Author Topic: Hand Held GPS  (Read 583 times)

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Hand Held GPS
« on: Feb 04, 2016, 06:27 PM »
What hand held GPS do you use?  Ive been using the Delorme PN-40 for a few years, but the screen size seems to be getting smaller and more difficult to read each year.  It must shrink in the cold!

Im looking for a large, accurate, easy to read screen GPS that has good battery life.  What do you use?  Good software to support it is key.  My Delorme is great, but not for beginners...

Thanks

kb
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
Re: Hand Held GPS
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2016, 06:58 PM »
Garmin Montana 650T here. I've had it for a few years now with no problems. Contrary to many reviews about the screen, I really like the large touch screen. It brings me right back to the waypoints I've marked out on the ice. Pretty $pricey$ unit, but I didn't have to buy it as it was a x-mas gift. Tons of great units on the market these days. Just find the one with all the features you want that fits your budget. Good luck in your search !!

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2016, 07:31 PM »
What's the battery life?? 
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2016, 11:18 PM »
When I have it out on the ice for the day it's about 50% & when I get home I recharge it. I did have it on a 10 day camping trip last summer where it got used 4 - 6 hours per day & I only charged it one time the whole trip. Of course outside temps play a big part in battery life summer vs. winter. Battery life has been fine for me.....no complaints. Sorry I couldn't be more specific. Hope this helps !!

Offline Klunker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 29, 2016, 07:36 PM »
Anyone using the garmin 64s?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.