Author Topic: 3 Lakes Tourney Recap  (Read 907 times)

Offline tristen

• IceShanty Rookie
3 Lakes Tourney Recap
« on: Feb 01, 2016, 09:50 AM »
First trip to the tournament and what an experience.  Had many questions with the new gear and ice conditions were far from ideal.  Side x side did great through the slush and nothing broke haha.  Stayed at Mustachios and what an atmosphere and great experience.  Nice little snowy town with great food.  As far as the fishing went, we went all in for Macs, landed more then 20 but we're either to big or to small to enter for money.  We will be making the trip again!

Offline Fryinpan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 3 Lakes Tourney Recap
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2016, 10:19 AM »
Glad you had a nice time!!  Does anyone have details of the tournament?? 
What was the weather like?  How many teams?  and so on   :tipup:

Offline tristen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2016, 10:56 AM »
Weather was ok, my opinion worst day on the lake was Saturday, a lot of wet snow and slush, bite was a lot slower for me on Saturday.  All the info on the tourney is on their Facebook page.  Was really neat being able to see up to the hour leader boards and it kinda let me know of weather of wasting a trip up to the weigh station or not.  Biggest Mac cought was 37" and was cought by a woman.  Biggest brown I believe was cought on Sunday somewhere around 4 pounds.

Offline Teamroper3684

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2016, 11:02 AM »
Weather was decent we fished Thursday through Sunday, Saturday was pretty warm Sunday little chilly but it's ice fishing and mostly cloud cover all days except Friday got pretty sunny.  I talked to the lady at budget tackle she said their store alone did around 600 entries, plus Granby bait and tackle, the chamber doing pre registration.  Was most likely over 1000 anglers on the water, our best day was Thursday, I landed 6 myself with 1 that ended up first place for the day.  2.535lbs and 18 7/8" there was a guy that beat me out but did not make it to the awards and he got bumped off the board. I think just in the laker category Saturday 4 guys got bumped off for not being there, so if you're close its worth showing up to the awards.  It would be nice if they could show top 15 all day so as of the 4pm update you could know how close you are to placing.  I heard of quote a few big ones gettin pulled through the ice as well as a lady won the big fish contest Saturday with a 37" fish  I believe.  Big fish is a drawing though over 32" they put your name in a bucket and draw a name. Otherwise it was a good tournament and had fun.  Sunday we got skunked and the leader boards looked a little bare but you can see all the winners for the 3 days posted on 3 lakes ice fishing tournament on Facebook.  Shows updates throughout the days as well as the white sheets that showed the final after awards. 

Offline Vex-Um

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2016, 11:45 AM »
These guys nailed it.  Biggest fish was 38 on Sunday.  Each day a Rainbow around 3.5 won that division and a 4+ pound brown won on Sunday. 
Rippin' Lips and Jerkin' Jaws

Offline Teamroper3684

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2016, 07:35 PM »
Only thing I wish was different was maybe posting the top 15 instead of 8 that way if you think ur close but off the board you could still show up to the awards and may be one of the alternates for people that didn't show,  and the early end Sunday was kinda a bummer, but was still good. As far as I know no one caught a tagged fish worth $1000 there were 9 total I believe.  And from my understanding Saturday someone was accused of cheating and had to use the polygraph but passed.  I know some people weren't happy with some things but 1000 people at a tourney you're gonna have 1 or 2 not happy.  If it is over something that's not quite clear in the rules it's one thing but if there's something posted in the rules thats how it is.  Bit of a descrepency about some things Saturday but it is what it is and everything was posted clear and they try and give everyone a completely fair shot at everything.  I read the rules 2 times to make sure I had everything understood.  All in all I think they do an amazing job for just the few people who work the weigh station and do all the book keeping.  Be cool to know the number of fish that were weighed each day just to see how many people weighed fish in each category.  Saturday was definitely the busy day shacks were everywhere and Sunday it looked like a ghost town.  Not sure how grand lake or shadow looked I always fish Granby and go all in for lakers each day.  We had some hogs hooked up but couldn't get them landed biggest fish for us was a 26" and quite a few over 2 lbs but we only weighed 2 fish all weekend on Saturday one at 2.535 and one at 2.260.  But was great the slush got a little scary in spots but wasn't bad

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2016, 10:07 AM »

"And from my understanding Saturday someone was accused of cheating and had to use the polygraph but passed"

^^^^^^ Ut-oh, I hope not another live minnows like what happened @ 11 mile a couple years back  :o

Offline Fryinpan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2016, 10:17 AM »
Sounds like a great weekend!!  Thank you all for taking the time to tell about the weekend.  Tight lines everyone   :tipup:

Offline Teamroper3684

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 2016, 01:52 PM »
Ya no idea what the test was all about, makes you wonder though what may have happened, I believe it's the first time they have ever used it on an angler there, besides playing with it on Bernie. But they said he passed and was receiving a check so not sure what brought up an aquisition towards the angler

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.