was.

Offline Ash82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 06, 2016, 08:26 AM »
Whoa! This is a pretty great deal. Thanks Will. I have a silly question though. How would the floating work if I had the bibs but not the jacket!? Meaning the buoyancy comes from my legs and torso and not shoulders..would I float legs up? :)

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15 on: Feb 06, 2016, 08:55 AM »
Im headed past their store in a few hours....might be time...

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #16 on: Feb 06, 2016, 09:13 AM »
Best money I have spent on ice gear since getting a flasher!  (and probably the smartest ever)

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline Tbone9

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 06, 2016, 09:24 AM »
That is a great deal. I got the hard water jacket n bibs and don't know how I got by this long without them. I was worried they may be too hot but I just unzip the pant legs from top down a little and unzip the armpit vents. They really thought of everything. Pockets galore as well.
Always trying to catch those light bitin lethargic sons of fishes.

Offline 200fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Feb 06, 2016, 09:26 AM »
Whoa! This is a pretty great deal. Thanks Will. I have a silly question though. How would the floating work if I had the bibs but not the jacket!? Meaning the buoyancy comes from my legs and torso and not shoulders..would I float legs up? :)
If you can get your arms/elbows up on the ice, the bibs should float your legs up. That's a lot better than trying to tread water with your feet kicking. Theoretically, it should make it easier to get up onto the safer ice. I think. :-\
"Indecision may or may not be my problem"  -Jimmy Buffett

Offline FishingWorcester4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Feb 06, 2016, 09:31 AM »
Whoa! This eis a pretty great deal. Thanks Will. I have a silly question though. How would the floating work if I had the bibs but not the jacket!? Meaning the buoyancy comes from my legs and torso and not shoulders..would I float legs up? :)
Thats pretty much the same concern I have when I said priority. I want float gear to stay alive.
Fishing....A jerk on one end and a jerk on the other.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20 on: Feb 06, 2016, 09:32 AM »
200 I don't think there is a right or wrong answer, you just do what you have to.  Striker says you'll float with just the bibs.

Offline capedeer/fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Feb 06, 2016, 09:53 AM »
I have the Arctic armour....tested them out I'm open water in summer...very impressed. If I had to choose one...I'd choose bibs...more coverage...and I hardly ever keep the jacket on.

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Feb 06, 2016, 10:26 AM »

Only if u got a bowling ball for head lol

Offline Dschofield91

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Have an Ice day!
« Reply #23 on: Feb 06, 2016, 11:36 AM »
Bummer. They just called to cancel my order because they're out of 2XL

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24 on: Feb 06, 2016, 01:35 PM »
My wallet thanks you.  One set less guys!  Just stopped at the store...9 sets sold today before mine!

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #25 on: Feb 06, 2016, 01:39 PM »
My wallet thanks you.  One set less guys!  Just stopped at the store...9 sets sold today before mine!

You wont regret it.  Mine is from the very first version and admittedly it had a few issues that have since been resolved but even so it is one of the smartest pieces of kit I own.

Offline derekinhawaii

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Feb 06, 2016, 04:26 PM »
I have a full set of Striker Ice (jacket and Bibs).  I always saw that if I feel through the ice I would die of hyperthermia but at least they will be able to get my body.  Thankfully I haven't needed to float yet.   Note that they do run a little big.  I believe I paid $800 total.  I have the Real Tree brown color.... no one else has this color on the ice so it's easy for my friends to find me pulling up those huge fish..... yah right!!

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27 on: Feb 06, 2016, 04:39 PM »
Yup yup, 4th season with mine. I havent had any issues.

Offline capedeer/fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Feb 06, 2016, 04:53 PM »
GLAD so many are buying floating gear.........GREAT JOB guys! Looks like they coulda used em today in Wisconsin..........any one seeing this mayhem...just as day was ending.......20 plus vehichles ......all through the ice!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.