Author Topic: Warner Road  (Read 1945 times)

Offline Silverfox71

• IceShanty Rookie
Warner Road
« on: Feb 01, 2016, 06:30 PM »
Hey all,

I am planning on heading out to Warner road this weekend with my son.  Because he is scared of going through the ice we will probably be walking out from the landing.  Can anyone offer a direction and what kind of distance we will be hiking in order to do some successful Walleye fishing?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Silverfox71

Offline reel

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Warner Road
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2016, 07:08 PM »
About 500 yards to 1 km. You may be able to convince him to driving out once he sees all the trucks driving.

Offline Silverfox71

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2016, 08:25 PM »
Hey Reel,

Thanks a bunch! I am hoping for exactly that!  I was thinking I might have to walk a mile or so but 1km....that is at least doable!  straight out or more northwest or just follow the shacks?

Offline Crimson Night

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2016, 08:29 PM »
I have driven on it. If you have a decent vehicle with 4wd you can drive out. Thickness isn't an issue as far as I know just watch for the ridges and drifts. Just be prepared with tow straps and shovels.

If the vehicle isn't suitable for the drive walking would be wise.

Offline Silverfox71

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2016, 09:18 PM »
2500 4x4 diesel.....HEAVY!  Decent Toyo M/T tires.......non of which float HAHA.  If there are enough other heavy's out there I may be able to convince my son but I won't push it.

Thanks again for all your input guys!

Offline bandit

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Born to Fish
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2016, 08:11 PM »
Maybe try Whytewold they have small park on the lake and you can access the lake from the park. 500 yards out and your 10 feet of water already

Offline Silverfox71

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2016, 11:02 AM »
Thanks bandit,

We will check it out......have they been doing well out there? I mean with Walleyes?

Offline bandit

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Born to Fish
« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2016, 07:33 AM »
I know that spot good first ice & again in March. We still finding lots of fish shallow this year it seam that they are feeding in mud for bugs.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.