The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ice Conditions: Arrowhead Mountain Lake  (Read 906 times)

Offline perch bait

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lil' Crayfish
Ice Conditions: Arrowhead Mountain Lake
« on: Feb 04, 2016, 05:55 PM »
How's the ice holding up on the ol' River Reservoir? Anyone been up that way recently? Thinking about heading there on Saturday, but if safe ice is going to be an issue then I won't waste my time. Saw a couple of 4 Wheelers out there last time I was up that way, but didn't get to wet a line to see how thick the ice was. Any info. would be helpful. Thanks. PB
Perch bait- a small minnow that can have big results in the ice fishing game.  :icefish:
My Blog: https://jacobcrawford8.wixsite.com/pboutdooradventure

Offline mudchuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Ice Conditions: Arrowhead Mountain Lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2016, 06:03 PM »
OB, I live right up the road from the highbridge and pass it everyday, I'd give it a few days of below freezing at night and maybe then it will be safe again. edges are gone and things are spongy and you know the current under the ice isn't helping things.
some open water near the highbridge again and the chunks are flowing again.

Offline perch bait

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lil' Crayfish
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2016, 09:21 AM »
Checked the lake yesterday and the edges were destroyed like you said. All of the water level changes really wreaked havoc on the ice right next to shore and caused it to sink below the surface of the water. Even if I was able to get out past the edges, I still wouldn't trust the sun beaten ice. You never know where a weak spot might of formed. Decided to just pull my sled back up the hill and head back to my grandparents house.
Perch bait- a small minnow that can have big results in the ice fishing game.  :icefish:
My Blog: https://jacobcrawford8.wixsite.com/pboutdooradventure

Offline dlj01260

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2016, 08:00 AM »
Has anyone been out to the bottom part of arrowhead lately? How's the ice condition and the bite?
Dylan

Offline flag802

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2016, 05:54 PM »
Never iced fished out there before, I've only fished it in the summer. I was wondering about trying to fish walleye out there. would like to get there next week.. would the the high bridge access or the lower part be better. Thanks

Offline pikeslayer31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2016, 06:53 PM »
Highbridge access would be pretty risky because of the current. You're better off at the Milton side (Away from the Dam)

Offline flag802

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2016, 09:29 PM »
Yeah that currents really strong. The access for the lower part is right past the damn store right? Is there walleye in that section though?

Offline 1023ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2016, 10:44 PM »
I'm old, but that use to be the "best keep secret " for "eys" ..... Be careful ... Especially this year because of poor ice conditions.... First couple hours after dark were all you needed for a limit

Offline flag802

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 2016, 05:56 AM »
Sorry about that :P. I guess all try the lower part this weekend.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.