Author Topic: sugarloaf road update  (Read 945 times)

Offline the chief

• Team IceShanty Regular
sugarloaf road update
« on: Jan 31, 2016, 09:25 PM »
 here is a email I got from cascade sate park office

Hello:

Thank you for your email and interest in Stonebreaker Lane.

Currently the park is able to maintain winter parking lots and restroom facilities at the following areas: park headquarters/office area, Blue Heron, Van Wyck, Crown Point Winter lot, Poison Creek, and Osprey Point Group yurt area. These areas selected are based on serving a wide-ranging visitor base, providing access on both sides of the lake, and very importantly - the proximity to available personnel and equipment.

I am in discussion with our management partners, the Bureau of Reclamation, along with officials from Valley County regarding the challenges and opportunities of opening this road, or providing nearby access. A few of the issues involved in this topic include: long term maintenance impacts to the roadway and parking lot, right of way issues, impact to the current park operations, and providing consistent, safe access.

Although we certainly appreciate the offer of funds or equipment to help with the project we are not in a position to change our current operation. It is unlikely that the road will open for vehicle traffic this winter season. We, and other involved partners will however, continue to work through the details of this concept in the coming weeks and months. I would be glad to stay in touch with regarding this project and/or assist with additional questions or needs.

If I may provide more specific directions to the areas we maintain or the service levels provided please let me know.

Again thank you,

Theresa Perry, Park Manager

Lake Cascade State Park

970 Dam Road | Cascade, ID 83611

tel (208) 382-6544 | fax (208) 382-4071

Team Spudsickel 2012 1st place rainbow 2016 2nd place perch

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired AF,Nam Vet, VFW life member, Wis. Native
Re: sugarloaf road update
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2016, 11:24 PM »
Thanks for posting the info Chief.

Offline the chief

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: sugarloaf road update
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2016, 06:11 PM »
 just a note for all Friday we stop by to look not sure which group but they plowed a five  foot of snow burm so the only way you and get into sugarloaf is by sled or maybe ATV . hope save you time  best way on to the ice is at city ramp we fish Friday and had 13 to 15 inch of ice very little slush ,not how the temp well change this . have fun and enjoy the day ;D
Team Spudsickel 2012 1st place rainbow 2016 2nd place perch

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.