Author Topic: clam parts priceing  (Read 6347 times)

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
clam parts priceing
« on: Jan 30, 2006, 07:05 PM »
Awhile back I posted that I was trying to contact Clam Corp. via email about some parts I needed. After about a week of NO reply ,I mentioned it here. I was given Clam corps phone number and heard a lot of theories as to why they hadnt replied. I patched the tubes together so that I could use it and waited for a reply from the email. I did not call because I wanted to see how long it would take to get a reply.After 15 days I resent the email and added that I had been waiting 15 days for a reply and noted that if they were not going to reply to emails they should remove their customer SERVICE email from their web site. I got this reply.

Cost break down-

Hoop - $29.95

RH Leg - $14.95

S&H varies, usually $20-25

Please call customer service Monday-Friday, 8-5 Central Standard, and they can help you get squared away. Sorry for the long reply time on your email.

Does anyone else think these prices are a bit high? 45 bucks for about 5 bucks worth of material. Especially the shipping?Hmmmm I think its time to look into another brand of shack.

Offline beerduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • beer and fish nut
Re: clam parts priceing
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2006, 07:13 PM »
yes clam ice fishing tents are awesome! but i also thought that they are not indistructable so i started looking at prices for repair or replacements and im glad nothing has broke yet but repairing shouldnt cost this much and I beleive they know this>

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2006, 07:16 PM »
AS much as I love Clam shacks i think they area alittle pricey  maybe if we bouycott and stop buying the shacks the price will go down some ? ? ?  Its redicilious though how cheap some of the parts are esp certain whole sale replacement parts.

take aquavu for example had to get a new screen  for the camera with 120 ft of cable total cost new around $300    the new screen including the plug in  hookups o nthe side $68 for the part 80 with the shipping seemed pretty cheap 

if you need it that bad you will pay and maybe thats there mentality

fk
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2006, 07:29 PM »
Well ,I dont need it that bad,I just thought I would support a company I had previously been happy with.Instead I will make due till this summer and make my own replacement tubes.I will definetly reconsider what brand of shack I purchase when this one takes its final trip to the ice.I have always bragged about my yukon to others ,and it is a sweet shack,just hope nothing ever happens to it, or its gonna be spendy.

stump

Offline willbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ONTARIO NEW YORK
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2006, 05:53 AM »
AkDan - What is the most popular ortable up there ?

Offline roverowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The sweet smell of success!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2006, 07:28 PM »
Maybe you could buy some conduit and a bender and make your own.  Doesn't seem like it's a proprietary material that they're using. 

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2006, 08:00 PM »
Maybe you could buy some conduit and a bender and make your own.  Doesn't seem like it's a proprietary material that they're using. 

Thats what im doing,but I was so happy with my clam I thought i would give them a little more bussiness.Guess they dont want it.

stump

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2006, 09:27 AM »
I contacted Clam (with this link) about these complaints and recieved a reply :

" Thanks for the heads up Doug.  I’m going to get on this.
Sarah "

I've dealt with Sarah in the past and she's top-notch. Hopefully she can resolve some of these issues !  ;D

Doug >))))>

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline chowdah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2006, 09:00 AM »
I repaired my Clam 5600 with 3/4'' electrical conduit tube. Worked good and I dont think it will ever break! Its 12 years old used every winter and first repair. I just bought another Clam a 6800 the fabric seems better even though the old fabric has held up. They are pricey! I only bought the new one cause the dealer had discounted it by 40% so it was too good to pass up. I guess the warm winter helped me there!

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2006, 10:02 AM »
LoneWolf,

thanks for your time man, this site is first class!  I like to see the leverage Iceshanty.com holds in the ice fishing community... and its just going to get better!

I am having some problems with my HT Portable wanna give them a call also? (J/k_)

c0lDBum

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #10 on: Feb 06, 2006, 03:49 PM »

I'm glad everything worked out !  ;)
Those who are brave are free ..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com