The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Unity pond  (Read 1104 times)

Offline phishheads

• Team IceShanty Regular
Unity pond
« on: Feb 03, 2016, 07:56 AM »
Just wondering if anyone knew the ice conditions at Unity Pond.  Haven't been able to check it out myself yet but was looking to walk out there this weekend if possible.  Any help would be appreciated.  If I am able to fish it this weekend I will update on how the ice held up after this weather.  Thanks.

Offline slaying shack

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Unity pond
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2016, 08:07 AM »
I was just down to the kanockolus landing and there was a good 8 inches of ice... I don't venture out to fast but it looked that sleds were driving across the lake to the island
I got a call... everyone was dismayed... all around my shack... the fish had been slayed.

Offline proudmainah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2016, 12:23 PM »
I saw a hard shack with wheelers driving out to it on Sunday.

Offline BlackDogAlpha

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2016, 01:32 PM »
My son is going to do a college visit to Unity in a couple weeks, depending on weather, I'm going to sneak over and do something fishy on Unity. Can someone PM me a launch location or spot to get on the ice as Ive never been up? Afternoon of Friday the 19th, Ill buy bait if you guide. (no atv/sled)

Offline slaying shack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2016, 07:55 PM »
Right off main street there is a boat  launch sign almost across from depot street by the statue of moose that is the boat launch if you drive down. I might be down there Sunday depending on ice conditions. Don't expect too much for fast and furious fishing. Some big pickerel, an occasional feel good trout, bass, crappie on Burnham end of lake
I got a call... everyone was dismayed... all around my shack... the fish had been slayed.

Offline BlackDogAlpha

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2016, 08:55 AM »
Thanks! If I get anything worthy Ill post a picture.

Offline Bout-Time

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2016, 09:56 PM »
Theres crappie to be had there for sure.

Fished the lake for decades (I live bout 6 minutes away), but it isnt what it used to be when they stocked it. Havent been out on it in a year or two.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Offline phishheads

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 2016, 01:39 PM »
Out on unity now.  Have seen 6-8 inches with about and inch is slush on top.  Now if only I can catch some crappies

Offline slaying shack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 06, 2016, 10:27 PM »
Any luck phishheads? I went down to the landing today saw one set of tracks where a sled was pulled through the snow. I didn't dare go out by myself.

Offline phishheads

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 07, 2016, 04:30 AM »
Those Were my tracks.  It was very slow fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.