Author Topic: Clam hub poles  (Read 2658 times)

Offline DannerAK

• IceShanty Rookie
Clam hub poles
« on: Feb 04, 2016, 02:57 PM »
Somehow I lost one of the poles to my Clam bigfoot XL4000T.  I don't fully understand how it fell out of the assembly and then folded up tent, or how I missed seeing it thereafter.  I parked on the ice and anchored the tent to my truck.  I took the tent down and placed it directly into the back of my truck with topper. From there it went into my garage.  The next day I went out to a different lake and when I set it up, the pole was gone.  I have yet to drive out to the lake where I setup to try and find it, but that may happen this evening. Unlikely to find it as it has either blown away, sank into one of the holes upon dis-assembly, or was picked up by another angler.

I went to the Clam website to order a new pole and found them out of stock.  Instead I thought I'd buy a hub pole kit containing 4 poles and other potentially useful spare parts.  The price of shipping ended up being nearly 3 times the price of the product. High prices for shipping to AK is understood, but I can't pay $70 shipping for a $25 item.  So I emailed their customer service and received a call back very quickly. The options I was given weren't great; contact dealers about ordering the parts through them potentially at a lower price, or pay the website price. 

So, I'm wondering if there is a potential replacement pole that I can get locally (anchorage/valley) that will work as well as the original clam pole.  It needs to be 51" long. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Clam hub poles
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2016, 03:01 PM »
You can try grainger over off of c street, I have heard of guys in the past get spare fiberglass poles from them.  It's worth a shot.
I was born an Alaskan I just didn't live here at the time.

Offline DannerAK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2016, 03:06 PM »
I'll look into that - thanks!

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2016, 02:46 PM »
Were you able to find replacement poles.  Another idea I thought of if you have an old shack steal 2 of the poles and make a coupler to join the 2 together then cut them to length.  If you need I have a bunch of old shacks I use for parts I could grab 2 poles for you if you wanted to try.
I was born an Alaskan I just didn't live here at the time.

Offline DannerAK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2016, 01:59 PM »
Were you able to find replacement poles.  Another idea I thought of if you have an old shack steal 2 of the poles and make a coupler to join the 2 together then cut them to length.  If you need I have a bunch of old shacks I use for parts I could grab 2 poles for you if you wanted to try.

I've got a couple leads for finding poles that might work.  I appreciate the offer and may take you up on it if something doesn't materialize from my other leads. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.