Author Topic: Caddy Lake  (Read 3093 times)

Offline Jordan Park

• IceShanty Rookie
Caddy Lake
« on: Feb 01, 2016, 06:57 PM »
Hey guys,

Me and my brother want to go to Caddy Lake and slam some Crappies. I tried getting onto the ice about 5 years ago but couldn't figure out where to get on. I ended up going to Lyons for the day instead.

I want to try this weekend, can anyone tell me where to go to get down to the ice.

And are there Crappie anywhere on the water or do I need to hit certain spots?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jordan

Offline Swayze

• IceShanty Rookie
  • me like fish
Re: Caddy Lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2016, 04:09 PM »
Just go to the camp ground that is right on Hwy 44. Turn into the campground and go straight to the boat launch...  or enter by foot at the campground beach...
Swayze

Offline wood99

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • http://i63.tinypic.com/xoeceo.jpg
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2016, 11:48 AM »
has anyone been out in the last few days?  was just wondering what the lake conditions were like with slush etc?  thinking of heading out that way tomorrow.

Offline Jordan Park

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Apr 17, 2016, 08:22 PM »
So I figured I'd give an update on the day I went to Caddy lake back in February lol.

We managed to get down on the ice very easily. We went to the beach by the office and walked on. Not sure how I missed that spot years ago when I went. Anyways...
I ended up catching 1 perch, 1 small Jack, and guess what!!! A freaking large mouth bass!!
That's it. No crappie at all.
When I got home and filleted the Jack it had a walleye in its belly. The Jack was 18" and the walleye inside it was 12".
Thought that was pretty cool!

Offline POPSIvrs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 03:17 AM »
last i heard caddy lake closed because of  fire..gotta cook those fish elsewhere..cheerz..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.